Seeking Advice for First Build of a Sim Racing Rig

How much is "slightl"?

If we´re talking 1 or 2mm you could loosen the bolts that hold the transverse frame part under seat profiles, position the pedal deck and retighten.
Before, that could easily lead to scratches :O_o:

Another possibility could be to mount the pedals directly to the Simlab pedal deck, that also saves a few mm.

"Interesting" would be to find a way to mount the heelrest as HSV only includes TSlot nuts for the pedals (M5)
It is about 2mm, in part, I think, because of the bolt heads protruding. If I omit the collars and just use washers, I think that will prevent scratches to the inside of the 160mm rails. I’ll give that a try tomorrow.

My next task is to add a steering extension. There are some options from SimCore (expensive) and SimLab (long fulfillment timeline) but I came across this possible solution:

$25 option on eBay

Seems like it should do the trick, no?

I´d advise against it as it may put unnecessary strain on the wheelbase bearings.
It´s seldom with Simucube, but has happened.

So, if you can do without by adjusting the wheelmount...

I´d advise against it as it may put unnecessary strain on the wheelbase bearings.
It´s seldom with Simucube, but has happened.

So, if you can do without by adjusting the wheelmount...
Yes, I’ve seen the risk of damage if you use the steering wheel to support your weight while getting in and out of the seat. Apart from that, is there any concern with normal use?

I don´t know numbers, they are very small, though not zero.
As everything in life, we´ve go to make decisions and take risks.

My personal decision is to not use extenders, others do and don´t have problems.

Yes, I’ve seen the risk of damage if you use the steering wheel to support your weight while getting in and out of the seat. Apart from that, is there any concern with normal use?
Yes, depending on one's "normal" driving style:
Some pull down on one side of a wheel rim more than they pull up on the other,
(or vice versa) with net force being resisted by motor bearings.

I was going to use a 100mm extension in place of the 30mm spacer, for a net increase of 70mm. That would be more than twice the moment arm, which is the issue (more torque that the motor bearings might have to withstand). Doing this would place the steering wheel in a position that closely matches my car IRL, while preserving the ability to get in and out of the rig easily. The alternative is to move the entire wheelbase closer to the seat, which is certainly possible with the P1X Pro, but that make ingress/egress harder.

Since there are already three votes against using extensions, I'd like to hear your thoughts about how convenient is to get in and out of your rigs. Also, what are the consequences of bearing damage? Can repairs be made if this happens? Or is the wheelbase ruined forever?

three votes against using extensions
Instead of extending the shaft, consider extending the wheel base:
AccuForceSide.jpg

cubeOver.jpg

For more conventional extruded sim racing chassis,
there is ASR PRO Adjustable Wheel Deck,
as implemented here by RCHeliguy

Last edited:
Like in my real car have the steering wheel over the front corner of my seat which is fixed without sliders.

To enter I grab the top of the belt tower/seat , step in with my right foot, turn to the monitors and lower myself into the seat. Pull in the left foot, done. Way easier then irl where I have to curl under a low car roof :p.

Simucube says the bearings are repairable but you have to send the wheel base to them.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.