F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Can anyone confirm that you can go flat out with the setup in the first post of this thread in the first turn? Seems I have to break it down to 6th/5th. Can't just go flat out with it.

here is my setup with the lotus,i got the poll with this setup, then the race was a wet race, and i cruised to victory by 23.53 over hamilton. i also was awarded the achievement clean sweep for getting the fastest times in each sector during qualifying.
let me know what you guys think after you try it.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 30% - R 70%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 9
Rear Ride Height: 9
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 2

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: standard
Fuel: Fixed amount

Alignment
Camber front: -.70
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.35

I tried this setup with Lotus too, my team "for the season"
What are you doing!!! Please tell me this wasn't a setup for the PC.

Is it me or is this so high it's ridiculous. You could fit a mechanic under the car with that height!

Note: This is a bit of sarcasm.. :no:"Please don't try this at home!!"

I then switched these and it performed so much better!

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Not "like driving a hotair balloon" as someone else said.. as well as being a smoother ride and also it was not "bouncing and bobbing about like a boat at sea" either! I did one lap with this (out and straigh back in!)
Switched the settings around and it was better. I only did a lap with this setup out of interest to see how badly it performed.. you need way lower ride heights than this at a fast low downforce track like Silverstone.

This was too slow for me for a dry race too, so how did others do with this?

Does anyone actually have a good setup for me in my first year with a lotus? On proffesinal ai. Need some help with setup.

I tried ones on this but they all seem shocking, or just not quick at all.

Hi all am new to the forum.
I just tried this as a first setup this morning, doing 1:30.3 after 3 laps will work on it a bit later as need setups for all tracks due to ps3 problems of a corrupted hard drive. I play on a Pad not a wheel & i dont use the joystick either, just the D Pad ( damm sore thumbs ) Regards to all ... Paul
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 57% - R 43%
Pressure: Hi
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness:5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 89 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 218 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel:
Alignment
Camber front: -1.5
Camber rear: -3.5
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

• sWozzAres

This setup in TT has done 1.26.147 with McLaren

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 90 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 113 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 131 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 149 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 169 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 192 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 220 mph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel:

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.38

I am driving a better setup that should be capable of 1.25.xxx

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4 - 6

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 90 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 113 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 131 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 149 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 169 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 192 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 220 mph

Engine
Throttle map: FAST
Fuel:

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

With this you can easily do turn 1 flat at around 185mph, harder to do if you turn front wing down to 5 and very hard with it at 4 - I find that not having the wheel on the right side of the deadzone is enough to ruin your line on turn-in.

Should change wing throughout the lap.

2 heavy braking zones on this track have alot of time in them - I am also either heavy braking or not braking at all except in the last bend if I am going too quick. First time I touch the brake is at stowe (bottom of hangar straight)

Vale is difficult with no TCS and no ABS and there is alot of time to be had there, hardest corner with this setup so if anyone can improve it let me know :)

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/newgrandprix-circuit/

Season 2 Red Bull, 360 with controller.

OP's setup: 1:32.142
Reflectingod's setup: 1:32.057 1:31.185 in Q3

time wise, not much in it really, but i feel the latter setup is more comfortable as it responds better on turn in, and is more stable full throttle out of corners

Relfectin's setup one season on in a Ferrari: 1:30.940

Edit : 1:30.160 (Practice 3)

Hard is not the difficulty level its the level of assists the difficult levels are amateur, intermediate, professional, and legend... the lotus as in real life just isn't competitive enough to come anywhere near 1st place on higher levels IMO

Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert are linked with the four difficulty levels. So if you are playing on Hard, then the AI drivers will on Professional difficulty. On Expert, the AI are on Legend difficulty.

I'm not sure if those threads are even usefull to someone.. everyone playing on different level of difficulty. I think it's almost impossible to reach 1.29 with tyre wear and fuel ON. This stupid car that is the Red Bull one ( so one of the best in corners ) can't take any corners flat out. Silverstone is all about being flat out ( or so I guess it is ). I was able to make something near 1:32 but hey... AI is beating me quite badly on race... I came here looking for some advices but i'm really sure if there is even one setup that fits my difficulty. I guess you should detail your level of difficulty when posting setups ^^

No matter which set up I try I cannot even get out of Q1 with my Red Bull. Sector 1 is an absolute nightmare. The AI just flies round the very first bend yet I need to brake or I go flying into the crowd.

