ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing

Apps ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing 3.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content

Hi Wotever,

I am having difficulties in setting up my Arduino to control a vibrating motor with SimHub's "ShakeIt" feature. The motor is vibrating continuously and I cannot turn it off with the "ShakeIt" slider buttons. All of the sliders, including the test slider, are set a zero and the motor still operates with no response from the sliders. I am using a genuine Arduino Uno Rev 3 and a genuine Arduino Motor Shield Rev 3. (Note: the Arduino Motor Shield does not have a jumper that the clones have. I believe the clones' jumper has something to do with DC power provided directly to the Motor Shield rather than via the Uno board. I have provided power to the Uno board. Is this wrong? Should I provide power directly to the Motor Shield? There are terminals marked Vin and GND on the Motor Shield. I am concerned by burning the board if I provide 12V DC to these terminals.)

I followed the tutorial instructions in opening the Arduino Setup Tool to load the Sketch program to the Uno board. SimHub indicated that the upload was successful; and SimHub also indicated that the com port is operational and has detected SimHub. However, the box for Detected Hardware does not specify that the Uno/Motor Shield is detected. There is no mention of Uno/Motor Shield at all.

Lastly, I've loaded the Sketch. But is that the same as the IDE? Is there an IDE program I need to load? Too confusing for this newbie.

Hi Wotever,

I am having difficulties in setting up my Arduino to control a vibrating motor with SimHub's "ShakeIt" feature. The motor is vibrating continuously and I cannot turn it off with the "ShakeIt" slider buttons. All of the sliders, including the test slider, are set a zero and the motor still operates with no response from the sliders. I am using a genuine Arduino Uno Rev 3 and a genuine Arduino Motor Shield Rev 3. (Note: the Arduino Motor Shield does not have a jumper that the clones have. I believe the clones' jumper has something to do with DC power provided directly to the Motor Shield rather than via the Uno board. I have provided power to the Uno board. Is this wrong? Should I provide power directly to the Motor Shield? There are terminals marked Vin and GND on the Motor Shield. I am concerned by burning the board if I provide 12V DC to these terminals.)

I followed the tutorial instructions in opening the Arduino Setup Tool to load the Sketch program to the Uno board. SimHub indicated that the upload was successful; and SimHub also indicated that the com port is operational and has detected SimHub. However, the box for Detected Hardware does not specify that the Uno/Motor Shield is detected. There is no mention of Uno/Motor Shield at all.

Lastly, I've loaded the Sketch. But is that the same as the IDE? Is there an IDE program I need to load? Too confusing for this newbie.
Hi ! I'm affraid the Arduino motor shield v3 is not the right board. The DK motor shield was a cheap copy of the adafruit motor shield
Except that you made everything right, you can see how many motors are configured in the log tab, all the hardware details will be dumped in it.

i get this error message:
ERROR - System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 'The invocation of the constructor on type 'ShakeIt.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '6' and line position '73'. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'WoteverCommon.Input.SlimDxHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

installing slimdx software for x64 and x84 fixed the problem.
But now i have problems with driveres or whatnot. I launch shakeit and dirt rally. Via output preview i see all the curves etc, but the motors don't vibrate ;((( when i set them to test motor- everything works, but they do not work live game ;(

installing slimdx software for x64 and x84 fixed the problem.
But now i have problems with driveres or whatnot. I launch shakeit and dirt rally. Via output preview i see all the curves etc, but the motors don't vibrate ;((( when i set them to test motor- everything works, but they do not work live game ;(
Hi ! the standalone version of shake it is not maintained anymore, all the features have been included in simhub.

Been giving this "Shakeit" via SIMHUB a go recently, impressed with the UI and level of controls. Even the engine/speed effects with a quick mess around are feeling good.

I like how a Hz or start/stop Hz range can be set but curious if the option would ever be possible on an effects level to use a pre-made .wav file for an effect? None of the other options offer the ability to use .wav or tone generation, they usually work with one or the other.

Hey though seriously, well done on the work with this....
Will donate something in the near future towards future development.

Been giving this "Shakeit" via SIMHUB a go recently, impressed with the UI and level of controls. Even the engine/speed effects with a quick mess around are feeling good.

I like how a Hz or start/stop Hz range can be set but curious if the option would ever be possible on an effects level to use a pre-made .wav file for an effect? None of the other options offer the ability to use .wav or tone generation, they usually work with one or the other.

Hey though seriously, well done on the work with this....
Will donate something in the near future towards future development.

Hi ! Thanks for the feedback ! It could be possible indeed, however I feel that the "frequency range" is a real advantage over wavs. In the wavs case I've seen some pitch changing DSP effects for fmod but as I have read it's very CPU consuming, so this combination would not be viable (wavs + dynamic pitch).
So it makes wavs a bit less dynamic and harder to manage in my opinion since it requires to be specially crafted for each kind of shakers (none of them have the same "optimal" frequency or working range). But I will consider adding it :D Possibilities and settings are the master word of Simhub overall :D, nobody is the same, no rigs are the same and everyone's 'feedback sweet spot' is different.

Hi ! Thanks for the feedback ! It could be possible indeed, however I feel that the "frequency range" is a real advantage over wavs. In the wavs case I've seen some pitch changing DSP effects for fmod but as I have read it's very CPU consuming, so this combination would not be viable (wavs + dynamic pitch).
So it makes wavs a bit less dynamic and harder to manage in my opinion since it requires to be specially crafted for each kind of shakers (none of them have the same "optimal" frequency or working range). But I will consider adding it :D Possibilities and settings are the master word of Simhub overall :D, nobody is the same, no rigs are the same and everyone's 'feedback sweet spot' is different.

Thanks for response.

I am impressed.
Will spend more time with the software, I did manage in only a short period of time find pretty good settings for some of the effects. The options you provide give a lot of scope to alter and find a nice sensation for the tactile unit being used.

What I would say from my own experiences thus far, with the .wav creation the difference is we can generate a signature for the effect to be more, well specific. Kinda like molding the effect for a sensation we want. The .wav can be comprised of many layers combined within its creation to have individual frequencies amplitude vary to others. I have done a lot of testing and file creation experimenting also with altering the amplitude or shifting the frequencies +/- for the .wav used. This gets around the different tactile units issue and the performance characteristics each has.

With SSW this was my solution using Audacity to generate and alter files accordingly.
Some effects would need greater varations in the fundamental frequency used espically if a very low value (5Hz) for the biggest unit was used as this may need to be more like 20Hz for the more common tactile.

Of course what it really comes down to is how good it feels for the effects purpose and operation and indeed different people have not only different installations but preferences too.

Testing
With my setup I can easily run Shakeit but also have SSW operating. Then via a multichannel mixer feel either or both operating. This way I can easily do comparisons of my own .wav effect creations with SSW to what I can achieve from Shakeit.

Certainly needs more and much deeper investigating but clearly some things Shakeit is doing are better (Engine & Speed). SSW does produce however very good lateral and longitudinal G-forces. These on the biggest tactile units can be very enjoyable in the experience felt.

Would be keen to chat in PM to learn more about this software or help regards future testing if you seek user feedback. I do not know what level of testing or breadth of units you get much feedback from or already own and test with.

I dont know how much you see or follow my own ramblings in tactile.
However, the models of tactile units I own and could test with over the coming weeks/months are:

Dayton Puc
BK Gamer
BK LFE
BK CONCERT
Clark Synthesis TST 209 Parts Express Special
Clark Synthesis TST 329 Gold
Clark Synthesis TST 429 Platinium

As a hobbyist still Seeking to buy:
ADX Maximus
Reckhorn BS 200i

Last edited:
buenas tardes, necesito ayuda, tengo una placa arduino con el motor shield y los motores pero no consigo que funcionen ni probando en el programa shakeit, probando a traves de simhub tampoco soy capaz. saludos. me sale el error al compilar despues de cambiar el maxMotorRumbleOutput a 106;al compilar me sale el error de que adafruit_motorshield.h no such file or directory. muchas gracias de antemano,

Hi, what do I need to do to work on iRacing?

I already tested with ShakeIt and it´s working perfectly, but I don´t know how to use it in iRacing.

Thanks.
buenas tardes, necesito ayuda, tengo una placa arduino con el motor shield y los motores pero no consigo que funcionen ni probando en el programa shakeit, probando a traves de simhub tampoco soy capaz. saludos. me sale el error al compilar despues de cambiar el maxMotorRumbleOutput a 106;al compilar me sale el error de que adafruit_motorshield.h no such file or directory. muchas gracias de antemano,

Hi ! This software is not supported or maintained anymore and probably lot of games are not working anymore.

@knutin Make sure to take a look on the Simhub's wiki, you will find all instructions
:
- https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino--Setup
- https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-Shake-It

First of all I want to congratulate you on the magnificent APP.
The only problem I have is that I have no way to work with Raceroom, in Asseto Corsa works perfectly but in Raceroom I do not get it.
Thanks in advance.
regards

I am very late to the party, I cannot get a supported motor driver here but could get a adafruit tb6612

it has IN1, IN2, and PWM for both motor A and B, the shake it firmware uses Pins 3,5,6,9,10 and 11, may I ask which of these pins are PWM and which are IN1 and/or 2, the other one is on the motors there are GND and 2 Motor outs, do I use GND and an out or both outs.

Would be a great help if anyone better could read it better than I can, thanks again

I guys, i'have a Clone of arduino and a clone of mor shield, it's possible to do this program with mi hardwRe? Infurtnely i've not experience for recompile miself a program. Can you help me please? I attach a fotos of mi hardware:
Tank you very mutch for reply, best regard Simone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-232017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-232017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20210730-232031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-232031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 56

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals