Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
One of the things that i also kinda dislike is how the leader after 1 or 2 laps will start having a HUGE gap over 2nd and 3rd and then it's kinda impossible for you to catch up aswell. Just my opinion though. So what would be better for me is for the fight to keep going, and only on random races one rider should go away, not always :D
Let's make them be difficult first!:rolleyes:

The problem is to make them be difficult AND to follow the spline.

I don't know why they stop to try to overtake the opponent... :cautious:

Sorry Guys, I had problems with my pc over the weekend so was unable to test the relative performance of the AI as planned. I had an h/d failure so I spent my time reinstalling windows and Steam on a replacement h/d.

Anyway, I plan to start doing some testing this evening after work.

Thanks for your kind words Dyego & CrashBandicoot concerning my hand injury. It's a permanent nerve injury so I am just making the most of things really. Had a couple of operations but it's not possible to solve the problem. Cannot complain though as still able to race online with a controller although I have to use semi-auto gears now which is a pain in the posterior..but I can still lap o.k. over a short distance which is good.

Have fun and keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
I'm sorry to read that, man! Hope you get well...

I had a motorcycle accident and I broke my two femurs... now I can't run more than 100m without get pain. But i still able to ride! Hope you get to continue doing what you like!

Cheers!

So now they will have the same laptimes as qualifying?
Forget those QP times... they are just invented from the db_idealtracktimes.bml...

Just imagine you starting the race in last place and try to survive to the end with tyres and in a place that is realistic if you started in last.

I increased the tires, if you ride carefully you can even finish a race with soft. I made other minor changes in physics but nothing that change the feeling.

The majority of things that changed was about the AI. As I said, I use Mugello as test track, to me they are very difficult there, but when i lap alone (Time trial) i can get close to the time of the front guys... Looking foward for your feedbacks!

Forget those QP times... they are just invented from the db_idealtracktimes.bml...

Just imagine you starting the race in last place and try to survive to the end with tyres and in a place that is realistic if you started in last.

I increased the tires, if you ride carefully you can even finish a race with soft. I made other minor changes in physics but nothing that change the feeling.

The majority of things that changed was about the AI. As I said, I use Mugello as test track, to me they are very difficult there, but when i lap alone (Time trial) i can get close to the time of the front guys... Looking foward for your feedbacks!

I see! Now it does make a lot more sense! So what happened to me i raced on le mans a 10 lap race with suzuki, started from last and finished third, the thing is that i was veeery smooth like you said and had a gap of over 2 and half seconds! But in the last 2 laps my tires got completely wiped, and i was spinning craaaaaazy badly, couldn't get grip at all, and lost, literally on the last lap they reached my 2 and a half second lead. But the AI is definetly better, and that was only on hard difficulty!

I see! Now it does make a lot more sense! So what happened to me i raced on le mans a 10 lap race with suzuki, started from last and finished third, the thing is that i was veeery smooth like you said and had a gap of over 2 and half seconds! But in the last 2 laps my tires got completely wiped, and i was spinning craaaaaazy badly, couldn't get grip at all, and lost, literally on the last lap they reached my 2 and a half second lead. But the AI is definetly better, and that was only on hard difficulty!
It's exactly what happens!

Have a shot with Simulation level and tell me what you think! :thumbsup:

Just been doing some race testing against the AI and have to say I am really enjoying the challenge when you throw tyre wear into the mix. It's really challenging from the 10 lap (approximately) races that I did this evening. This is good fun! Managed a high 1m58 second lap round Silverstone also which was quite pleasing..getting used to this physics version now. Beginning to be able to push it a little bit harder particularly on the brakes and on corner entry. That was a one-off lap time though..unlike those consistently fast laps set by Mr CrashBandicoot.. :thumbsup: Finding I am on more of a level playing field with the AI now. I can race with them and can fight them more realistically on the brakes now.

What can I say? I'm really happy with it all. This makes Milestone's standard game seem a bit secondhand to my way of thinking. Great job Dyego. Really, really enjoyable to race on this game on this physics mod. It's transformed my disinterest in motogp17 to more of a fascination in trying to master the game.. Which is a really nice situation. Thanks for all your efforts Dyego. Obvious point to make but..if only there was a way of being able to race competitively against each other online using these physics mods. That would be an absolutely remarkable experience I think.. If only.

Sorry i've been away for a few days, there's some stuff going on with my life hah. Anyways back to my "virtual life", being a motogp racer. So i really like the new tyre wear system, it really gives you a chance with soft tyres if it's like 40-45 degrees you can actually do it. The AI is now more "realistic" in a sense of if you start from last you can't win. I made three races, all with KTM because i'm starting to love this bike. Anyways, first race was at sepang 35% medium medium, i actually won simply because in the first two corners i did the incredible and got out in second :'( hahahahah. But after that i had to push all the time to reach marquez. Also Rossi slowed me down and fought with me for 2-3 laps, which was awesome. Next race was misano medium front soft rear, 35% race distance i finished in 8th. Until 8th i could overtake with a bit of pushing but after that it was impossible because i wasn't used on the bike yet and i was breaking later than the normal and was going wide a lot. And the final race was the most enjoyable for me, Silverstone. Mediums all around, 7 laps and oh my, the battles were incredible. The AI was so calm and collected, no stupid moves and only a bit of proper touching, they were fighting back, amazing. I finished 10th but had a blast. So yes Diego, what we wanted to test is what position you can get if you start from last. The answer is top 8-15 so your AI is great. Keep it up!

EDIT: Sorry if the message is messed up, i just woke up hahah and i haven't had coffee yet.

Yeah you've rescued motogp 17 Dyego..

The more I experiment on different circuits over 35% race distance (8 laps) the more I like it. At first I thought it was too forgiving on the front end (on the brakes on corner entry) but the more you run hard into those laps and the less grip progressively you have to play with my concerns are negated.. On the "limit" on worn tyres this comes into its own. Tyre management comes into play also. As does tyre selection. This is truly great.

Milestone should be ashamed of themselves releasing this game in the "dumbed-down" state that it was in..

As I said before as an online league racer I just wish we could use this crazily good thing you have made online Dyego. Seriously I do. Thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

Guys, thank you so much about your feedbacks!

Did you feel the AI splines strange in any track? Some corner that they were running wide or something?

I made some tests and in some tracks there are some corners that the AI goes wide... Nothing that makes them get out of the track borders but annoyes me a bit...

When I try to fix them messing in the splines, they lost time, when I correct some category I mess up another... is a fu$#'in hell!

I know you guys think the physics is finished but I must change some things in engine power (ONLY) to make the AI follow better the spline lines...

Working on the FP/QP times also, i think the times are okay just need to be 1 sec higher... What you think?

Wondering myself if is a good thing increase the tire wear a bit when warm. I must find a balance to make the player to do not go away (Lorenzo's style) when starting in top 5 or something...

Last edited:
Yes, perhaps the "splines" were a little strange in some of the tracks. But at least from my personal experience at the tracks I tested on this wasn't a big problem. Maybe I should do some testing for you over the weekend at some other tracks? Which tracks Dyego do you think were most affected by this?

I have not tbh delved deep enough to answer your other points/suggestions. Due to pc problems last weekend and the limitations my injured wrist places upon me my testing of your "final version" has been a bit limited. I can only test for so long then I have to rest my hand..

So maybe CrashBandicoot or some of the others should test this in more depth for you?

p.s. found this hidden away on my computer recently. My only claim to fame in my whole life.. lol. It will be my only one I think.. You know how it is. Marriage beckons(?) and my time will be taken up looking after children soon..!? omg! ;)

37919377652_674e722695_h.jpg

What i remember now was the last chicane in Mugello and some corner in Jerez... but Jerez i remember to saw it in the MOTO3 os some legends class... i don't remember right now... Just report the tracks when you see it so I could try to fix... ;)

Don't worry mate! I want some feedback but you take care of your hand... The point here is to bring more challenge and FUN! Not to get stress out!:roflmao:

Amazing time! I'm always saw those records wondering: "Those cheaters bastards!":mad:, then i started to play more and getting used to the game, but that impossible physics always bothered me... Now I lose part of my life trying to fix that! :p

That's why we're all here Dyego.. And you're doing a great job!

The physics on motogp13 (and motogp14/15/16 & particularly 17..) are not believable for me. The laptimes are just too far ahead of real life motogp lap times to be credible. Pistol 73 I have to say though is an amazingly talented guy on whatever physics model he has to race on. I have had the "pleasure" of attempting and conspicuously failing to keep up with him over many seasons of online league racing and the guy is unbelievably consistent and very, very fast. I am rooting for Pistol in the eSports final at Valencia. If he has a clean race I think he might win.. I think he too would like to race on better physics though given the chance.

37952957281_6912409c14_b.jpg

Guys, thank you so much about your feedbacks!

Did you feel the AI splines strange in any track? Some corner that they were running wide or something?

I made some tests and in some tracks there are some corners that the AI goes wide... Nothing that makes them get out of the track borders but annoyes me a bit...

When I try to fix them messing in the splines, they lost time, when I correct some category I mess up another... is a fu$#'in hell!

I know you guys think the physics is finished but I must change some things in engine power (ONLY) to make the AI follow better the spline lines...

Working on the FP/QP times also, i think the times are okay just need to be 1 sec higher... What you think?

Wondering myself if is a good thing increase the tire wear a bit when warm. I must find a balance to make the player to do not go away (Lorenzo's style) when starting in top 5 or something...

Hello ,The only problem i have is in QP i can not beat the times of the AI i am all the time in 32 place but in the race i finish in the first place :p ,, i try a lot on JEREZ , the ai time on JEREZ is 1.48 an my time is 1.51 on moto 3 class in QP and the race is no problem for me

Hello ,The only problem i have is in QP i can not beat the times of the AI i am all the time in 32 place but in the race i finish in the first place :p ,, i try a lot on JEREZ , the ai time on JEREZ is 1.48 an my time is 1.51 on moto 3 class in QP and the race is no problem for me
Thanks for the feedback!

What time AI are doing in race? Do you think how much time you can reach? What time do you think is a good race pace for this track?

Super boulot, par contre mes adversaires n'ont pas de chrono, ils restent tous à "0", et pourtant j'ai installé l'Updat 1 et l'Updat 2
With some google translate I understand what you say but next time please type in english.:thumbsup:

The problem is because in steam there are others updates that are not mapped... So you need to update you game to the lastest version available ;)

I have a problem with this mod, only one problem. When braking before a curve, the bike leans and falls. What parameters with bml editor should I change? Only this please. some help :)

With some google translate I understand what you say but next time please type in english.:thumbsup:

The problem is because in steam there are others updates that are not mapped... So you need to update you game to the lastest version available ;)

I made the updates 1 and 2 of the game, but I still have the concern of the opponents who do not have a time, I do not have this problem on the beta versions 2.1 and beta 3 on the other hand. versions I find that the rear of the bikes move month under braking, (I like less). Is there a solution to my problem? For information, I do not play on steam
Thank

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies