F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello fellow racers,

thanks to all who posted their setups, it´s really appreciated.
I´m on my first year in career mode with virgin and I had major problems with the track in practice and with the setups posted in this thread.
Not saying they are not good or anything, but they don´t seem to work with the virgin car.

So I figured I woud try to alter my setup for suiting my needs.
Mostly the car didn´t turn in well on corners and the gears seemed to be off to the speeds in the corners too.
In general I felt the car was to quick in the corners with too low on the revs so it was difficult for me to maintain a good speed to rev ratio to accelerate out of the corners.

So I started with general setup, the most right on the quick setup menu and reduced the gear ratios to lower speeds.
Now I feel the car kinda does what it should. I´m not blazingly fast on this track now, besides I had a hattrick on the 3 races before and took first place on 2nd difficulty level. I think there is still room for improvement with the car setup and me learning the track.
My times are mostly in the 1.37 to 1.36 area, anyways here is my virgin setup:

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox

Gear 1: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 175 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 207 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 237 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 272 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 307 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 347 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed

Alignment

Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

hope it helps some people with the virgin. Tell me what you think about it.

Cheers

It's pretty good, I'm also in first year with Virgin racing I used your setup but changed a couple of things.

Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Front Anti Roll Bar: 5

Did a 1:35.105 in practise, it seems like there is still a bit of improvement left.

I'm really having trouble with this track.
I can't get my times below 1.35.416 with my HRT and I need almost a second off to qualify 15th in Q2.
I tried most of the setups available here, but none of em seem to cut it.
Also I can't seem to get the flow of the first few corners.

edit: I just ran some laps with a mclaren and got 1.28.273, so it must be all about my HRT just being bad.

new TT world record! 11/19 world records now LOL, thx to Bortz that said that you have to change the engine to Fast manually!! I have always driven with standard :), anyway here comes the setup, and I have it on video too, will upload it on youtube soon.

Time on this setup - 1:24.466 - Rank 1st

Car : Mclaren

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Braking
Pressure: Standard
Brake Size: Medium
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 11
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 148 kph
Gear 2: 168 kph
Gear 3: 201 kph
Gear 4: 235 kph
Gear 5: 269 kph
Gear 6: 310 kph
Gear 7: 365 kph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: T.T
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50

and a pic, video comming soon:
1549e75.jpg

A few weeks ago when I was doing silverstone TT on another forum, I used a setup of yours wekkie that I found on youtube. :) I think your aero was 8/1. I got 1:26.534. So thanks, really helped. Could have done it without assists like we do here, but it's not compulsory on that forum, so I didn't bother. Oh look, there's Goldenbortz only three places above me. :wink:

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-02-12 01-14-30-54.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-02-12 01-14-30-54.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 359
thats a really nice time Roman! Glad it helped you, try my new setup it is much faster:) I think that anyway, and remember to set the engine to FAST MANUALLY, otherwise it is still standard, Im currently uploading my video :) I will watch Peter Forsberg on TV while uploading :) I will link it when it has been uploaded

/wekk

i'll give this ago wekkie, wouldnot have thought to run an 11 front wing, my time is frozen solid at a 1:25.4 on a 3 wing :L so i'll tweak it round a little and see if i can challenege you in any way :L

new TT world record! 11/19 world records now LOL, thx to Bortz that said that you have to change the engine to Fast manually!! I have always driven with standard :), anyway here comes the setup, and I have it on video too, will upload it on youtube soon.

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance
Suspension
Gearbox
Engine
Alignment

Great set up, man! Awesome cornering! I did 1.34.112 with it, whereas with the other settings was 1.35.698 Career, 1 season, Lotus

Lotus, 1st year, hardest difficulty settings (ABS off, traction off, damage on, fuel sim on, legend AI, etc.) but automatic gearbox.

I made the set-up by just thinking what I needed to get the car to my liking, changed everything at once, went out, liked it, and left it like that. So it can obviously be improved.

I am able to lap in the mid-to-high 1:33 on the soft tyres (qualy run) and 1:35-1:36 during the race. You are still over a second of the pace of the fastest cars, but p7-p10 in Qualy is a real possibility. You are the fastest through Maggotts, Becketts and Farm curve, but lose out through Stowe, Brooklands and Luffield.
I change the wing setting to (-) after vale and back to (+) on wellington straight.

I don't know if it is the set-up or the track, but the front tyres degradate quite quickly (they become yellow on lap 2 on 30% races (16 laps) but you can get 5-6 laps out of them and then finish the race on the hards without any problems).

