looks great, but similar effect could be achieved with textures too, but it won't look as good though
Mine is 90% texture now , turned out after all the baking my texture work was that nice I was looking and thought why bother with the extra triangles ,
the black fonts at the bottom well part fonts are still 3d , the digital rpm graph is 3d and the arched black line under it and the small fonts they look better in 3d there tiny ,
but the rest I removed textures look great so why bother , I would still use the same process though making stuff in 3d makes for a better finish specially if your baking the full display :)

I'm getting all my overkill motivation solely from this thread. :D I really like the off-characters in the background though.

@chargingcar make sure you set a large font size when setting up a new font, and also save in the highest resolution (4096) but do not overwrite an already saved png when saving from the tool, delete it first and then save again. If you need a lower resolution font for smaller characters, resize in PS rather than the tool and save as a second version to save memory.

I'm getting all my overkill motivation solely from this thread. :D I really like the off-characters in the background though.

@chargingcar make sure you set a large font size when setting up a new font, and also save in the highest resolution (4096) but do not overwrite an already saved png when saving from the tool, delete it first and then save again. If you need a lower resolution font for smaller characters, resize in PS rather than the tool and save as a second version to save memory.
Thanks man I will try it now , I was saving over the previous and my 1st one was something like 1024 or something , Ill check now :D

There is a bug with the overwrite, it'll come out all blurry and messed up, so delete and resave in 4096 to get a sharp image.
Hi Gergo ,
Not really seeing much difference , maybe 1-2 px using 72pixels scale at 4096 saved it 3 times , also with my other font not seeing much improvement , I believe its just because of the size mainly the gear thats the issues ,
4a7ed562b6a429627a8a3f9726498208.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably because even the 64 pixels are too low for such a big character. Alternatively you can create single textures for each gear character in any resolution you want (with alpha channel to define opacity), put them in the car's texture folder, name them gear_n, gear_r, gear_1 etc. and use the following script to call them:

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=parent dummy name
POSITION=0.058,-0.0305,0.000
TYPE=GEAR_TX
WIDTH=0.12
HEIGHT=0.06
TEXTURE_BASE=gear_n.dds
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.4
TRIGGER=1
ITEM_REF=0

ITEM_REF=0 means that it's taking the actual value from the [ITEM_0], this is important because this script also needs a simple GEAR entry to work, make sure you specify the original gear item# here.
TRIGGER: 0=Reverse, 1=Neutral, 2=1st etc.

Last edited:
It's probably because even the 64 pixels are too low for such a big character. Alternatively you can create single textures for each gear character in any resolution you want (with alpha channel to define opacity), put them in the car's texture folder, name them gear_n, gear_r, gear_1 etc. and use the following script to call them:

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=parent dummy name
TYPE=GEAR_TX
WIDTH=0.12
HEIGHT=0.06
TEXTURE_BASE=gear_n.dds
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.4
TRIGGER=1
ITEM_REF=0

ITEM_REF=0 means that it's taking the actual value from the [ITEM_0], this is important because this script also needs a simple GEAR entry to work, make sure you specify the original gear item# here.
Thats awesome thanks man I will try it now :)

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=parent dummy name
TYPE=GEAR_TX
WIDTH=0.12
HEIGHT=0.06
TEXTURE_BASE=gear_n.dds
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.4
TRIGGER=1
ITEM_REF=0

I tried yesterday adding position for the car using the display panel lol then found the settings on the forums so used that instead but have the fonts ready :D
well most .
788fe76a9c962fd857675948ced808f3.png

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=parent dummy name
TYPE=GEAR_TX
WIDTH=0.12
HEIGHT=0.06
TEXTURE_BASE=gear_n.dds
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.4
TRIGGER=1
ITEM_REF=0

Wow thats cool how it gathers the information from the main gear data in which mine was ITEM_0 also must be something we all add 1st and get excited is the gears lol ,
I used the MC12 textures to test it ill make some now really cool feature its like an extension of the 1st one which was still showing so moved it backwards slightly to hide it lol :D

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=parent dummy name
TYPE=GEAR_TX
WIDTH=0.12
HEIGHT=0.06
TEXTURE_BASE=gear_n.dds
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.4
TRIGGER=1
ITEM_REF=0

Yeah amazing now thanks man looks just like it did in 3D :D:D:D cut your finger on these fonts :D
3D is at the bottom the LPS / GC / PC , I cant see no difference to these new textures at all :geek:
ad7a70772dd67a9a300f5bb8646ced1d.jpg

you guys are doing great job, I guess time for me to finish Porsche :)
great tip about separate fonts for the gears, .. not sure if it was porsche but for one of the cars I wished the N (neutral) had different color the the other gears and this would make it possible

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%