Real Time Telemetry

• Andrew Evans

i have been blind for 3 or 4 days.... HELLO VISION!

much appreciated dingo, mate!

:plus1: ... :shock: :wink2:

RE: Poll ... for me the current resolution 800x600 is more than fine, it is easily visible and leaves me space for other stuff on my 2nd monitor. :thumb:

Voted for the larger one but now that you have mentioned the space, I'll stick with 800by600. I need to have the clock aswell somewhere there otherwise Mrs fumes as I could end playing for 4 hours straight.

I don't know if it has been already suggested on any other forum or you yourself have it under your consideration... but here it goes a suggestion.

Although I do have some decent hardware and 2 monitors, being a “speed freak”, I use your application under the game (aka, I alt-tab to consult it) as I don't want the performance brake of the dual view.

One things that would help (even for people who use dual view) is for the application to keep the maximum value for each field reached in each driving shift (at least for the main fields).
Example: In a turn a tire temperature might go 96 100 104, but after some time or in another place it can go 92 96 100 or whatever.

So if the program kept it in a small little window besides the actual value the "highest value registered” for a certain field that would definitely help.

Notice that I don't know if this suggestion is "easy", to “time consuming" or to "resource consuming", so it's just an idea, nothing more ;)

I don't know if it has been already suggested on any other forum or you yourself have it under your consideration... but here it goes a suggestion.

Although I do have some decent hardware and 2 monitors, being a “speed freak”, I use your application under the game (aka, I alt-tab to consult it) as I don't want the performance brake of the dual view.

One things that would help (even for people who use dual view) is for the application to keep the maximum value for each field reached in each driving shift (at least for the main fields).
Example: In a turn a tire temperature might go 96 100 104, but after some time or in another place it can go 92 96 100 or whatever.

So if the program kept it in a small little window besides the actual value the "highest value registered” for a certain field that would definitely help.

Notice that I don't know if this suggestion is "easy", to “time consuming" or to "resource consuming", so it's just an idea, nothing more ;)

IMO trying to cram too much information into the one RTT window is going to make it much harder to read important data from it on the fly whilst driving, as it is intended to be used.

For more detailed information min/max tyre temp info and stuff you can use Motec.

Using two monitors in dual view has never really given me any noticeable performance hits whilst racing.
I likewise enjoy my "optimal performance" and run two 8800GT's 512MB´s in Sli, but previously just had the one 8800GT and know of others with 8600's who don't seem to have any performance issues with running two monitors.

My suggestion: Use your hardware and this tool as they were intended and you will love with racing life even more :good: :D :laugh2:

I am very careful about the CPU consumption and especially no disk access. but the idea is quite interesting, I'll see what we can do.
yes i must say i have tried RTT, race07 pd and i have the full version of GTRE MotecAdd by VeloceProd and yes GTRE MotecAdd offers more in that it tells you who has requested pit stops and some other things but it does use more power to do so and on demanding tracks like Nordschleife i find myself switching back to RTT because i get better fps and suffer less stutters, so keep up the good work and for me plz do not let it get too power hungry.

Max water, oil and brake temps might be interesting for adjusting radiator opening, etc. but I am still not sure about tyres, and as I said before IMO too many figures (ie read clutter) on screen is going to make it hard to glance at and get the information you really need when you need it (eg mid or at the exit of a corner).

In isolation max tyre temp information can also be misleading.

Eg of how a max tyre temp might be used incorrectly (especially by alt tabbing to desktop).
At some point on the track you hit say 105°C on FL tyre ... but what caused this might have been you simply locking wheels up as you braked, but using the max temp reading you try to counteract this overheating by reducing camber. This may send your setup in completely the wrong direction, losing front end grip and slipping all around the track and maybe even overheating the tyres even more, when all you probably needed to do was reduce the brake pressure or balance. :moneymouth:

Minimum system usage, esp CPU and even memory consumption including read/writes is always good by me too :good:

Could have a click through to access them since you can't do anythng to fix it till you get to the garage anyway. That would provide a solution to all. Could disable it also if you didn't need/want it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.6%