TVR and GT1 always makes me think about this crazy thing:
TVR.jpg
but isn't that the street car? The race trim GT1 looks a little different
speed12-22.jpg

and this is just lol:
tvr-cerbera-speed-12-engine-gallery_orig.jpg

7.7 litre V12...

It just looks butal in every way, like it is going to snap your neck and chew on your pinky finger if you don't pay attention
These cars are insane fast man I once went in a TVR Tuscan that was crazy fast , there so light and the engines are massive :D

Well I started the display base , I highly doubt I can achieve what I am attempting ,
in the past I made things work from nothing and made some pretty nice displays ,
this time its a different situation but like this driver mod it was impossible but dont want to be spending the entire weekend trying to figure it out but its in my mind now so no turning back ill give it everything to try and make it work , most likely get shut down in the next few hrs but here goes :D all 3d .
366d625e9dc584a2f41281ed0be5a572.png

I really dont know (shame) but which cars are in the final car pack?
Lister Storm, Dodge Viper and the Ferrari 550/575 are confirmed.

Saleen S7? Lamborghini Murcialago? Aston DBR9?

but isn't that the street car? The race trim GT1 looks a little different
speed12-22.jpg

There was two generations of the Speed 12, sort of. The white one you've showed here is the 7/12, I believe, which was the original. The second one was by far the more attractive one.

And by 'more attractive' I mean 'less ugly.' They're hideous cars. But somehow still cool as hell. Just like the Lister. And the Marcos LM600 GT1 car, while we're on the topic of ugly British race cars :p

So anyways its time consuming to say the least ,
I have Fuel top right , this is now positioned perfect , mind the mess I made it white the new mesh so I can see where to lay the ingame stuff ,
We have gear dead center , speed to the left and rpm to the right in which all line up perfectly to my 3D meshes in which I have options now to make it fancy , make it glow ect so the fonts pop , but anyways ,
now im running into issues , these other fonts have too much stuff on them so ill look what I can use what will fit , I have a second display also so can use that for last lap , perf if needed :)
but happy so far with the progress .
b28f13537602a354d7434c13fba1cfde.gif

I'd guess any big textures are dtx5 no matter what. And dtx1 if you don't have alpha. Small tiled textures the size difference is meaningless. But still using something like 128x128 instead of 512 saves some space. For any tiled normal maps you'd probably want to use uncompressed because otherwise you get artefacts. Plus there is a tradeoff between using bigger texture or using uncompressed. If your textures are not orignally very high quality then imho going above dtx5 is not worth it. I have no idea how these guys manage to bake shadows into all that stuff and still manage to have relatively small file sizes. I'd guess they do killer job smoothing the ao maps so they look great even at small sizes?

I'd guess any big textures are dtx5 no matter what. And dtx1 if you don't have alpha. Small tiled textures the size difference is meaningless. But still using something like 128x128 instead of 512 saves some space. For any tiled normal maps you'd probably want to use uncompressed because otherwise you get artefacts. Plus there is a tradeoff between using bigger texture or using uncompressed. If your textures are not orignally very high quality then imho going above dtx5 is not worth it. I have no idea how these guys manage to bake shadows into all that stuff and still manage to have relatively small file sizes. I'd guess they do killer job smoothing the ao maps so they look great even at small sizes?
Recommended in the sdk pipeline outlined in red letters do not use DXT1 for some reason not sure why so stay away from it :D

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%