[Released] kristiannn's AI Mod v1.0

I just made a race @ Monza and it was epic. I was fighting from the start to the end. I played as Kobayashi (BMW Sauber) and I started 12th as I didn't play any qualifications. I made the weekend "Race Only".

At the start I lost I think 2 places. One to Perez and one to Algersuari. With Perez I had a fight almost to the end. I changed my strategy because I would finish behind him if I hadn't. I was firstly on Prime-Prime-Option strategy but then I changed it on Prime-Prime-Option-Option. The first stint was almost full. I decided at the end of it that with the Primes I can't beat him and pitted a few laps earlier. Then I was on Primes again so I could give everything because I was with these tires for only 10 laps. They usually last 15-20. I pushed at the start of the stint then I saw that I have only 1 more lap fuel so I started saving a little fuel (less push). The last lap on the stint (lap 27) I did on Lean. Anyways, in these laps I had a fight only with Perez. He was just behind me on the first corner on my pit lap (after changing tires) and he overtook me because I was still with cold tires and didn't have much grip. I overtook him at the next lap but he stuck behind me and even overtook me a few times during these laps. He was in unbelievable shape. We were fighting and keeping the gap with Sutil (in front of us) frozen. He was 13 second in front of us at the beginning and still 13 seconds in front of us when I for my first Option tires. When I changed to Options on lap 27 I started making some decent lap times. I was faster than my opponents and I made a few places. I exited the pits 11th and went back for the second Options 8th. My aim was to finish in front of Sutil but I actually finished behind him. Anyways, I was 5 seconds in front of Sutil when I had to pit 1 more time. I pitted and was behind him by 13 seconds (AGAIN). I started shortening the gap but then I saw I'm -1 lap with the fuel. I had to change to Mix 1 again which saw me not only not shortening the gap to Sutil but Schumacher closing down to me. He was 4 seconds behind me and they became 2 after a few laps. With 2 seconds from Schumacher I turned to Mix 2 so I can finish the race in front of him. I wanted to pull out a few seconds and go to Mix 1 again but I couldn't. He was still closing the gap. When the gap became 1,3 seconds I didn't notice that he was gone. I saw he's gone after my engineer told me he had broken his front wing. He maybe tried to overtake me or I don't know. We were in some traffic too, he may have broken it with some of them. Anyways, he fell back the order to 14th which made his weekend even worse. He started 9th. Lost a few places on the start. He was behind me and Perez. He overtook Perez and started going on me. He overtook me and a few laps later I passed him and he was in the sand. He started making up places again. Got to me and even if he had closed to 1 second at the DRS zone, he could have got me easily there. The Mercedes is a lot faster than me and he it wouldn't be a problem. He made a fantastic race but finished way down thanks to his lack of luck. Petrov was amazing too finishing 3rd behind Button and Alonso. He made only one pit stop and it paid off. Vettel finished 4th after (probably) broking his front wing and making one more pit stop. He was leading but... Lack of luck for him too.. Unlike in real life where he is the luckiest man on the planet. Hamilton started 1st but lost positions over the race and finished 6th. Typical for him. Sutl was 7th, me behind him and Perez behind me and Di Resta closing the top 10. Maldonado with a strong race finishing 11th and Barrichelo 15th. Toro Rosso finishing 12th and 13th - Algersuari/Buemi. Schumacher who I talked about a little upper and the backmarkers are from 16th to 21st. Heidfeld/Massa/Webber are DNF. Heidfeld was in front of me at some point and I just saw him parking the car near the track.. at some point.. :D

I tried to write it as a review so it can be interesting to read. Hopefully you'll like reading it and you'll like the result. There was NO out of sight bug at Monza. It was 100% perfect. I may have forgotten something from the race so if it gets to my mind - I'll write it. Oh by the way the best lap times are:

Fastest Lap of the race: Alonso: 1.20.760 (no DRS as he was 2nd already and he's not that close to Button)
Fastest Lap from Tier 2 teams: 1.21.368 (Rosberg)
Fastest Lap from Tier 3 teams: 1.22.045 (Algersuari)
Fastest Lap from Tier 4 teams: 1.22.026 (Barrichelo)
Fastest Lap from Tier 5 teams: 1.24.194 (D'Ambrosio)
My Fastest Lap: 1.22.126 (Tier 3 team)

Everyone below 10th (including him) is 1 lap down on the leader. The backmarkers are 2 laps down on the leader excluding Glock who is 4 laps for some reason.

Yes this is great news, keep up this great work guys your champions doing this, to think out of the whole world only a couple of guys are doing this, I hope CM see this.

Kristiann, i downloaded patch 1.2 of codemasters.. Just a quick note..
I have this game on ps3 and PC, both 1.2 patched..
Now after many many hours i have to to a quick conclusion about the AI speed with your Latest AI mod and without.
PS3 : I started a race at budapest on Grand prix race only mode, weather Clear and on legend AI at 50% race distance fuel sim on and tyre sim on. I pick one of the virgins.. After doing 1 lap i park the car clear of the road onto the sand far away from the AI cars (no yellow flag).. I then monitor the AI lap times..
I did this simultaneously with the PC game (quick note, your AI mod not implemented), with everything exactly the same, i parked the car at the same place too.. I was even lucky to have Hamilton leading the race on both systems..
On both systems the leading AI driver was lapping at 1,21.500 , or there abouts sometimes 1,21.600 or .800.. on OPTIONS
After about 8 laps on both systems the lap times drop to 1,20.xxx on PRIMES
I was monitoring positions 2 and 3 and they too where roughly same, maybe 2 tenths slower per lap.. Nothing to worry about

I restarted and this this over and over, all times were consistently similar for both systems and different race sessions at budapest..

Now i updated the AI with your MOD and now the leading AI lap consitantly at 1.22,500 to about 1,22,800..
So was Positions 2 and 3, nothing too different to worry about
When run at the same time with PS3 version (standard CM AI) they still lap in the 1,21.xxx
There is a constant 1 sec difference now in the AI..

I just thought i let you know, i only bought this game on PC for your AI Mods, i understand this isnt the last version as you are working on newer one, but i thought i would just let you know about my findings.. Your work to improve the game should be appreciated by everyone..

Ohh, how can i use the 50 flashbacks? i can only use 4..

Kristiann, i downloaded patch 1.2 of codemasters.. Just a quick note..
I have this game on ps3 and PC, both 1.2 patched..
Now after many many hours i have to to a quick conclusion about the AI speed with your Latest AI mod and without.
PS3 : I started a race at budapest on Grand prix race only mode, weather Clear and on legend AI at 50% race distance fuel sim on and tyre sim on. I pick one of the virgins.. After doing 1 lap i park the car clear of the road onto the sand far away from the AI cars (no yellow flag).. I then monitor the AI lap times..
I did this simultaneously with the PC game (quick note, your AI mod not implemented), with everything exactly the same, i parked the car at the same place too.. I was even lucky to have Hamilton leading the race on both systems..
On both systems the leading AI driver was lapping at 1,21.500 , or there abouts sometimes 1,21.600 or .800.. on OPTIONS
After about 8 laps on both systems the lap times drop to 1,20.xxx on PRIMES
I was monitoring positions 2 and 3 and they too where roughly same, maybe 2 tenths slower per lap.. Nothing to worry about

I restarted and this this over and over, all times were consistently similar for both systems and different race sessions at budapest..

Now i updated the AI with your MOD and now the leading AI lap consitantly at 1.22,500 to about 1,22,800..
So was Positions 2 and 3, nothing too different to worry about
When run at the same time with PS3 version (standard CM AI) they still lap in the 1,21.xxx
There is a constant 1 sec difference now in the AI..

I just thought i let you know, i only bought this game on PC for your AI Mods, i understand this isnt the last version as you are working on newer one, but i thought i would just let you know about my findings.. Your work to improve the game should be appreciated by everyone..

Ohh, how can i use the 50 flashbacks? i can only use 4..

With V1.0 the AI is slower because the out of sight bug doesn't work. Usually when the cars are out of sight - they do a lot quicker lap times than they are in sight. At V1.0 the AI is NOT faster than before. I haven't touched such things. Only AI Behavior has been changed. More overtakes, more consistency and etc. Now with V2.0 the AI will be faster. You will be able to have awesome races with it but only if you use the DEFAULT setup. The problem here is that the AI use the default setup and they can't be pushed so far so they can battle with you even with your own setups. I can't change the setup that the AI uses and it's just like this now.. DEFAULT setup = awesome races. But if you are not that good, you'll still have to use your own setup to catchup with the AI's speed. Anyways, before a few months when I was still playing the game a lot I was doing 100% races starting from the back, driving behind the last ones for a few laps and then winning the race. It felt good when I did it for first time but now it's not that special. You can do it easily, there aren't such good fights, you always overtake, you're not overtaken and it's just not that fun. Last night when I finished the race I was so happy for that race. I had awesome battles and had to push a lot, while when starting from the back I sometimes almost felt asleep on the wheel. I have to note that I don't have the original game. My game is cracked so I don't do any online races. I don't know if the mod will work when 2 of you have it and wanna play online. As for the 50 flashbacks, change your difficulty to Expert for example and change your settings as you wish but do not touch the flashbacks. You'll even notice that if you go to the flashbacks the left and right arrows that usually show you if you can move left or/and right both are darker (they show you that you can't).. But if you touch them - the flashbacks will become 4 again. In game you'll still have 4 on the replays but it's like this because CM have made only 4 slots for flashbacks. You'll have 50 and the 4 won't get to 3 before you use 47 of them.

so its is a fact that the v1.0 AI MOD is slower than CM AI.. I just reverted to CM AI to check things, and yep, the leaders now lap 1.21,5xx..
Is this 100% becuase off the out of sight bug? Or are the cars behavoirs causing them to go 1 second slower..

Kristiann or Kartik, just a question, at Melbourne with the DRS zone the AI cars have the wing open down the start finish/straight, at the end they close it for turn 1 but then open it again down to turn 3, just wondering if that is right, I didn't think it happened before, does it happen with you guys. Also I cant open my wing how they can.

It was one of the Mclarens, I think Hamilton,and it also appeared that it was working for him as well, also I cant remember which car it was but I was overtaken by one with the wing open, I was in a RedBull and had a good drive out of the corner and no mistake for them to pass me normally, as I said I don't remember it before happening and the only mods I am using are Kristianns, Rinis lighting, Tom Longfords tyre mod and various car skins.

Kartik I just tried it again this time Massa opened his wing up, I then got Button to pass me down the straight with his wing open but when he got to turn 2 his didn't open again, its strange but it is defiantly happening, how can I record it put it up here to show you.

Kristiannn your v0.1 mode is bad slower than codemasters can you edit Wet weather grip ? its gonna be really good..in real life is drivers is 25-30 seconds slower than dry but in game its only beeing 10 sec can you change this??and when will this mode come ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.