SimBin: 'Don't worry about bankruptcy rumours'

ref_feat1.jpg

Various websites have posted news regarding potential bankruptcy of SimBin Studios AB, here's a little substantiated clarification.

RaceDepartment understands that the current SimBin Studios AB company is undergoing a large restructuring. Current projects, such as R3E, are expected to be continued under the new banner of the new studio.

It is understood that there have been a handful of job losses at SimBin, however the majority of the development team is expected to remain at the 'new' studio. We'd like to wish those who have lost their jobs all the best in finding a new position.

We're confident that the information we're providing to you is up-to-date and correct, and is not based on speculation from social media.

SimBin's own @Jay Ekkel said, on RaceDepartment's forums:

Ill keep it short and sweet for now.

New Studio, new (tbd) name, new location, (almost) the same team. And most importantly we will continue the development of the project(s).

More (good) news will follow soon (tm) ;)

Don't worry about it, services and development will continue as planned.

There's nothing to worry about in regards to support of current games, or the release of future games. Content that has already been purchased will still function as normal.
Image: SimBin Studios AB

Last edited:
Ah, sorry I interpreted you incorrectly, shouldn't try to read others minds, my fault!
Not sure exactly what the topic of this thread is but I would be interested in why they will/need to change the name. Unless it is just something they can't purchase in the bankruptcy or some other legal reason, I think there is still quite a bit of currency in the name SimBin. I'm sure there is someone inside or outside of SimBin that could shed some light on the thoughts behind a name change.

I've liked what I've played thus far so I'm very excited to see what SimBin or what the newly named company (my bet is something RaceRoom related) releases in the coming weeks/months/years.

Who owns RaceRoom ( IP, game and other RaceRoom products) now ?
Still in the ownership of that suspension maker or is it fully in the hands of the new dev team ? At least the game portion of it ?

That's what's causing the suspense (pun very much intended)

Only two possibilites:

KW finally bought every single asset and talent of simbin, thus renaming it.

Simbin finally broke free of their chains of their evil overlord and are restructring themselves.

My guess? The former :(

So:

Features to be included in DTM:E 2014:
Pit Stops
Tyre Temps
Selectable Tyre Compounds

If all three of the above are including in the initial release of DTM:E 2014 I will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

If any two of the above are included then both Myself AND Jay will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

If One or None of the above is included then Jay will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

I'll even buy my 500vRP now cos believe it or not I do actually have faith in SimBin(New Name) ;)

@Craig Stevenson I am afraid we both have to pay up something in the near future ;)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=802336526474573&id=629761270398767

Yeah, DTM seemed pretty expensive for what you got, especially with the core R3e game basically being in Beta. Hopefully they old customers get some sort of incentive for the 2014 version.

It was the first go around and experience so I am sure it was good and bad. Hopefully they learned a lot.

I am sure I will buy 2014 since it seems everything they are doing now seems very positive and good.

I really hope so too, Dtm was a mixed bag for me.( i didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of the content).
Same for me.
I do find DTM cars fun for a change, but they have too much grip for my liking.
And I'm more of an Oldies fan!
The pit stops will certainly make the DTM series more interesting for a while.

But mostly I'm longing for this feature to be implemented in R3E, and with fuel consumption to make the races even more tactical!

By the way Devs, will you implement some races with pit stops on multiplayer as well?
And are you thinking of merging the DTM and R3E servers?
I think this would be beneficial for both sides.
I am certainly more of a R3E guy, and more likely to check and join the R3E servers.
But If I could se the DTM servers form R3E, or just a page click away, I would be more tempted to join a DTM race with many participants.

I really hope so too, Dtm was a mixed bag for me.( i didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of the content)
I am not sure i will buy 2014 unless there is a rebate to 2013 owners.

Yep...i will probably buying dtm 2014 but i don't know if I will buy it immediately unless there are linked discounts...so i hope 2013 will have those features too...

Well if you continue to support your older titles, I am happy as i just gave away a copy of Race Injection. We will continue to buy and give away them on our live cast, Cause your stuff is that good. The minute you stop support is the minute i say bye, Because anything new is junk like that free to play crap. Who wants to be forced to by DLC and only have 2 cars or so and one or 2 tracks? people like a choice I rather know what i am buying, Rather then jump into an ad filled game that promotes more bs and intises you to spend more left and right. Ask my wife what she thinks she will tell you all right also this is no better or different then Iracing, But your older titles Ill still play as they are very good. AlI I can say is as long as your profiting you should not kill any game, Also raise the prices of race 07 to at least 13 to 20 bucks like really its Quality no joke the engine it self is great. GTR EVO fixed my bump maps on a mod we were editing man Quality work all the way around and lots of live action in the pbFanatic server also great for broadcasting on hitbox don't stop the support if you just go R3E and F2P you will go bankrupt again some people don't learn like really if F2P is so well why go Bankrupt weird. Also if your adding anything cool like engine supported stuff to the newer titles at least us Race07 guys should get it please we ask you nicely so this series can live on and we can get more people running it also would be nice to see this use an anti-cheat system like VAC. Please keep Race07 and those titles upto date they are the best stuff yet always 25/25 servers. I would finally like to say we promote your games on our cast time to time trying to get more people to buy your Race07 and GTR EVO thanks for great racing I wanan wish you luck on your new stuff and hope to see you update Race07 series as its the best.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back