[Released] kristiannn's AI Mod v1.0

kristiannn, sorry mate I know I offered to help but my game has totally screwed up, I cant run it or uninstall and reinstall, I think it must be windows related problem, I hope I can sort it so I can use your mod when you release it, anyway thanks again for all your work.

I watched the qualifying (and race of course) of Australia and I noticed the spins. Look how Alonso spins when he gets on the grass and brakes:

Now I'm thinking, should I make the grass in game unforgivable like this.. The result will be something like this:

Tell me what you think. :)

EDIT:

I updated the Alonso's spin video, because the other one has been removed.

I watched the qualifying (and race of course) of Australia and I noticed the spins. Look how Alonso spins when he gets on the grass and brakes:

Now I'm thinking, should I make the grass in game unforgivable like this.. The result will be something like this:

kristiannn will that be for AI as well, would be great for both.

I've seen this off track grip reduction done before but think CM patched the game so one method at least doesn't work
in single player OR online... Which file are you editing to achieve this? If two people could run it online it would be great.
Really makes the game more 'sim' like. Please let me know how you go with this. As mentioned above reducing grip even further on sand would be a great idea.

Did you put the whole mod or only some of the files? You MUST put everything so it can work correctly. You should also try GP Mode. If you don't get the same thing there, then you have to restart the career, but first make sure you've installed everything. Database + AI folders..
Yes mate, installed everything via JSGME. I got half way around a GP mode 100% race and there were 5 retirements, both Button and Hamilton were gone as were a few mid tier names. I still found that a few top name drivers were driving fairly erratically, spinning off crashing and just not driving as you'd expect, these being Schumacher, Alonso, Massa, Webber. Although this time they seemed to get back on to the track carry on and start to make their way back through the field. The race did have a different feel about it though, a bit more competitive but also a bit erratic, more like the first 2 laps of a real Grand Prix but for 35 laps everyone all over the place....lol. Although i didn't have a safety car and during my career a lot of the retirements were people crashing off behind the safety car !!
So i guess i may have to start a new career yet again ! unless anyone can think of a way that i can get these files to work on my existing career?
Does your MOD limit the amount of retirements?

Yes mate, installed everything via JSGME. I got half way around a GP mode 100% race and there were 5 retirements, both Button and Hamilton were gone as were a few mid tier names. I still found that a few top name drivers were driving fairly erratically, spinning off crashing and just not driving as you'd expect, these being Schumacher, Alonso, Massa, Webber. Although this time they seemed to get back on to the track carry on and start to make their way back through the field. The race did have a different feel about it though, a bit more competitive but also a bit erratic, more like the first 2 laps of a real Grand Prix but for 35 laps everyone all over the place....lol. Although i didn't have a safety car and during my career a lot of the retirements were people crashing off behind the safety car !!
So i guess i may have to start a new career yet again ! unless anyone can think of a way that i can get these files to work on my existing career?

No, it doesn't but I'll upload a file with limited retirements just for you as you're the only one who gets such bugs.. I'll be home in 4-5 hours so check the forum at that time. I may forget altho so make sure to remind me if I haven't uploaded them after that time. :)

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?380xtk82xadd7al

And I think you should start a new career. You may wait for the next version before starting it actually because it may need it too but it may work fine over this one. I don't really know.

EDIT:

I updated the Alonso's spin video, because the other one has been removed.
Alonso was under heavy braking when he touched the grass and the track surface was pretty bumpy, under these conditions i wouldn't mind a quick 360 spin but , not sure the idea of spinning every time you touch the grass would appeal to most. You see a lot of off roading by F1 drivers across the grass with no real dramas so you'd have to get the balance right. Maybe make it an option?
I like the idea of being beached in the gravel though, maybe if your wheels stop then you're beached if that's possible?

Alonso was under heavy braking when he touched the grass and the track surface was pretty bumpy, under these conditions i wouldn't mind a quick 360 spin but , not sure the idea of spinning every time you touch the grass would appeal to most. You see a lot of off roading by F1 drivers across the grass with no real dramas so you'd have to get the balance right. Maybe make it an option?
I like the idea of being beached in the gravel though, maybe if your wheels stop then you're beached if that's possible?

Yeah I agree if its under breaking or heavy acceleration it would be better if its possible.

On the video I braked. If I don't break - the car won't spin. But the problem is that now the grip on the grass is very low and if you touch it, you'll have big problems with turning... :/

On the video I braked. If I don't break - the car won't spin. But the problem is that now the grip on the grass is very low and if you touch it, you'll have big problems with turning... :/

I think ithere is a fine line between making the grass too unforgiving, whilst also making it a hazard! How difficult does turning become on the grass?

i'm getting a lot of top tier retirements, 3 races into a new career with this mod and Red bull, Mclaren and ferrari have only managed to finish 1 race between them. Is there any way of reducing this without removing the rest of the mod or without restarting a new career?

i'm getting a lot of top tier retirements, 3 races into a new career with this mod and Red bull, Mclaren and ferrari have only managed to finish 1 race between them. Is there any way of reducing this without removing the rest of the mod or without restarting a new career?

Yes, try with this file:

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?380xtk82xadd7al

And I think you should start a new career. You may wait for the next version before starting it actually because it may need it too but it may work fine over this one. I don't really know.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.