Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

i dont at the moment bob, havent done enough practise and always forgot to save them when i did go on, im gonna make a start for next weeks first rf2 race though, will try get a server up and running with istanbul, will post details when i do :thumbsup:

... will try get a server up and running with istanbul, will post details when i do :thumbsup:

Ack... I meant Istanbul had Melbourne on the brain because it;s the next F3K

Downloading rF2 demo now to see if they've improved frame rates enough to run on my system @ 5760x1080 It was close to undrivable when it first came out, but I've heard they've made framerate improvements. If not I might try swapping my NVidea GTX760 in from my other system. It's a faster card than the ATI6970 in my driving system, but I'm hesitant to use an nVidea card with Race07 because of all the problems I used to have with the "nVidea Freeze" had way too many races ruined.

the gtx760 would be ideal for rfactor 2 bob, rf2 runs much better with nvidia hardware but i use the 6970 and can tell you it does the job well at 5760x1080, in the last 2 builds ive been getting 70-100 fps nearly at all times, thats with mostly medium settings, ill make another screenshot of my most currant settings.

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/boab25/media/newsettings3_zpsdbe68efc.jpg.html][/URL]

the major gains for me where driver related, im now using amd 12.11 beta 11 plus cap 2 drivers for the 6970, the fps and smoothness of rf2 improved big time to the point i gave up on buying an nvidia because i saw no need, these drivers also work very well with race07 and any other games ive tried.

amd 12.11 beta 11 + cap 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2dvc06d01045d6k/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_beta11_ _CAP_2.rar

A little something to help you guys out with choosing wing settings. Hope it helps :)

WingSettingGuide.PNG

@ David Turnbull
Do we have our istanbul test-race tommorow? If yes I am there, allthough with just minimal practice, but should be enough to make it a worthwhile time :)

And if yes, could you please specify the settings like race-length and such somewhere, even if it's exactly the same as Presto GP has :)

Istanbul - March 12th
Melbourne- March 26th
Sepang - April 16th
Bahrain - May 21th
Silverstone - June 4th
Montreal - June 18th

19:00 Free Practise
20:00 Qualifying
20:20 Warmup
20:30 Formation Lap, Race (Duration: 65 minutes)

all times based on UK time.

How does that sound to everyone?, bearing in mind that we want to keep everything close to presto race07 to avoid any hassle, ive added some extra time qualifying and warmup though as we can always build upto a shorter qualifying when everyones used to the game and format.

do keep up dino :roflmao:

yep tomorrow night, ive done minimal practise myself so wouldnt worry about it, seems a fairly easy track to drive, not the best looking or feeling by any means but at least it will be out the way after tomorrow ;)

forgot to mention, the rubber thats loaded with the server is ai rubber of around 100 laps, it naturally progresses from there but the ai lines are all over the place at some parts, especially through the turn 8-9, youll find the line after a few spins most likely, all will be fine tomorrow if theres a few of us running laps in practise.

Istanbul -

March 12th
19:00 Free Practise
20:00 Qualifying
20:20 Warmup
20:30 Formation Lap, Race (Duration: 65 minutes)
all times based on UK time.

I might be able to join tomorrow morning and just double checking if we still running this race setup and the same starting time as race07?

how do we pre-set the race strategy as we normally do with race07 ? I did a short stint a day ago and when I went to pit after requesting it no one was there to refuel/ change the tires !
cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back