F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I improved the setup more to my likings and was able to do 1.341 in qualifying, that gave me pole.
Vettel came in 2nd with 1.348.

I increased the front wing to 9 which improved the turn in. I put the stiffness of the springs
both to 11 which gave me more stability for the whole setup especially in fast corners.
I changed breaking balance to 46%-54% and left most of the other settings untouched, for 4th to 7th gear I´ve put them
all one tick higher since the revs were quite high.
Oh and additionally I got the 10% grip increase package after practice so that helped a lot.

Race was pretty tough since the AI cars had way higher corner speeds then the virgin car.
I had 2 mistakes missing the breaking point and Vettel and Schuhmacher passed me right away.
From that point on there was nothing holding them back and they pulled away quickly.
So I came in 3rd place with 151 points after Vettel leading now with 152 points in the championship.
The next races will be quite interesting, hope Hockenheim will be a bit better then Silverstone.
Oh and all driving aids are off besides the traction control on medium for the start.

Cheers

1. Car
Williams
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: Med
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 87 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 110 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 131 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 152 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 174 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 194 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 212 mph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel:

Alignment
Camber front: 1.10
Camber rear: 3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

Hey guys,

I love these discussions. I'm just wondering what controllers everyone is using to set some of these times.

I'm using the X-Box 360 Wireless controller and can't get withing 4 seconds of the pace at Silverstone. Some of these times lead me to believe that having a wheel is the best way to go.

I'm currently in year 2 with Lotus and just can not get my head around the set up for Silverstone. I managed to qualify 19th last night with my best lap.

I tend to find that Silverstone is a big 'understeer' circuit. I drove Virgin last season and this season, the Lotus is rubbish. Especially in the race. After a good start, I made it to 16th, but I was basically a cork in the bottle, as 15th ran away at more than 2 seconds a lap.

First sorry by my poor english, i´ve used de first setup in this section for Silverstone and it didn´t was great for me, so i proved with Melbourne setup just apdating Alignement of Silverstone. And it realy go well.

Hello,

does anybody have a good setup for TORO ROSSO car? I tried a lot of thease setups and they don't work for me ... my average lap time is 1:42:xxx ??? I an driving in carrer mode (tyre sumulation=on, ....)

Please help me :p

I doubt any setup will help for me, I cannot get the hang of them fast sweeping corners at all, got so frustrated I actually uninstalled the game and deleted my saves :O
Seems extreme to me Jason. Better action would have been to get a wheel. I love racing games so I have the best wheel out there, a Fanatec. When ever you see a professional driver on a simulator, do you ever see him using a pad? Thought not. Sim driving involves the use of a wheel, nothing else will do.

Seems extreme to me Jason. Better action would have been to get a wheel. I love racing games so I have the best wheel out there, a Fanatec. When ever you see a professional driver on a simulator, do you ever see him using a pad? Thought not. Sim driving involves the use of a wheel, nothing else will do.

Give me 300 and ill go get a 27 :)

Cant afford it mate.

Just reinstalled F1, trying to master no TC on a pad :)

Great setup,just shortened last two gears to 319,362
1.29.760 in Q, 1.29.389 in race. I think 1.28.5- 1.28.3 is possible,but 1.26.444 in LOTUS,it's hard to believe. Qual pos 2 MASSA 1.31.3
Season 2 RBR,autogears,ABS,medium traction AI-Legend PC

Nice..I did 1:36:754 in a Sauber in free training..best setup I tried so far..1st place in trainings..

Hard is not the difficulty level its the level of assists the difficult levels are amateur, intermediate, professional, and legend... the lotus as in real life just isn't competitive enough to come anywhere near 1st place on higher levels IMO

They are the difficulty level setting but in different menus as you through changing them and also the assists to off does make the game harder so yes it would affect how difficult it is to win

I'm kinda shocked, can you really manage a car in Silverstone with low values wings?
o.O

I haven't tried yet, but i think it's really hard to make these times.. isn't it better to increase the wings by 5/6 at least?

(i have tried only a custop setup taken from another forum, and it was so different than yours XD the wings, for example, were 11F/9R!!!
i had some oversteering problems..)

I'm kinda shocked, can you really manage a car in Silverstone with low values wings?
o.O

I haven't tried yet, but i think it's really hard to make these times.. isn't it better to increase the wings by 5/6 at least?

(i have tried only a custop setup taken from another forum, and it was so different than yours XD the wings, for example, were 11F/9R!!!
i had some oversteering problems..)

Yes these times are hard to hit with less wing but its not impossible either you just need to be way more accurate personally im a 1/1 wing person and theres definately the straights to use it.

Try This setup, it does work good on tops cars, haven't tried it on a lower spec car though

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox

Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 240 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 272 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 310 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 354 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed amount

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

Time achieved in Time Trial : 1.25.820

I don't know how did you do 1.25. I get 1.32.982 in BMW and can't do any faster. Still, it's a good setup.

Hey guys,

I love these discussions. I'm just wondering what controllers everyone is using to set some of these times.

I'm using the X-Box 360 Wireless controller and can't get withing 4 seconds of the pace at Silverstone. Some of these times lead me to believe that having a wheel is the best way to go.

I'm currently in year 2 with Lotus and just can not get my head around the set up for Silverstone. I managed to qualify 19th last night with my best lap.

I tend to find that Silverstone is a big 'understeer' circuit. I drove Virgin last season and this season, the Lotus is rubbish. Especially in the race. After a good start, I made it to 16th, but I was basically a cork in the bottle, as 15th ran away at more than 2 seconds a lap.

i race with a dualshock/ps3 , i think the difficulty should be calibrated automatically when the machine detects what equipment you are using. it is , i think fair to say it is much more difficult using pads compared to wheels, espescially if you want to compete on a world stage. im going to get a wheel and seat soon but until then i have to just face facts,,all times posted in RD setups are unobtainable.
ive got the ai set to amatuer /tc med/ abs on.
first season/lotus. after 10 laps in practice im at 1.35.8xx (using brams setup), if im to fast ill reset ai.
in valencia ai was set to meed but i was 3 seconds of the pace, then lowered the ai and was 2half secs quicker, 6 during heavy rain.

Im really struggling with silverstone. I seem to spend most of my time in the gravel especially in the first sector. Maybe I need more practice but it seems like a really really hard track. I have tried most of the setups in this thread but it just seems like i don't have enough grip. I'm using a wheel and pedals and I have tried with a ps3 controller. I'm considering just taking out alonso in the first corner as he is my main rival and not bothering with the race.

Also any one think alonso looks like super mario at the moment?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back