It is also a great set-up in wet conditions. I got pole with it by going out on the full wets instead of intermediates like suggested. After this I finished the dry race in 3rd position, by holding the other cars up (they won't be able to pass if you can stay on the racing line through the corners!) and pitting in the right lap.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: n/a
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 338 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Fuel: Fixed amount
Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -2.90
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

How to drive:
- Copse: lift of before corner, turn in, back on throttle
- Maggotts: flat out
- Becketts: flat out/lift off slightly, then brake a bit before the righthander so you can keep the inside line through that corner, back on throttle
- Chapel curve: (almost) flat out
- Stowe: brake before the corner so you get the inside line (necessary to hold the other cars behind you!), gently back on throttle
- Vale: brake, glide through, back on throttle (turn wing down)
- Farm curve: lift off very slightly but immediately back on the throttle. On softs it is possible to go flat out but you have to hit the turn-in point spot on.
- Village corner: brake, keep the inside line, glide through, gently back on throttle
- The loop: lift off (don't brake!), glide through, back on throttle
- Aintree corner: flat-out
- Brooklands corner: turn wing back up, brake, and get the inside line, gently back on throttle
- Luffield corner: lift off, glide through (brake a little bit if necessary), gently back on throttle
- Woodcote: flat-out

Note: "back on throttle" doesn't mean put your foot down at once, cause without traction you will spin!

Let me know what you think! :)

Best spec i found so far. I got 1:33.1-3xx with this on expert. Thanks to the fact that I got a flying lap in before rain started in qualy I was able to get 6th in qualy

Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 4​

Braking
Balance: F 45% - R 55%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 354 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Fuel: Fixed amount
Alignment
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

note
this setup i have noticed works on a few other tracks as well.
the setup still has room to be improved

250px-Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Fuel: Fixed amount​
Alignment
Note
Tested with McLaren​

It is the first time I play this game, so I use all assists, except for fuel and tires. My next step is to use the brakes without assistance. I'm in my first season with Virgin and although my opinion is not relevant because of my inexperience, I can say that Bram settings are very aggressive and allowed me to come in third in qualifying and first in the race. I know it's much easier to win a race with assists, but consider my level in this game.

Thanks Bram for this set up.

Sorry for my bad english.

Miclos

My first time to race this track in this game. Except for the new section, I knew the track from other games and watching F1. So I thought this would be another easy one for me. Boy was I wrong.
Career 1st year, Lotus, NO assists, tire wear on, fuel off. Im using a DFGT wheel
I restarted practice 3 times trying to find a setup I liked. Nothing was working for me. So I jumped on here and started copying setups. Found a few quick ones. Most were either too slow on the straights or really fast but too unstable to do a full race. I finally settled for the lower downforce settings since that was how I got my fastest lap.
With lower downforce, I was able to get a 1:33.8 in practice. I made it to Q3. But the best I could get was mid 1:35.xxx. That put me in 9th. Vettel got a 1:32.0xx.
So I start my race and crashed in turn 1. Restart. Crash in turn 2. Restart. Get passed by most the field while trying not to fly off the track and then crash on turn 1 of lap 2. Now I'm thinking there's no way I can do a full race distance fighting this car.
So I looked at all the setups posted here. Most are either really high downforce or really low downforce. So I wrote them all down and figured up the averages and most popular settings for each parameter. Using that as my base, I bumped the front downforce up 1 and moved the brake bias just a bit towards the rear. Most people here seem to like brakes more towards the front. But I'm a notorious late braker and I like the oversteer. I noticed my front wheel was skipping coming around the slow tight turns so I loosened the front roll bar down one also. The gearing could be better. But it worked great for me. I will play with it more when I come back to this track.
But If you're looking for a good middle of the road setup for a lotus that's very stable and sure footed and wont get left behind on the straights, here it is

Lotus/Silverstone

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard (No other choice)

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 83 mph
Gear 2: 103 mph
Gear 3: 123 mph
Gear 4: 141 mph
Gear 5: 161 mph
Gear 6: 183 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph

Engine
Fuel: N/A

Alignment
Camber front: -1.30

Best Time: 1:33:913 in race with prime tires.

Victor's setup. Career year 4 of 7, Virgin, legend, no assists but traction, full sim. Qualification 1:32:504, 5th, pole Vettel 1:31:840. Race 1st, 1:33:320 personal, heavy rain half race.

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance
Suspension
Gearbox
Engine
Alignment

Somehow I have to admit this worked wonders for my Toro Rosso making 1.31.899 nice =D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.