Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

Ye will be there be good if more can join, maybe if numbers still low we should make if shorter x2 races or something for now we know it works quite well already full distances etc.

ill be around tonight but to be totally honest after doing the vwsr race on sunday with only 7 people id rather not do this is any less than that, even 7 was too little and i doubt we will even get 7 to participate in this, might be better postponing, cancelling whatever but the intrest is just not here and ive got a few things i could be getting on with, will see what happens tonight though ;)

Ye was thinking the same just would be good to know so don't need to rush home from work.

hence why its getting a bit annoying, id rather just people said their not intrested in this than keep us hanging on, its obvious we cant go forward with 4-5 people turning up, its just not usefull as a test when we are out of contact with each other within a lap or two, 65 min race becomes a chore.

i wonder if its just sim racing in general thats run its course with a lot of people, vwsr is suffering, we are suffering here, the only thing not suffering is race07 with us because we are so dedicated but even so the forums a graveyard most of the time.

like sean needs to know for work reasons i need to know if its worth carrying on with this as theres no point me wasting anymore time on it if not.

**** I totally forgot about tonight sorry guys.
I am still really interested and to be totally honest with you all I'd prefer if presto moved to rfactor 2 as I am starting to personally get bored of race 07 as it doesn't feel like the car moves about as much and doesn't feel as alive as rfactor and doesn't feel as immersive as rfactor either. I still think it's a great game but it just doesn't feel the same as some of the latest sims have.
I am also worried about the grid size too as there didn't seem that many in the races I have attended.
All my thoughts are my own and may not be shared by others but I thought I might as well say it.

100% Agreed Richard on wanting to migrate 100% to rFactor 2. The new tire simulation really brings it to life for me so much more, especially the way the tires evolve through their usable life more than just grip reductions.

The 2014 FR3.5's just been released too. It's supposed to have some tire simulation improvements over the 2010, as well as having some of the new parts that've been adopted since like DRS and a Zytek V8 that produces 510hp. Not an option for tonight of course, but I'm certainly curious to try it, and will be when we finish at Bahrain tonight. :) (If we do :p)

Technically it can cost me around £100 missing out on overtime a PrestoGP race :giggle:, I don't mind if there a good number racing and can get some racing with others making it worth my time.
How about we opt to go for some test races (like some people said) in the coming off season instead ? when its possible to arrange so more people can race. Also just maybe a few different tracks etc. I also find trying to have enough free time to do Presto this and vswr quite difficult.
I think even the small amount I've played with rf2 I believe it would be great option for PrestoGP I find it quite amazing to drive quite easy to be consistent and feels so close to real and we would only make it even more fun, but obviously it would come down to how we could get everyone to use 1 sim and not lose anyone being the ideal scenario but also probably impossible for at least next season.

I think most logical will be 1 more season on race07 and trying to see if everyone has rf2 and can run it, maybe a simple thread along lines of pc spec and if have rf2 etc.

So will we just miss tonight's race as it looks like 4 or 5 anyway ?. I can do with a break, hard day and just in house going to have some dinner.

I think rf2 works well no real issue's did have some small collision problems early days, seems fine so far now, haven't tried the new fr3.5 2014 what Dino mentioned but seen some post saying it is better than the 2010 version we used currently.
The Indy car is also getting good reports will have to see for myself, also not a fan of ovals but as a car they are quite good so far looks like just a second or so slower than the fisi.
FSR now using rf2 aswell so probably points to it being more ready than anything else.

I think the fr3.5 level of car is good choice for if and when we do more test's, I would love to play rf2 more than I do already I think it will change the order slightly and people who can manage tires better will be a lot faster than they are in race07. I tend to struggle with the tires atm and would love to practise loads to get on top of this lol.

Also for anyone that didn't know the new demo is Silverstone and the Btcc Honda.

The FR35 '14's quite nice to drive definitely, and feels like an improvement to me. Slightly less treacherous in terms of mechanical grip, and we no longer have that rear suspension selection. It also has DRS, though not sure how exactly it works on this car :p

The DW12's fun to drive, but truth be told, I actually find it rather easy to keep on the track. It barely feels like a race car being this easy to tame. But I haven't put enough time into it to see whether that changes as it's tuned to go faster.

I race rF2 a lot outside PrestoGP though, and I 100% stand by it as being ready for serious racing at this stage. There does seem to have been limited interest in these rF2 tests, but I'm sure that'd be different if we only had the one 'main' league. It can be tricky finding the tracks we want, but we should have no problem getting 10 race seasons together :)

Sounds good April cant wait to have a blast with the 14s, Also worth saying there's been a bit of a jump in performance to since at the start of rf2 being really demanding through drivers etc.

i think its clear that everyone who has gave a rf2 a fair crack will agree that its the next best thing, when and if we move to it is still another story though so lets just give up with this at the moment and pick it back up in the off season. :thumbsup:

Yes rF2 definitely requires a lot of practice before being competitive, but once you are confident with the car and a good setup, it's wonderful. It is so much realistic in comparison with Race07, and it has great features. Some of them, for those who don't know well this simulation :
- tire change requires only about 8 seconds, but it's preferable to have pit speed limitation since cars are no longer ghosts like in Race07
- some cars like the FR3.5 can't be refueled properly, so like in F1 we fill the tank with the fuel for the race and stop only for tires
- tire model is fantastic, you have to test it to be convinced. There's a enormous difference of tire degradation when you slide or block the tires and when you don't.
- formation lap, really cool, you can consume a lot of fuel, a lot of tire and you can have them very cold at the start if you don't do it properly.
- optional but very interesting feature that we should activate is parc ferme : almost no difference between qualify and race setup
- the track is marking with tire rubber progressively, and a green track is lot slower than a strongly marked track
- weather management seems also very promising : apart from the rain which I still haven't properly tested, you can have wind, or clouds sometimes masking the sun like we had in Sepang (really cool!)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back