Resource icon

MGP17 Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class v99a

Login or Register an account to download this content
surfer78z submitted a new resource:

Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class - gear ratios brake force motogp

Intro:

This is my first mod (well, tbh it's the 2nd one, the 1st was a sound mod for RBR, Sainz/Moya audio pace notes, which I did many many years ago, very fun indeed ;) )

I'm always looking for realistic mods and since I started playing the MotoGP game series I noticed that there wasn't any of them fixing the original gear ratios. This mod http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/real-challenge-physics-mod.15887/ from...

Read more about this resource...

I'm aiming for this goal too! I'm already making changes to create technical differences between MOTOGP bikes, as you started.

The braking issue: is something configured in the source code i think. You will need to put very high numbers in the Stability and HelpReduction variables and decrease near zero the inertia of front wheel. If you didn't notice, you loose the capability of make a stoppie as well. And all sort of "strange" things starts to happen with overall physics...

I stopped of try to make the game have realistic lap times and now i'm focus in add more challenge to the game.

I don't know if it's possible but can you make two DATA.mix files the one will be your real mod and the other one everything will be changed exept the fact that you can easily fall when you fully break even when leaning. What i mean is that i want the brakes to be like the normal game, but all the other physics stuff to be okay. (also the break times and stuff will be like your mod, just make it so that if i fully break even when leaning i will not crash.) If you can of course. I want this because my controller is a bit broken and i can not controll my left bumper that smoothly and that nice. Thank you, and of course i fully understand if it's not possible. Cheers :)

I don't know if it's possible but can you make two DATA.mix files the one will be your real mod and the other one everything will be changed exept the fact that you can easily fall when you fully break even when leaning. What i mean is that i want the brakes to be like the normal game, but all the other physics stuff to be okay. (also the break times and stuff will be like your mod, just make it so that if i fully break even when leaning i will not crash.) If you can of course. I want this because my controller is a bit broken and i can not controll my left bumper that smoothly and that nice. Thank you, and of course i fully understand if it's not possible. Cheers :)

Well... I think you read something wrong. This is a quote from my original post: "The only flaw is that it's near impossible to crash while applying full brakes at the maximum lean angle :( I need to take a look at that."

So, like Shakespeare wrote, do you want to crash or not crash? that is the question :D

I'm aiming for this goal too! I'm already making changes to create technical differences between MOTOGP bikes, as you started.

The braking issue: is something configured in the source code i think. You will need to put very high numbers in the Stability and HelpReduction variables and decrease near zero the inertia of front wheel. If you didn't notice, you loose the capability of make a stoppie as well. And all sort of "strange" things starts to happen with overall physics...

I stopped of try to make the game have realistic lap times and now i'm focus in add more challenge to the game.

That's good news! Looking forward for your mod updates. I hope you include Realistic Gear Ratios in it. I don't understand why nobody did that before me, it was easy to do and very rewarding.

I'll test as soon as I can. How much front brake force are you using?
I'm testing 2300 front and 500 rear. The optimal brake bias should be around 83% front and 17% rear (on a medium grip tarmac surface)

I'll test as soon as I can. How much front brake force are you using?
I'm testing 2300 front and 500 rear. The optimal brake bias should be around 83% front and 17% rear (on a medium grip tarmac surface)

2600 & 800... maybe I focused too much on pole position laps for my references.

Yesterday I found your modding guide, very nice work!.

Thank you :)
It depends by bike's mass.. Milestone uses 192, I prefer a realistic 158

There's so many parameters... I also tested increased Torque (from 150 to 155) with increased Air Drag (from 0.044 to 0.055)... that was interesting... MM93 could reach 305 Km/h at COTA's start/end straight IRL, with the original Torque at 150 I can't reach more than 297 Km/h, with torque and airdrag modified I could match his speed. But then I tested it on other tracks and it didn't went so well... BTW, have you tried to edit the track's mesh to add more bumps?

Ikr but I have a modified data.mix and I want to keep my other mods :C

Oh! Ok! then you have to replace the following files (extracted from data.mix with Mixfile Remixer):

DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/PLAYERDATA/MOTOGP_2017/... all files inside this folder (this is for player bikes)
DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/STANDARD/MOTOGP_2017/... all files inside this folder (this is for AI bikes)

If your other mods have any of those files edited, then you have to manually modify them one by one using the MGP BML Editor.

Brake Force -> VehicleData/Vehicle/fBrakeForce
-> VehicleData/Vehicle/fRearBrakeForce

Gear Ratios -> VehicleData/Engine/afGearRatios/first
-> .../second
and so on

Oh! Ok! then you have to replace the following files (extracted from data.mix with Mixfile Remixer):

DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/PLAYERDATA/MOTOGP_2017/... all files inside this folder (this is for player bikes)
DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/STANDARD/MOTOGP_2017/... all files inside this folder (this is for AI bikes)

If your other mods have any of those files edited, then you have to manually modify them one by one using the MGP BML Editor.

-> .../second
and so on
Thank you very much mate, appreciate it!

-> .../second
and so on

In the data mix from gears and real ratios which file is the one of gears ratios? so I can just copy it into extracted game data

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back