Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

How can I activate the DRS in the Marussia?
In the controller bindings, bind the button "Rear flap" to something on your wheel.
I would take a button that you are comfortable with pushing without fail and without much effort´(and without your hands having to leave your normal driving position).

On track you can open your rear-wing at all places on the track, but obviously it only makes sense on a straight or a very light fast turn. Also in race-session it depends if the track has specified DRS-Zones or not.
It automaticaly deactivates if you push the brake, but sometimes I deactivate it manually when there's a fast turn where I don't use the brakes. I'm not sure if it deactivates when not going full-throttle.

Last edited:
In the controller bindings, bind the button "Rear flap" to something on your wheel.
I would take a button that you are comfortable with pushing without fail and without much effort´(and without your hands having to leave your normal driving position).

On track you can open your rear-wing at all places on the track, but obviously it only makes sense on a straight or a very light fast turn. Also in race-session it depends if the track has specified DRS-Zones or not.
It automaticaly deactivates if you push the brake, but sometimes I deactivate it manually when there's a fast turn where I don't use the brakes. I'm not sure if it deactivates when not going full-throttle.
Thanks Dino :)
I will use the left of the two buttons on my wheel. Then the natural thing will be to release it before shifting down with my left paddle.

ive put a test server up to see if this works and to give us somewhere to have a go with what we'll be using, ive tried to make the server with all 4 cars and all the tracks we'll be using, so it will be a test for cars and tracks :) ive no clue if this works or if ive even done the rfmod right but we'll find out lol

you can download the rfmod from my drive under misc/rfactor2 stuff :)

password is usual prestogp servers password

any problems please post them

(hope this works)

Last edited:
@David Turnbull
Just remembered something; if you want to test for a future full Presto GP season with roughly the same race-format as now, you have to consider that the F2 car can only be fueled up for about ~50 minutes of racing with no option to refuel.
The FR 3.5 can do ~ 70 minutes and the F1 cars atleast a full GP distance obviously.

All of them can not be refuled, like in their respective rl-series.

thats good to know dino, right away that probably rules out formula 2 as a serious contender, when the test season starts id like it to be as close as possible to what we are all used to i.e race length and whatever else.

whenever you remember these things keep posting them up, your help has and will be invaluable to us.

The next thing is: I tested your server. I can join, but I always join with one specific FR 3.5 car, no matter what car I actually pick (reagrdless of car or skin).
I don't know if that's a problem form my end or from the server.

The next thing is: I tested your server. I can join, but I always join with one specific FR 3.5 car, no matter what car I actually pick (reagrdless of car or skin).
I don't know if that's a problem form my end or from the server.

i dont know why that is, when i join myself i get the option to choose from f2, 3.5, fisi or marussia.

its a bit mad though i stuck on some ai last night when id chose the r3.5s, i was lapping away when suddenly a merc and caterham came flying past :roflmao: obviously ai fisi's, then i caught up with the f2s lol was great fun :)

That is slightly disappointing, but not the end of the world :) I liked the extra spice it added to a f1 race. I think only reason they abandoned it in real f1 was cost and safety.

I personally like it more with no refueling, because you have to drive your car with more weight-variations during a race instead of beeing able to do the quicker way of starting stints with light-fuel multiple times :)

@David Turnbull
No matter where the problem lies, you should actually already do single-car with single-track vmods. Later this is the easiest way anyway.
Then you don't have to do your vmod again as soon as one of the other tracks gets updated or something.
It's also easier to install :)

i dont know why that is, when i join myself i get the option to choose from f2, 3.5, fisi or marussia.
I get the option too, but it ignores my selection :D

its actually not to bad if you think about it, pitstops will be alot faster, still have to change tyres and we have the options to speed up tyre wear like race07, it could end up being a good thing :)
I would not recommend speeding up tyre wear without a good test. The problem is, that especially for guys newer to rF2 it is easy to lock up in open wheelers. If you just lock up the unloaded tyre a tiny bit it is no problem, but even a bit bigger lock up in a bumpy braking zone gets punished a lot on normal tyre wear. I looked at a lot of rF2 data from diffrent cars and you are very likely to loose around 5% of your tyre life in a single short lock up, if the tyre is not completely unloaded and below 30% the tyres are pretty much gone on most cars.
You can imagine what will happen in case you go for 2 times tyre wear. For me personally it is no problem, but I guess it can drive away drivers who are new to rF2. They will be thrown in the deep end of tyre management immediately.

P.S. Where can I find the "usual" Presto GP password?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%