LOL like if I've had the time to spare on that... I can try, but lots to do before that :notworthy:
105426be9d2f34cd48dc4a2a53b3203d.png

I am just not convinced even more steps will throw off and curve it .
16daddd11b7449c348cbe788743ea08e.gif

this is the simplest mesh you can make and this does not work .
f7751f23f2d0f2f182c9c799d58224b7.gif

EDIT / Just found a way to actually make it work :D

Last edited:
Gran Turismo Sport has pretty awesome working cable, reacting to G forces even

I managed to create cable animation I wanted for my shifter, but I never got to export it and work in game, so I decided to not worry about it, skinned meshes have to be somehow in 0,0,0, but yeah I never got that to work
Oh yeah , I could make it work like that video ,
I was thinking the cable would wrap around the boss for the wheel ect , never seen one working correct so was unsure of how it would work , looks delayed there as you say with the G forces ,
not sure if we can make it that cool but I can make it work just like that ,
thats why I ended up just releasing that driver mod , was trying to get a new helmet to fit thats what I wanted but its tricky to work out , but I can export things now with my custom setup :)

well it definitely can work, it's just quite a bit more tricky then the rest of the stuff
I had issue with scale in my beginning, and I adjusted my workflow around it to make it work
but sadly this worfklow doens't work for skinned meshes :-/

can't wait to see what you guys come up with, cars are looking fantastic !!!

well it definitely can work, it's just quite a bit more tricky then the rest of the stuff
I had issue with scale in my beginning, and I adjusted my workflow around it to make it work
but sadly this worfklow doens't work for skinned meshes :-/

can't wait to see what you guys come up with, cars are looking fantastic !!!
I can make it work exactly like that in the video , but these games are pretty limited on the rotation ,
I will have to ask David what the steering values are before we do anything with it ,
but knowing David will be over 5-6-700 degrees or something so might not be possible dont know yet :)

I was going to whinge about the rear edge of the diffuser. In this photo it looks curved but in real life it is indeed flat like in your model. Really shows how good reference photos are important but also shows sometimes things are not quite how they might look at first glance!
They ran a few different rear diffusers over the course of the car's lifetime. The one Garry's modeling is indeed flat, but the one pictured definitely seems to be curved (circa 2003):

alms-road-atlanta-ii-2003-80-prodrive-ferrari-550-maranello-david-brabham-jan-magnussen-an.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.