Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

@David Turnbull
No matter where the problem lies, you should actually already do single-car with single-track vmods. Later this is the easiest way anyway.
Then you don't have to do your vmod again as soon as one of the other tracks gets updated or something.
It's also easier to install :)

I get the option too, but it ignores my selection :D
The problem still exists in some way. If I select a any of the FR35 cars and click on "Tuning", because I want to apply my personal skin, it goes back to car number #32 on which I cant apply the skin, because it is only available for car 2.
So there is something forcing you back to this number #32 car, that can be a problem with pit boxes. We had that before in some series if lets say 4 people take "the same car" they could end up crashing in the garage, so it is something, that needs to be fixed.

Hopefully that info can help to find the problem.

hi guys,

time for a change on the server, i think a few of us have tested melbourne and it seems fairly decent so time to move on get something else tried out.

i'll put either istanbul, bahrain or montreal on the server, will be a new rfmod for it up soon :thumbsup:

Istanbul - March 12th
Melbourne- March 26th
Sepang - April 16th
Bahrain - May 21th
Silverstone - June 4th
Montreal - June 18th

19:00 Free Practise
20:00 Qualifying
20:20 Warmup
20:30 Formation Lap, Race (Duration: 65 minutes)

all times based on UK time.

How does that sound to everyone?, bearing in mind that we want to keep everything close to presto race07 to avoid any hassle, ive added some extra time qualifying and warmup though as we can always build upto a shorter qualifying when everyones used to the game and format.

It might have been a one time thing cause I did my first online race on rfactor 2 RD club race on Friday and someone sent me one. Really enjoyed the race tho I felt more consistent than in race07. Not sure about the joining problems I didn't have any.

That will be a busy week. Sunday 2 hour endurance test race, Later 2 45min leauge races and The first event of this series on Thursday :D

So far 0km of testing and probably no time for that until the weekend, that will be a challange.

@David Turnbull You should probably do a sticky thread with the dates and everything, so it is a bit easier for new guys to find the Information.

@Andrew Ford What happened? Couldn't find your name in the sign up thread ;)

the races will be on wednesdays :thumbsup:

regards the stickies we aint too fussed about that, this is only a test for us, were not really recruiting for rf2 at the moment so if folk find us and realise this is a test and no points will be awarded then its upto them if they sign up but right now no point in us advertising. :)

regards andrew i think i may have put him off when i said presto members would get priority, that will always be the case but looks like theres plenty of room so if he wants he can sign up, but just to be clear, if suddenly theres an influx of presto members want to do the test they will still get priority no matter how many have signed up. :thumbsup:

Even so, I think we'll be able to accommodate more drivers in rF2 than we're limited to in Race 07. So, I'd wager we'd never have to squeeze any drivers out due to a lack of space. Though I'd be surprised if we attracted many drivers with this, with it being a test, as you said David.

The setup sending problem took us a minute to even realize there's a problem. A driver who I'd been testing with had been talking about how he enjoys a more 'pointy' car, but the setup I received understeered far more than even my own. Upon further investigation, the setup came through to me as the default setup.

I haven't investigated any more though. It may have been a one time thing, a problem on the server config, a problem with the car... But it did remind me of another setup problem I had about 9 months ago, where setups weren't transferred properly during driver swaps. The final drive changed to the longest, but all was fine when we rebuilt our gear ratios around that specific final drive. That may have been fixed by now, as I haven't tested that since either.

isnt that because whoever was sending the setup didnt have it as currant (selected)? that happened to me 2 weeks ago, i sent sean a setup, he mustve thought i was taking the piss sending him the default :laugh: anyhoo we noticed and i selected the setup then sending worked fine :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back