I hate racing here.

Lotus, 1st year, hardest difficulty settings (ABS off, traction off, damage on, fuel sim on, legend AI, etc.) but automatic gearbox.

I made the set-up by just thinking what I needed to get the car to my liking, changed everything at once, went out, liked it, and left it like that. So it can obviously be improved.

I am able to lap in the mid-to-high 1:33 on the soft tyres (qualy run) and 1:35-1:36 during the race. You are still over a second of the pace of the fastest cars, but p7-p10 in Qualy is a real possibility. You are the fastest through Maggotts, Becketts and Farm curve, but lose out through Stowe, Brooklands and Luffield.
I change the wing setting to (-) after vale and back to (+) on wellington straight.

I don't know if it is the set-up or the track, but the front tyres degradate quite quickly (they become yellow on lap 2 on 30% races (16 laps) but you can get 5-6 laps out of them and then finish the race on the hards without any problems).

It is also a great set-up in wet conditions. I got pole with it by going out on the full wets instead of intermediates like suggested. After this I finished the dry race in 3rd position, by holding the other cars up (they won't be able to pass if you can stay on the racing line through the corners!) and pitting in the right lap.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6
Braking
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: n/a
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9
Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 338 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -2.90

How to drive:
- Copse: lift of before corner, turn in, back on throttle
- Maggotts: flat out
- Becketts: flat out/lift off slightly, then brake a bit before the righthander so you can keep the inside line through that corner, back on throttle
- Chapel curve: (almost) flat out
- Stowe: brake before the corner so you get the inside line (necessary to hold the other cars behind you!), gently back on throttle
- Vale: brake, glide through, back on throttle (turn wing down)
- Farm curve: lift off very slightly but immediately back on the throttle. On softs it is possible to go flat out but you have to hit the turn-in point spot on.
- Village corner: brake, keep the inside line, glide through, gently back on throttle
- The loop: lift off (don't brake!), glide through, back on throttle
- Aintree corner: flat-out
- Brooklands corner: turn wing back up, brake, and get the inside line, gently back on throttle
- Luffield corner: lift off, glide through (brake a little bit if necessary), gently back on throttle
- Woodcote: flat-out

Note: "back on throttle" doesn't mean put your foot down at once, cause without traction you will spin!

Let me know what you think! :)

There are different levels of difficulty. For instance you can set AI from easy to legend. AI will post between 2 seconds difference from easy to legend; that alone with no matters of any other setting. So, if you have tire simulation on, on a Lotus, you will not catch up with Ferrari or Red Bull even with AI being at easy, you will be struggling to make between 18-24. Now, if you have tire simulation off, you can win any race.
The times posted here should note what are the settings for the race, those will be: tire and fuel simulation; ABS and Traction Control. AI won't matter, they do the around the same time always.
As I use a keyboard, I can't have Traction Control off because no matter how careful I am, I'll spin out sometime, and I become too slow even with AI on easy and tire simulation off. So my driving is with TC on, ABS off, tire and fuel on; that makes a bit more sense in a career mode where there's no way you can win with a Lotus.

Ive not been able to go flat out in the first sector at all!
Impossible with a controller pad. U have to ease off the acceleration.

Hv a feeling that sime of these turns hv more distance on the real circuit.
Take a look at the onboard lap on f1.com under videos...

Of course, any suggestions/advise is always welcome...

Lotus - 1:30.795

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6
Braking
Pressure: High
Brake Size: n/a
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 82 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 102 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 120 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 141 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 161 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 183 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 206 mph
Engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -2.90

Slightly modified from 274AU's setup. Gives good turn-in and steady on the way out. Top speed is a slight issue, so be prepared to defend if someone is on your tail!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back