F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
People please stop creating new threads all the time and post in the excisting ones that are already there.

Going to merge this one another time.

Edit: threads merged

Time: 1:26:444

This was the fastest time i could set with any other set up i tried finished in pole in the qualys and first in the race on intermediate setting with this setup so i just want to get some feedback on this setup see if its any good

Nonsense, this lap time simply impossible over first season in career mode.
Do you have any proof picture or video?

I qualified on pole with Legend AI in 1st season with Lotus with a 1:31.7 at Silverstone.

1:26.8 in first season? that would be in the top 100 in TIME TRIAL mode. Sounds a bit odd to me! Don't disbelieve you though, just think you should re-run it and take a pic :)

i know it would have been in the top 10 i tried to run it with the same setting and the same car in TT and i ran about 7 secs off the pace.
I cant re run it now cos ive gone past the race and i have accepted a new contract with force india but in my next season ill take a pic after my qualy with my new car and ill put it up here.
But i can understand why people wouldnt believe me i couldnt believe it myself when i lapped the time cos hamilton was all over pole position with a 1:26:9 something and i bet it i just kept messing around with my setup and after a few practice laps i lapped that time.

Bram's setup I couldn't as someone posted earlier control the beast. I was only able to manage a 14th with my Virgin. I then tried Dream's setup and manged 7th. I am no setup wizard myself so I rely on trying the hard work you guys put into making good ones. I went back and practiced with Bram's some more and now able to qual 5th. Both setups IMO are good, it just takes a different driving style and time to learn them.

Has anyone got a competitive dry setup for the Lotus in Career? I've tried the setups here and qualified 12th, but in the race I just can't seem to run competitvely enough with the rest of the field. I am running on Expert difficulty with Legend AI and no aids. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I'm using the Lotus in career mode, 1st year, expert/legendary and I don't understand how you guys run 1/1 downforce settings on Silverstone. With those settings, I have to CRAWL through Copse (turn 1) and brake for the 2nd part of Becketts. As a side note, not that I have driven Silverstone in real life, but it seems the developers completely screwed up the exit of Becketts. Watching onboard videos, the exit is much quicker than it is in the game.

I was able to qualify P2 because I went out early on intermediates in Q3, and the times got slower as the session progressed. Starting P2, I was leading the race on options and I pitted on lap 7 to avoid the pit lane bug. I came out in 20th, disposed of a few backmarkers, and ended up in 5th after everything was sorted out. For the rest of the race (I do 50% distance), nobody was anywhere near me, so I set the engine to cruise and as I crossed the line for the white flag, I got another puncture (I've had 5 race punctures already this season). Ended up nursing the car home to finish in 8th.

I've noticed Catalunya and Silverstone to be extremely difficult to keep up with the AI. I was on pole in Turkey and Canada, then won in Valencia. And suddenly, I'm 2 seconds off pace at Silverstone. I believe my quickest lap was a 33.7 late in the race on the primes. Very difficult to find a set up here and I'm probably losing a bunch of time in the new section.

Season 2 Red Bull, 360 with controller.

OP's setup: 1:32.142
Reflectingod's setup: 1:32.057 1:31.185 in Q3

time wise, not much in it really, but i feel the latter setup is more comfortable as it responds better on turn in, and is more stable full throttle out of corners

Hi Folks, messed around with couple of the setups posted here and this is my best - Sauber in Career Mode P7 in Q, not done race yet!

TRACK: Conditions: Laptimes:
SILVERSTONE DRY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 50 R 50
Pressure: MEDIUM
Brake Size: STANDARD

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50 R 50
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / mph

Engine
Throttle map: FAST
Fuel: FIXED AMOUNT

Alignment
Camber front: -1.00
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

Notes:
SAUBER IN CAREER MODE

Hi Folks, messed around with couple of the setups posted here and this is my best - Sauber in Career Mode P7 in Q, not done race yet!

SILVERSTONE DRY

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / mph

Engine
Throttle map: FAST
Fuel: FIXED AMOUNT

Alignment
Camber front: -1.00

Notes:
SAUBER IN CAREER MODE

Sorry, meant finished P2 in Qualifying

I am having trouble taking turn 1 wide open. The best I can get is 250kph with Force India.
With Mclaren or RBR in time trial I can keep it wide open, but in career with FI its impossible. Best I can get is 1.37.xxx

Any suggestions, or is this turn 1 speed on par with everyone else?

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed amount​
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Note
Tested with McLaren​

Well I know everyone says this isn't as good as some of the others when it comes to the Lotus, but I guess my driving style suits this setup more.
I used the Dreamweaver and Reflect set ups in career and couldn't get below 1:36.5 and they felt like I was driving on ice with little or no feel.
I changed to this setup and the car felt planted, would turn mid corner and allow me to get on the throttle quicker and within 5 laps i was down to 1:33.5.
I have done a track day at this circuit in this new format earlier this year (a week before the F1 in fact) and i tend to drive this game on motorcycle racing lines rather than car lines but it works for me and the new section in real life is faster than the AI is allowing the others to go.
I think with practice and a couple of tweaks it should do a 1:32.?

Well just keeping on the same setup I did a 1:33.093 in the race and it had more to come so a damn good base setting i'd say :)

• michele.nebel

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Mercedes Setup (wet)?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dreamweaver1984
here is my setup with the lotus,i got the poll with this setup, then the race was a wet race, and i cruised to victory by 23.53 over hamilton. i also was awarded the achievement clean sweep for getting the fastest times in each sector during qualifying.
let me know what you guys think after you try it.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 30% - R 70%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 9
Rear Ride Height: 9
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 2

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: standard
Fuel: Fixed amount

Alignment
Camber front: -.70
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.35

like driving a hot air balloon!

SILVERSTONE DRY

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance