Resource icon

MGP17 Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class v99a

Login or Register an account to download this content
To have the same gear reatios as this mod you just have to put them in the following order: 0-1-0-0-0-3-2

Nope, 1st gear is too short in original game, maximum speed using the game bike setup as you say is around 150 kph, in real life is around 190. Read my mod notes, there's a link of an on board lap at COTA of MM93, try to make turns 12 to 15 in 1st gear with the original game and your setup, you just can't do that.

surfer78z updated Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class with a new update entry:

Realistic Gear Ratios, Brake Force and Seamless Gearbox Mod

v0.97:

- Fixed the issue of the bike unable to crash when applying full front brakes at a high lean angle

- Added seamless gearbox

- Adjusted the LCS (launch control system) for player and AI bikes.

- Increased realism feeling.

- Also reduced a bit the brake force (original 3600 front/1700 rear, mod v0.95 2600 f/800 r, mod v0.97 2500 f/500 r), this caused a new problem with the AI. It seems that they use a fixed braking point and they sometimes run wide at very hard braking zones.

I'm...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is mainly in the physics folder right?

Yes, everything, brakes and gear ratios are in physics/vehicles/playerdata/motogp_2017/... (every single bike edited)
and in physics/vehicles/standard/motogp_2017/... (every single bike edited)

seamless gearbox, LCS and realism are in physics/vehicles/playerdata/DEFAULTBIKEMOTOGP.BML
and in in physics/vehicles/standard/DEFAULTBIKEMOTOGP.BML

In the upcoming patch there will be changes in TRACK folder, optimization.bml file for sure (this is to fix the AI braking too late with the brake force reduced and going wide at some turns) and probably splinelayer too.

Uhm... in which track are you racing? Sachsenring? :O_o:
You'll crash if you brake too late (at vanilla braking points), this mod is about matching reality, real gear ratios, real brake force, real braking points... you have to brake 10, 20 or 30 meters before in each corner. If your reference point was the 100 sign now you have to start braking before that sign. I'm using keyboard and to give you an example, today I've played 2 or 3 hours, that's a lot of laps, and haven't crashed more than 5 times using brakes. Anyway maybe I'll upload another version of the mod without front brake crashes when I finish fixing the AI.

Hey I thought of an idea. Maybe if you tell me the file that makes the bike crash when leaning at corners, I can use bml editor tu change the file and copy and paste the default value of the game into that, so I can have a mixture of your gear ratios of the last mod and the bike not crashing:) What do you think surfer78z

I was thinking about your crashes... are you playing at 60 fps? maybe if you are playing at 30 or less fps than can cause to crash easily... idk

Here is the path to your hapiness :D

DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/PLAYERDATA/DEFAULTBIKEMOTOGP.BML

VehicleData/VehicleElement {MotorbikeInputHandler::properties}/HelpReductionFrontBrake/FullLeanMinCoeff (original 0.3 / mod 2.4) and FullLeanMaxCoeff (original 0.4 / mod 3.2)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back