dOmPR0Gh.jpg

1u5B1sBh.jpg

DOaUgO6h.jpg

And some tasty stats to whet your appetite.

gD71bjXh.png

I seem to recall the L/D and downforce numbers in the UI (...and the power figures) being absolute nonsense in GTR2....
I dont do physics , but compared 2 power graphs and torque against the real thing and was shocked how accurate they was , wasnt 100% but almost

Whats that downforce figure supposed to be anyway? Is there a unit attached to it, and if so at what speeds might you achieve it? :roflmao:
that looks like that weird "aero points" unit I came across while doing the 996. Jürgen Alzen wrote me that "front aero was noted at 300 points, rear at 500 points" (or thereabout, I don't have the email at hand). He could not tell me any real force or weight number, so we settle on just using the ratio and compareable downforce values of other 996 race variants.

You best bet is probably chucking it into a CFD tool. For this car its important to get it right.

that looks like that weird "aero points" unit I came across while doing the 996. Jürgen Alzen wrote me that "front aero was noted at 300 points, rear at 500 points" (or thereabout, I don't have the email at hand). He could not tell me any real force or weight number, so we settle on just using the ratio and compareable downforce values of other 996 race variants.

You best bet is probably chucking it into a CFD tool. For this car its important to get it right.
Well 'points' is quite commonly used in motorsport for aero, and I think different people have different definitions of what 1 point is.

I think (I may well be wrong) that 1 point is usually equated to 0.01CL, so is just a really easy way to quantify how much an aero upgrade or element is 'worth', for example "This new wing is worth 10 points, but we are still 50 points behind our main rival".

But if that number is in aero points, that would be a CL of 42... which is obviously not the case. Maybe their 'points' are worth 0.001CL, in which case it might donate 4.2CL which is certainly achievable in some cars, but still quite optimistic to say the least for this.

".....
Downforce=0.5*(air density)*(speed)^2*(reference area)*Cl

Usually you don't work with Cl, but with [reference area*Cl], namely SCl.
SCl has the dimension of surface, i.e. m^2 in SI; typical values are between 2 and 5.

1 point corresponds to SCl=0.01m^2:
if your car improves from SCl=4 to SCl=4.30 it has gained 30 points of downforce.

Working with points is easier because you work with numbers like 5, 7, 30 instead of 0.05, 0.07, 0.30.

If in the formula for downforce you substitute air density=1.22 kg/m^3 and take into account dividing by 3.6^2 (conversion for speed from m/s to kph) and by 9.81 (conversion from N to kg) you get

Downforce=0.0048*(speed in kph)^2*SCl

and finally with 1 point corresponding to SCl=0.01m^2

1 point [kg] = 0.000048*(speed [kph])^2..."

I don't know if this is true or not, but it seems plausible

Source:http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8250

LOL maybe not, as I'm finishing my house (it's been under construction for the past 6 months now) and it's taking more of my time than I'd like to :O_o: doing some work myself, dealing with workers, etc...

But I'll try :D
its not race;p nice start !

Don't race Dan. I tried that with the Mustang, him on the model vs. me on the physics. I kept up, but it was basically by working full-time and on the weekends. :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back