a couple of days break after me, but time to get to work :)
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg

Sorry if this was already discussed but whats the pricing and release structure for this. You guys going one by one releases or waiting for everything to be done and releasing the full pack?

Is this gonna be the 550GTS or the 575GTC? As far as I can see they overlap in terms of active years around 2003-2004!? Are they related or is the 575GTC completely different?

The 550 and 575 were different, on the road car side of things the 575 was the 550's "replacement", Ferrari changed a few things and increased the displacement hence the name change. You can tell them apart by the fact the 575 is more angular than the 550, especially visible around the front head light.

The thing with the 550 GTS and 575 GTC in terms of racing (besides the fact the 550 was built by Prodrive and the 575 by Ferrari) was it came out at just the right time, especially in FIA GT. By the time the 550 arrived there the Viper were well past their prime and survived only by reliability, the Strom was reaching it's end, the Lambo was made of glass and the Saleen was the only really viable competition when they were reliable.

If you look back you'll find the Ferrari was the best of the litter even in 2002 in FIA GT, though the Labre Viper won the championship thanks to winning the 24 hours of Spa. From then on the 550 was the car no one could beat. It was a mature car being actively developed for endurance racing (Le Mans) by people who knew what they were doing and had the experience making reliable race cars built like tanks.

Compare that to the 575, which was built by people who clearly didn't have the same experience or make the same effort in making a V12 GT car competitive at the time and came out a few years earlier - by the time it was mature the DBR9 (Prodrive's project after the 550s) was out, the C6R was coming, and the Saleen was still around. Oh, and the MC12 cheater-mobile with all the drama around the rear wing.

Yes, I threw shade at Ferrari's GT racing program. I still think if it weren't for the Prodrive 550's success they wouldn't have built a 575 race car. I also don't think Ferrari was that active in developing the 575 beyond just making it while Prodrive made more effort in order to keep up with the Corvettes at Le Mans.

So they are two different cars, one was successful, the other comparatively wasn't - but there may be reasons. What a difference a year or two can make.

This is why GTR2 is so great, those two years of 2003-2004 perfectly capture the rise and fall of the old guard in the Vipers and Storms versus the new blood with the 550s, Saleens and the Lambos.

Last edited:
I just saw this, and I can't believe it. If the Viper GTS-R will really come (was that the real car list earlier on? :D), this is a dream coming true. I'd kill for this car, and I'd always hoped that one day I will be able to drive it in Assetto, especially in VR. If this will be as good as all your other mods - I'm hyped!

Looking good so far but you have a lot of inconsistency in the mesh, look at the door it has very few divisions, then the fender has a few more, and the lower skirt has a lot compared to the rest. That'll have an impact on reflections, you'll want to aim for a more consistent mesh to keep all the reflections looking good through all the body. Otherwise like it is, you'll get some stretching on the door panel, but more defined reflections around the door handle, and even more on the skirt.

I just saw this, and I can't believe it. If the Viper GTS-R will really come (was that the real car list earlier on? :D), this is a dream coming true. I'd kill for this car, and I'd always hoped that one day I will be able to drive it in Assetto, especially in VR. If this will be as good as all your other mods - I'm hyped!

Snake and Bat, yeah, will start on it soon :D

Looking good so far but you have a lot of inconsistency in the mesh, look at the door it has very few divisions, then the fender has a few more, and the lower skirt has a lot compared to the rest. That'll have an impact on reflections, you'll want to aim for a more consistent mesh to keep all the reflections looking good through all the body. Otherwise like it is, you'll get some stretching on the door panel, but more defined reflections around the door handle, and even more on the skirt.

If you mean those extra edges at the bottom of the door, that will be sorted soon when I detach the door again, its just temporary. And yeah, the skirt is a lot denser than the rest, still to remove some edges there. I'll have a look at the rest :thumbsup:

Anyway, quick side by side, to show I haven't just thrown on a few wings - there was plenty work involved :p

TsII9NWh.jpg

z3OP6tAh.jpg

XLqRA1oh.jpg

wHzC9QNh.jpg

I go away for the weekend and come home to a freshly released RSS4 and an RSS GT1 championship announcement.

Apparently I should go away more often.

:confused:

So happy.

Those button on the steering wheel of the Lister could use a some more bevelling imo. And the cage could need a MAP texture to stop reflecting the sky. But still WIP so I'm sure you're on it :) (and you guys are working incredibly fast on this project)

Is the road 550 (or 575?) going to be manual? I really hope so, because in AC you can turn any car to floppy pedals, but not the other way around. I hear a lot in reviews, that Ferrari's from late 90's and early 2000's that have manuals are so much better driving experience than the ones opted with F1 boxs. Besides, that gated shifter looks million times better than the silly little "thrust levers" that autos have.
1997-2002-Ferrari-550-Maranello-gear-shifter.jpg

I guess it will also have Fiorano handling package by default?

Last edited:
Is the road 550 (or 575?) going to be manual? I really hope so, because in AC you can turn any car to floppy pedals, but not the other way around. I hear a lot in reviews, that Ferrari's from late 90's and early 2000's that have manuals are so much better experience than the ones with F1 box. Besides, that gated shifter looks million times better than the silly little "thrust levers" that autos have.
1997-2002-Ferrari-550-Maranello-gear-shifter.jpg

I guess it will also have Fiorano handling package by default?
Answered here to keep this on topic :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...orking-on-thread.126119/page-155#post-2574083

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%