Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mod cars don't have colored temperature, pressure and brake values?
A: I have no way of knowing the ideal values for non-Kunos cars. However, you can use the awesome Content Manager launcher by @x4fab, which can generate the necessary data for Sidekick automatically

How does this work? I use only the cars from Game/DLC and its standing "no break data"
tire working

Last edited:
@Topuz here's a UI Folder for Sidekick that has credentials for content manager, feel free to add it to your App and change tags. I've included what I seemed to fit so Users can see who did the App and which Version etc. I've also added you to Origin Icons so we can see your Icon next to the App once Fanapryde adds it to the List

Last edited:
Absolutely love this app. It's an essential in my opinion.

I was, however, curious if there was any way to bind a button to tab through the different data like tire wear, temps, etc... rather than having to click it with the mouse?

Absolutely love this app. It's an essential in my opinion.

I was, however, curious if there was any way to bind a button to tab through the different data like tire wear, temps, etc... rather than having to click it with the mouse?
If I understand your question correctly then yes - see the overview page for the mod:
Besides the always visible stuff (gear, speed and rpm light), the app is divided into five sections, contents of which can be switched either by mouse or by keyboard (Alt + A to switch between sections, Alt + S to toggle available data in the selected section).

Been using your excellent app for a while. Recently the ideal pressure reading does not show anymore. Wear, Temp, Pressure all come up as usual but ideal pressure difference does not. Is there something I can do to get that back? Is that something that I have done?

That was exactly it. Thanks for responding to my question.
OK good stuff. I seem to recall that you can add the information by hand, but can't remember how to do that. The info is probably somewhere in this thread though (you can use the forum search, restricted to just this thread or simply try googling it instead ;)).

No real need to search anything in this regard as .... the answer is in the first post of the original author of the overview part of this thread. ;)
Among the questions and answers, you will find this one:

Q: Mod cars don't have colored temperature, pressure and brake values?
A: I have no way of knowing the ideal values for non-Kunos cars. However, you can use the awesome Content Manager launcher by @x4fab, which can generate the necessary data for Sidekick automatically. You can also add this info yourself by making an *.ini file in compounds or brakes folder. An example (using Ferrari F2002) is provided. The *.ini file must have the same name as the car folder in content/cars and must follow the structure provided in the example.

Hey guys, unfortunately I am suddenly having a problem with sidekick..:
It just stopped showing the delta-time to my best time driven with a particular car on a particular track!
Does anyone have the same issue?
My laptimes are still visible in contant managers „lap times“ page, so the data of my best lap is still here, but I guess sidekick somehow does not access it anymore.
I also noticed that it still works for some (or all tracks?) tracks, while it does not work anymore for Nordschleife (Kunos, not a mod)
Very weird!

I am running
Conten manager version 0.8.2392.39063
Sidekick v 1.11.1

Last edited:
Hello, I need some help. I bought a small display to run Simhub, and I want to hotlap and try to beat my best lap. I can't load best laps time from Assetto Corsa directly because Assetto Corsa saves the offtrack/cutted laps, so I want to load Sidekick saved laps. Do you know where are they saved?
In Sidekick\personal_best\ folder there are some files called like "ks_pagani_huayra_bc_ks_red_bull_ringlayout_national_pb.ini", but they are encrypted: "€MõÒ."

So, I don't know what I can do.

Hey guys, unfortunately I am suddenly having a problem with sidekick..:
It just stopped showing the delta-time to my best time driven with a particular car on a particular track!
Does anyone have the same issue?
My laptimes are still visible in contant managers „lap times“ page, so the data of my best lap is still here, but I guess sidekick somehow does not access it anymore.
I also noticed that it still works for some (or all tracks?) tracks, while it does not work anymore for Nordschleife (Kunos, not a mod)
Very weird!

I am running
Conten manager version 0.8.2392.39063
Sidekick v 1.11.1
Not in a position to search the thread right now, but this happens now and then. There seems to be a minor buglet that occasionally corrupts the best lap data stored for a given combo, and sadly the only available remedy appears to be to reset that combo. Searching the thread should provide full info about how to do it (I haven't had to do it for ages).

Awesome app, love it! Is there a way to increase the scale of the main app display without increasing the scale of the car info and the settings menu?

Last edited:
Also, I'm having trouble understanding the tyre wear scale. I see it's adjustable but I don't quite understand the scale and differences between changing the scale settings.

I could not figure out how to toggle between tyre wear, tyre temperatures, and tyre pressures, which setting is that? Sorry for the questions and thanks again for such a valuable tool with such a clean design!

What does the settings for tyre scale ?
Just changing the way it was shown in the original Kunos app: that's rather a"Grip" meaning
This was ( still is surely ) 100 ( Full grip ) with 94 ( poor grip and mostly worn tyres )

The app is just more meant to show "wear" ( and of course as consequence "grip" ) the way it's mostly done ( as finally I cannot imagine something else than % ... from 100 to 0 )
Choose the setting 16 .... and you will get wear from 100 going to 0
NB: 100 - 94 = 6 ... scale 16 makes 6x16 = 96 ( I guess it's rather 16,66 than pure 16 ... for a 99,96 result
NB2: when a race begins ... the tyre wear displayed may be between 92 and 100 as the "Grip" meaning is kept present ( less grip when tyres are colder )

How to toggle in each section: that's a pity as you can only do it with a mouse click
Or if you wish it, you can make the display toggle automatically ( for chosen sections ) and modify the time in milliseconds for an automatical toggle. ( see the settings sheet clicking on the 3lines at the right of the app display ).

Nowadays I only use the app to have an idea of the right tyre pressures.
Simhub and separate dashboard gives me the other needed values.

Last edited:
Hello !
Installed the app yesterday and everything seemed to work fine but when I drive the live timing does not start. My lap time appears at the end of every lap.
All of the other data era shown properly (gear, speed, tyre temps, throttle, brake and so on)
I've tried both with RSS Hybrid 2023 and with Ferrari 499P
Any idea?

the shift lights dont follow the Ferrari SF70H F1 car.
edit: (spelling on purpose) oh i didnt riid dhe FAQ. lerning algorithm? so what's dhe fastest way to get dhe shift lights correct? odher dhan by only driving? Maybe: use dhe large flat map and just acselerate and brake, and go thru all dhe giirs iich time. (you probably hate how this spelling looks. but what if you got uesd tu it?)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea