RealSimRacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody But Landon Shirt.jpg

So with how the race ended last week, are there any thoughts in implementing a rule against blocking? Considering that Guy clearly stated his goal wasn't to win, but to keep Landon from winning (something that seems a bit of poor sportsmanship), I think this is going to be a real issue going forward. And the fact that the penalty in moving a guy is an EOL, this seems a bit of a problem.
Iracing clearly states in it's rules that blocking is a protestable event.

Guy didn't block....guy stayed with David and didn't leave him. At least in my opinion, he didn't. And this is where we may have a problem. The admins that were watching that would have been subject to enforcing this rule, none of us would have considered that blocking. Where as I am sure you and your teammates probably do. This here presents a problem, as if we dont consider it blocking, yet your 20 teammates do, and we dont enforce it, we have a grade A shitstorm on our hands that really isn't needed.

As well, is it poor sportsmanship? Not in my eyes. He had a teammate in front of him. He stuck to his bumper. Its not his job to ensure Landon win or help him win. So I fail to see how anyone can really consider what he did to be poor sportsmanship.... Guilty of poor taste for actually voicing his opinion that he'd have done what he could to keep Landon from winning, but thats all.

C'mon Greg, although there is likely no way to prove he was blocking in this race as Landon lost his partner and had nobody pushing him anyway, the fact that he clearly stated his intentions is more of the issue. It is pretty obvious what he was doing, and the fact the he stated it on comms, makes it even worse.
As far as my 20 team mates ever blocking, I can state for a fact that has never been suggested or recommended from anybody on our team within our team speak or otherwise.
And lastly if you don't think blocking is poor sportsmanship, that really is a shame and certainly shows your character. I personally would never block anybody on the race track. If somebody is faster, why should I hold them up?

Now how we would monitor this I am not sure, but I have a feeling that if Guy felt so brazen to share his intentions on the comms and on the board here, this can only be a bigger issue rising as we near the end of this season.

Lets start at the top.

Even if he was blocking, which is entirely debateable to everyone and im sure if you ask 10 guys you'll get 10 answers, it was within the last few laps of a restrictor plate race. With your exception being noted, I'd love to know of any other guy that isn't going to make his bumper 50 feet wide with 3 or so laps to go while running in the top 5. I'm willing to bet if we ask 100 people, 97 of them are going to say "Hell yea I'm making it 50 feet wide!". So I really dont see a problem here. Now if it was lap 3, and not 3 to go, then yea, we have an issue. But inside of 10 to go, all bets are off IMHO.

Second, was it smart of him to tell everyone he didnt want landon to win and would do anything in his power to stop it? No. I thought it was stupid. I've felt that way about a lot of people here, that if i was in front of them with 5 to go I'm never letting them pass me, even if I take us both out to do it. But no way would I ever say it out loud and especially over a common channel. However, with that said, he did nothing wrong IMHO, and I know the other two admins in the booth with me at the time (Hie and pat) agree as we discussed it immediately following the race. I cant speak for hte other admins of the league, as they were not privy to our conversation, but I'm pretty sure they'll agree that while it was retarded, and probably in bad taste, it was not wrong for him to say it or act on it (see part 1). All I can say is i hope he uses some better judgement with his words next time so we dont have any issues, but thats all.

And in regards to the other 20 teammates thing, you read what I wrote wrong, and I think thats my fault. I meant as in "We dont call it blocking but you guys do", not your entire team blocks. Miswording on my part, probably could have said it better.

Fair enough greg, good points. But I think the whole purpose of the post was to point out that if this kind of thing was stated on comms, it certainly is the kind of racing that is being discussed going forward, so I would hope the admins are keeping an eye on this kind, and it sounds like you guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back