Spa Francorchamps 2022

Tracks Spa Francorchamps 2022 1.03

Login or Register an account to download this content
guigui0256 submitted a new resource:

Spa Francorchamps 2022 - Official Kunos Spa Francorchamps updated to new 2022 specs.

View attachment 556546

About

The first ever race that was hosted at Spa-Francorchamps in 1921 was a motorbike race. And for the 100 years anniversary of the track, Spa-Francorchamps wanted to reconnect with its history. That's why in 2022 the circuit has undergone heavy transformations to meet the FIM regulation with the goal of hosting a motorcycle race again this year.
The main changes consists of larger clearances between the track and guard rails, the come back of...

Read more about this resource...

Why does the sand sparkle/shimmer when driving ?
I can't take a screenshot of it because its fine when not moving.
SUPER distracting and appears like a graphical glitch when I think it might be due to the chosen texture.

I see a semi transparent layer a few inches above the tarmac, not sure if CSP settings / version or something with the track though...

Hopefully you can see it across the bottom of the car and particularly the tyres (dark band at the bottom) tried with three cars, two mods one Kunos.

Some floating white lines as well it think this was along the Kemmel straight

I see a semi transparent layer a few inches above the tarmac, not sure if CSP settings / version or something with the track though...

Hopefully you can see it across the bottom of the car and particularly the tyres (dark band at the bottom) tried with three cars, two mods one Kunos.

Mee too, I've tried with diffrernts car and weeter, but it remains...good work anyway!!!

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    377 KB · Views: 102
Why does the sand sparkle/shimmer when driving ?
I can't take a screenshot of it because its fine when not moving.
SUPER distracting and appears like a graphical glitch when I think it might be due to the chosen texture.

Hey @TurboJLo I don't really know what you are referring to, I never had such effect with the track. A video (or screenshot maybe?) would be perfect to show what's happening.

Mee too, I've tried with diffrernts car and weeter, but it remains...good work anyway!!!

@graveltrap @supersajan4 Thank you guys for your feedback. I know where these issues come from, thanks for pointing it out. This is due to the way tracks are made. The mesh where the line texture is applied is not flat on the road surface so it appears floating. Same thing with the grey plane. What you see is the plane where the groove/dark rubber band texture is applied on. Should also be flat on the track.

I will wait to see if there are other things pointed out before pushing an update, but I take note.

Last edited:
I appreciate the work that went into this. I would advise that there is an easier way to install this. rather than overwriting the current extension folder for the track, you can put the 2022 extension folder in the 2022 folder you currently have. this will take priority over the extension in the main folder. I have tested it out and it works fine. This will allow people to have their current extension work for the pre-2022 track and use your for the 2022 version. Great job and I hope you get the ghost look over the surface of the track sorted out.

edit: this in fact does not work. several things did not load correctly as Johnr and guigui stated.

Last edited:
I appreciate the work that went into this. I would advise that there is an easier way to install this. rather than overwriting the current extension folder for the track, you can put the 2022 extension folder in the 2022 folder you currently have. this will take priority over the extension in the main folder. I have tested it out and it works fine. This will allow people to have their current extension work for the pre-2022 track and use your for the 2022 version. Great job and I hope you get the ghost look over the surface of the track sorted out.
Very interesting ! I didn't knew about that. It would be better indeed, instead of maybe forcing people to give up their mods. I will see into it for the next update.

And yes, the ghosts planes are sorted out. Just finished working on them. Will be solved in the next update.

moving the extension folder to the 2022 one works, but it breaks the shader replacement code needed for the new textures
this is correct. I did not notice the track surface texture. It seems to load everything else though. I guess I will need to figure out a way to "clone" the track as I want the old layout too.

edit: this in fact does not work. several things did not load correctly as Johnr and guigui stated.
If you leave the spa_updated_textures inside the main extensions folder it will work like you want it to. I just tested it.

2.png
1.png

guigui0256 updated Spa Francorchamps 2022 with a new update entry:

Ghost plane and grass fix

In this first update, I fixed the ghost plane that were floating above the track, as well as the white line for the pit exit at the top of Raidillon.

I also fixed the grass for people who are not using GrassFX with CSP. After seeing some people playing without GrassFX, which leads to horrendous results and not proper shading. I decided to remove altogether the original grass 3D mesh. While not ideal, the result is better and I assume people should be using CSP GrassFX at this stage.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back