I got the base sorted out I have 3 PSD with settings and need to adjust the brightness and tones on my base layers , add animation for the lights on and off with the main lights , and obviously some slight wear and tear on my glass when I add it to the scene tomorrow ,
but got the foundations done and the key fonts done , 2 layers of ingame fonts and 2 layers on 3d fonts , so a fully 3d backlit display , ill do the rpms bar tomorrow :)
8749692696f81c694ffd543d0429d865.jpg

I got the base sorted out I have 3 PSD with settings and need to adjust the brightness and tones on my base layers , add animation for the lights on and off with the main lights , and obviously some slight wear and tear on my glass when I add it to the scene tomorrow ,
but got the foundations done and the key fonts done , 2 layers of ingame fonts and 2 layers on 3d fonts , so a fully 3d backlit display , ill do the rpms bar tomorrow :)
8749692696f81c694ffd543d0429d865.jpg

3D fonts? they don't work though do they ??

they look sharper then the 2d font,
there is a 'placeholder' key I believe, that let's you put any text you want, so I have used that ? just to keep it bit more consistent

are the "unused" grey LCD elements baked into the texture or do you use the PLACE_HOLDER function slightly offset to the back for that? Prone to Z-fighting but spot-on positioning is easier that way.

It's all into the background texture, here's a sample:

View attachment 218959
There is a font creator in the sdk tools I used that to make mine , but its a scaling issue even with brand new fonts my gear still not perfect , but looking at AC official fonts they can create different layouts than the tools they provided with higher res but sadly that function I can not see available within the sdk .

3D fonts? they don't work though do they ??

they look sharper then the 2d font,
there is a 'placeholder' key I believe, that let's you put any text you want, so I have used that ? just to keep it bit more consistent
Its a backlit display so when there is no lights turned on looking at my reference and pdf manuals the display default with the green / grey background does not actually show any fonts , its really dim but the digits are there with the same visibility , so my idea is to actually animate the fonts so when you turn the lights on the car the display will light up and the extra layers will show , but I made my display using a diagram I am quite funny this way , dowmloading a texture and placing the fonts there yes looks cool , looks nice ,
but it will never be 0.1mm accurate so I choose to do it my way in which yes takes longer but so what its my preference and to be honest feels nice when I look at the display knowing that every single digit is where is should be the fuel I had to adjust because of the spacing distance between the single and double digits ,
but all this was setup to do something else all will be revealed shortly :D

Heres my base texture baked with ambient :)
151ababcade94a2a99db9aaad54f0d3e.png

Same texture with 15 layers of settings and effects so now I have a 3d baked on and off .
925d4e84900d28ccf1d06bab03e1e591.jpg

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages