Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
No sorry, It's still not working for me.
I belive I've just found the solution for me. Do not use the CAPITAL letters in the folder name of your "mod". It seems that Sidekick works only when there are not capital letters used.

For example:

Folder name: porsche_911_GTE
Sidekick Compounds File: porsche_911_GTE.ini
[porsche_911_GTE_slick_supersoft_ss]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=26
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=26
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=80
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=50

And this doesn't work but when I've delted ini file and changed the car folder name to:
porsche_911_gte, then CM auto-generated the file: porsche_911_gte.ini

[porsche_911_gte_slick_supersoft_ss]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=26
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=26
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=80
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=50

...and it works!

So avoid capital letters in car folders and especially in sidekick componouds .ini file names, and tags inside the file.

Hope it will solve your problem also!

Last edited:
Good news! With @x4fab's magic, Content Manager is now able to generate the ideal compound and brake values for any car where they're missing or requiring an update. You can set things up in Settings - Content Manager - Drive - Sidekick section. I'll still be doing regular updates for people who don't use Content Manager, but this really is one more reason to start using it.

I am wondering how I deal with this? Ive got to Settings>CM> Drive but theres no Sidekick section anywhere. Just trying to fix the white text and lines above tires for a tuned version of a mod I had. The initial mod already works fine with sidekick.

Edit: Fixed by deleting the car folder entirely and remaking it with AC Car Tuner but the "tune" name needs to be in lowercase letters as I saw in the comments above mine, now all is fixed.

Last edited:
Install it manually, that's the only solution.
For unknown reason, CM is unable to install this App correctly.

Manually installed, it will show in CM and in game for sure at the right of the screen after activation in the options as usual of course.

Install it manually, that's the only solution.
For unknown reason, CM is unable to install this App correctly.

Manually installed, it will show in CM and in game for sure at the right of the screen after activation in the options as usual of course.
So I downloaded it again and installed it manually(moved the zipfile to apps->python and extracted the files there)but there is still nothing. When I go to content->miscellaneous->apps->sidekick it hasn't found a window still.

Did you look in Settings/Apps ? or better in Settings/Assetto Corsa/Apps
If you don't find it there ( strangely but ???? ) use the original launcher and have a look in the General Options if you see the possibility of activating ( checking ) SideKick.

If it works, CM should finally show it also.

Else, you might miss something to make it work or maybe an antivirus might have deleted a file as false positive.

Did you look in Settings/Apps ? or better in Settings/Assetto Corsa/Apps
If you don't find it there ( strangely but ???? ) use the original launcher and have a look in the General Options if you see the possibility of activating ( checking ) SideKick.

If it works, CM should finally show it also.

Else, you might miss something to make it work or maybe an antivirus might have deleted a file as false positive.
I activated it from the original launcher, but when I go drive it doesn't show up in the sidebar.

Strange ! ... but as you use the CM sidebar ... you might have to open another group of apps.
In this sidebar at the top, you have 4 points for a square shape.
Click on it to show all apps .... SideKick should appear among other apps under in the group "Your Apps"

Strange ! ... but as you use the CM sidebar ... you might have to open another group of apps.
In this sidebar at the top, you have 4 points for a square shape.
Click on it to show all apps .... SideKick should appear among other apps under in the group "Your Apps"
Nope, it doesn't appear in "Your Apps", "AC apps" or "Developer Apps"

I guess you did a mistake when you installed it.
The app is made of 2 different parts .... one needs to go in apps/Python
BUT ... another one needs to go in content/fonts and in content/gui/Icons

If you did like you say: moved the zipfile to apps->python and extracted the files there
You created a wrong install.
Due to the fact that the apps needs an install in 2 different main folders, you have to extract the zip file in the ..... root folder of Assetto Corsa. ;)

No icons nor fonts installed at the right place, it's normal that you cannot see anything

Last edited:
love the app, i feel i cant drive properly without this.
but since i update csp to 0.7.19 when i wanna see a replay it crash the game.
there's no problem in practice or race.

Then the problem is ...CSP version and not Sidekick.
Please ask in another more appropriate topic, you'll have more chance to have the solution and surely an option to change something somewhere in CSP.

Last edited:
Then the problem is ...CSP version and not Sidekick.
Please ask in another more appropriate topic, you'll have more chance to have the solution and surely an option to change something somewhere in CSP.
yes, understood, i just want to report it.
because somehow i need disable sidekick temporary to make replay playback run.
if its a wrong place then im sorry.

Last edited:
Just to make sure it's well CSP the problem, did you try to see your replay using the original AC launcher ?
yes, work fine with original AC launcher.

did few thing and i think i find the solution
deactivate 'error handling for python apps' at general patch settings resolve my issue. (activated by default)
like you said it was from csp, but what strange is crash only happen when sidekick is activated, thats why i report it here.

sorry for the trouble, thanks for a good work.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea