ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing

Apps ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing 3.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I mainly drive AC and RF2 (Raceroom was not to my taste and Automobilista has no VR support so I don't play that one). In both I find that the Wheel slide with a bit of tweaking still gives me 90% of the output I need to find out what the tires are doing. The lockup slider is enhancing that a bit more but IMO not essential.

I just got a Motion platform V3 which combined with Shakeit is unbelievably good with VR.

Thanks for that, tweaking is what I'll try then.:thumbsup:

Strange you mention VR as I also have that and one of the things I noticed when using racing sims with VR was something was missing regarding FFB, the wheel felt fine as usual but VR always made me think vibration was needed elsewhere on the rig for more realism. Hopefully the pedal vibration will help and I could always add a couple of motors to the seat if need be!;)

Thanks for that, tweaking is what I'll try then.:thumbsup:

Strange you mention VR as I also have that and one of the things I noticed when using racing sims with VR was something was missing regarding FFB, the wheel felt fine as usual but VR always made me think vibration was needed elsewhere on the rig for more realism. Hopefully the pedal vibration will help and I could always add a couple of motors to the seat if need be!;)

I just acquired a Next Level motion V3, the Shakeit vibration in combination really fills out the RPM and general frame vibration, particularly the motor I have screwed in under the wheel gives road feedback without it cluttering the ffb signal.

Next upgrades will be an OSW and Heusinkvelds :D ....potentially followed by a divorce lol.

Great app!
I have one question:
how do you mount the motors to the t500rs pedals?
I see in your original youtube video you have t500 pedals, but it's hard to see how the motors are mounted.
thanks!

The good old zip tie method.
I thought I saw zipties in your video but can't believe it's that simple-_-
surprised that ziptie can hold the vibrations in the long run...

do you use any housing or simply zip tie the motor to the pedal?

do you have close up pictures?

btw, thanks for the super quick response!

Hellos again.

Hehehe, left you alone for a bit.

But..... Now....

I have some nasty questions!
1) im using V1 motor driver(all I could get at the time and was affordable), ill be stacking 2 to get 4X vibes for suspension vibe, heres my question, is there a way I can get "speed" setting out as a pwm off an arduino uno pin?(eg pin 9= car speed) I need to run my car speed/wind in hair fan from 12v, vibes off 6v max,, so I need to output the pwm so I can put it thru the 12v Lm23.. Motor driver.
Please advise??

2) will ask after ive sorted fan speed issue

Also pls can I vote that sim hub and shake it, stay separate, the more I learn and edit, the more I appreciate them being sererate.

Many many thanks.

Hellos again.

Hehehe, left you alone for a bit.

But..... Now....

I have some nasty questions!
1) im using V1 motor driver(all I could get at the time and was affordable), ill be stacking 2 to get 4X vibes for suspension vibe, heres my question, is there a way I can get "speed" setting out as a pwm off an arduino uno pin?(eg pin 9= car speed) I need to run my car speed/wind in hair fan from 12v, vibes off 6v max,, so I need to output the pwm so I can put it thru the 12v Lm23.. Motor driver.
Please advise??

2) will ask after ive sorted fan speed issue

Also pls can I vote that sim hub and shake it, stay separate, the more I learn and edit, the more I appreciate them being sererate.

Many many thanks.

Hi ! You can pick the values directly from the arduino sketch they comes as values array from 0 to 255.

For my curiosity, why do you think it's a bad idea to merge both projects ? basically 80% of the Shakeit code comes from SimHub readers, and it would avoid a cpu overhead, easier udp sharing for codemasters, and take profit of some additional options such as game autoselect, and clean per game settings architecture.

Hi ! You can pick the values directly from the arduino sketch they comes as values array from 0 to 255.

For my curiosity, why do you think it's a bad idea to merge both projects ? basically 80% of the Shakeit code comes from SimHub readers, and it would avoid a cpu overhead, easier udp sharing for codemasters, and take profit of some additional options such as game autoselect, and clean per game settings architecture.

+1 for merging them, one arduino does both work, which is great.

Hi Hi

What coding am I looking for in the sketch to re route the data?

Well for one, placement and cabeling
Now I have one nano on my dash, driving leds and lcd, going to be adding more functions,,, was also asked to design a F1 style wheel, with nano built in, anyway, cables are minimal,

Have a mega(until nano and driver arrive) at my pedals driving vibes,
Again wires minimal.
All off one will be crazy, and yes you can add 2 usbs in simhub but.

Programming, im not well versed in programming and dont get alot of time to learn, so I get "lost" in code and terms alot, so seperate is more helpful to me, esp when things dont work!!

Odd I know, I was one of the first to vote merge,

My 2cents

Hhmm

I have an issue....

Found the specsheet to the motor shield, I have ver1. I find now ver1 cant be stacked, :(

My intention was to run x4 motors on the frame to simulate the tires running over the curbs, 1 on brake and one on accelerate pedal, and one huge 12v fan for wind speed..

Now I find I cant stack v1 shield.

What do you suggest?
Get another uno, and run one for frame vibe, and 1 for pedal vibe, and add wind fan(pwm) on pedal vibe uno...

Or

Sell both v1 motor Shields and buy 2x ver 2??
(in my country, I wnt get the value back,, ie financial loss)

And I still sit with the complication of getting the pwm out to run the 12v fan L293 driver..

Any ideas???

Sorry to be a pain.
Karl

No body with ideas for me??
Going to be a financial loss if I buy 2x ver2 motor drivers, one costs asmuch as 1X uno and 2x ver1 drivers

Could you eventually stick to 3 motors, run everything to 12v only put half power to motors (using sliders) ? which will reduce the voltage for the motors and allow running fan.

Nethertheless since v1 is not stackable i've no other "smart" ways to optimize the cost.

That is a fantastic mod. A big thank you to Wotever.

I've managed to make the vib motors work in Assetto Corsa and Automobilista. However, I did not succeed to make ShakeIt work in Codemasters F1 2016. I've modified hardware_settings_config.xml, but the motors do not run during gameplay. They do work in test mode, though.

Any hints?

That is a fantastic mod. A big thank you to Wotever.

I've managed to make the vib motors work in Assetto Corsa and Automobilista. However, I did not succeed to make ShakeIt work in Codemasters F1 2016. I've modified hardware_settings_config.xml, but the motors do not run during gameplay. They do work in test mode, though.

Any hints?
Same Problem for me... the motors run in test mode, but not in gameplay (Assetto Corsa and others).
I7 4790K [4GHZ] - Z97M GAMING LGA 1150 - GeForce GTX 980 [x2] - 32GB RAM [2400MHz] - W10 PRO 64bit - SSD 500GB 840EVO

Solved. Feedback output not as strong in F1 2016 as in Assetto Corsa, so I had to adjust the force curve profiles of the detected parameters. Now motors running fine. I just need to fine tune. Gamma curve seems to be the best. Thanks.

Could you eventually stick to 3 motors, run everything to 12v only put half power to motors (using sliders) ? which will reduce the voltage for the motors and allow running fan.

Nethertheless since v1 is not stackable i've no other "smart" ways to optimize the cost.
Yesssss!!
Good thinking!!
That is actually do-able!
Thank you, I shall look into it!!

Is the suspension movement in shake it?? Ill be downloading the latest version this weekend and reloading shake it, keen to get it working for Dirt Rally

Karl

Yesssss!!
Good thinking!!
That is actually do-able!
Thank you, I shall look into it!!

Is the suspension movement in shake it?? Ill be downloading the latest version this weekend and reloading shake it, keen to get it working for Dirt Rally

Karl
Hellos again.

Silly question,
I was talking to a friend, he said the mega that 13 pwm pins,
With a but of custom wiring(easy for me)
Can you help me add 4 more motors the the ver1 motor sketch.
I just need to know what motor ia on what pin.
Eg: motor1a is on 1st driver(a) using pins 1,2+3 and motor 5b is on driver2(b) using pins 7,8,9
Then I can make up a loom connecting it all.

I dont mind scareficing my mega to this project, it will be well worth it.
Why I ask is I dont see how to setup 2x unos(com port wise) to share the workload.

Sorry to bug you..... Again

Hellos again.

Silly question,
I was talking to a friend, he said the mega that 13 pwm pins,
With a but of custom wiring(easy for me)
Can you help me add 4 more motors the the ver1 motor sketch.
I just need to know what motor ia on what pin.
Eg: motor1a is on 1st driver(a) using pins 1,2+3 and motor 5b is on driver2(b) using pins 7,8,9
Then I can make up a loom connecting it all.

I dont mind scareficing my mega to this project, it will be well worth it.
Why I ask is I dont see how to setup 2x unos(com port wise) to share the workload.

Sorry to bug you..... Again

The v1 sketch reads up to 12 motors but only drive 4 of them ;) you can pick the additional values and do anything you need with it ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back