Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey mate!! I wanted to try the new version of the mod, i install the data.mix in my game and it crashes while loading :( I install the version before that (the one we had until now) and it works perfectly. My game is on the latest version aswell. What did i do wrong :p

Be careful what mod you're downloading! I've update the Ride 2 one as Pazuzu said! :rolleyes:

I'll update the motogp17 as well, but would help if I have feedback from there to improve things before I start to replicate here... :thumbsup:

I tried it , and it works perfectly. It's the most realistic gameplay I've had. I wanted to ask you something about your mod: What files are the ones that makes the speed at which the bike leans? (that's the most realistic)

I tried it , and it works perfectly. It's the most realistic gameplay I've had. I wanted to ask you something about your mod: What files are the ones that makes the speed at which the bike leans? (that's the most realistic)
It is a bunch of things that results on this behaviours... I THINK it is the LeanSpeedTimeFactor and LeanLowSpeedTimeFactor plus the HandlebarAcceleration... but I can't say for sure if it was only this...

It is a bunch of things that results on this behaviours... I THINK it is the LeanSpeedTimeFactor and LeanLowSpeedTimeFactor plus the HandlebarAcceleration... but I can't say for sure if it was only this...

in what does handlebar acceleration influence on the speed it takes the bike to lean on curves?

in what does handlebar acceleration influence on the speed it takes the bike to lean on curves?
I don't know dude... I changed there and it felt better to me... :cautious:

Stop of think that I know everything I've changed... You need to start to do what any physics modder here does: change and test if it works in game... :thumbsup:

I'm trying to migrate the same feeling achieved in Ride 2 recently... but this game is something totally different in AI matter... so I though it would be just ctrl+c/ctrl+v but it isn't! :(

I already managed it, just testing the AI difficulty against the player now... I will not release it soon, but maybe until de next race it would be released. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to migrate the same feeling achieved in Ride 2 recently... but this game is something totally different in AI matter... so I though it would be just ctrl+c/ctrl+v but it isn't! :(

I already managed it, just testing the AI difficulty against the player now... I will not release it soon, but maybe until de next race it would be released. :thumbsup:
Well let me tell ya :D I don't want this game to feel the same as Ride 2 :o The physics right now are really good, especially the braking! I never understood why on Ride 2 they are wayyy more sensitive than this game, i will always have this opinion that i still have, that they're a bit to extreme for me :p Gp17 though, you nailed it. I don't think that i want the same physics on both games, the ones we have now are great. What i would love to see though, is some movement on the bike, BUT, here's the catch! I would love the movement to be only visible, not affecting your riding! Now that's crazy impossible to achieve, and i know it. Like look at the way they come out of the last corner in Argentina, i love that movement. Anyways, the AI for me needs no further improvement. In some corners on specific tracks yes, but no more. I played a race today on the hardest difficulty with Jack MIller on his Ducati (i'm mixing up the 2018 mod or Rider with your physics mod) And i finished 11th after a hard battle with Ianonne. Every one was doing the same pace on the front, that's why i couldn't catch them. So yeah i'm very happy with the state of the mod now, and i would be completely fine if it stayed like that! Cheers!

It's complicated to have the visual without must handle with the physics consequences! :p

Maybe you think it's more easy braking in this version because they're brake force are less than the original. On Ride 2 they're the same as original.

But the main change is about how you start to brake. This version you can just pull the brakes in the braking points and it's OK. The new Ride 2 version you must press the brake smoothly to transfer the weight, what is realistic.

As you, I love those wobble and weave effects on the bikes, but I want to "feel" the fear of being in that situation too! Other behavior I love are those "mini rear bumps" while braking strongly (normaly you can see them in a slow motion replay).

But unfortunatelly I achieved some of those things in the new version of the physics. The difficulty on braking is directly conected to the oscilations and the bumps...

And c'mon @CrashBandicoot! Did you played the last version? It's quite forgiving dude! I just would to add only one behavior in this physics that i think might fix this "unforgiving" feeling: make the bike tends to get up when braking.

There is a variable for this behavior while skidding. So when you start to skid, the bike get up about 2 degrees... If they putted this same variable for braking, you wouldn't feel so much instability, because you had be a bit more standed up softing the consequences... GPBikes have this behavior...

Well, give the new version a chance mate! :roflmao:

It's complicated to have the visual without must handle with the physics consequences! :p

Maybe you think it's more easy braking in this version because they're brake force are less than the original. On Ride 2 they're the same as original.

But the main change is about how you start to brake. This version you can just pull the brakes in the braking points and it's OK. The new Ride 2 version you must press the brake smoothly to transfer the weight, what is realistic.

As you, I love those wobble and weave effects on the bikes, but I want to "feel" the fear of being in that situation too! Other behavior I love are those "mini rear bumps" while braking strongly (normaly you can see them in a slow motion replay).

But unfortunatelly I achieved some of those things in the new version of the physics. The difficulty on braking is directly conected to the oscilations and the bumps...

And c'mon @CrashBandicoot! Did you played the last version? It's quite forgiving dude! I just would to add only one behavior in this physics that i think might fix this "unforgiving" feeling: make the bike tends to get up when braking.

There is a variable for this behavior while skidding. So when you start to skid, the bike get up about 2 degrees... If they putted this same variable for braking, you wouldn't feel so much instability, because you had be a bit more standed up softing the consequences... GPBikes have this behavior...

Well, give the new version a chance mate! :roflmao:
I definitely will!! I mean it's great don't get me wrong, but like i said i'm probably the only person that has a tiny complain about this :D Which is okay whatever i can deal with it, all i'm saying is that i like the breaking the way it is now in GP17 :) You're doing amazing!!

Ayyy mate can i ask you if you remember of course, in order to only get the AI improvement only and mix it up with another physics mod, do i only need the Vehicles folder?? Or also the Tracks one, because the folder says something about splinelayer so i guess that's their racing line?

Ayyy mate can i ask you if you remember of course, in order to only get the AI improvement only and mix it up with another physics mod, do i only need the Vehicles folder?? Or also the Tracks one, because the folder says something about splinelayer so i guess that's their racing line?
Hi! Sorry for the delay, my wife had a child last month and everything in my life is messed up! :rolleyes:

If I remember well, this is it. Plus the DBPILOTS.BML in DB folder, it makes the AI more "random" allied with the SKILLSCATALOG.BML file.

The tracks folder is just to correct some "crazyness" things of the AI, but the original ones works as well.

Cheers

Hi! Sorry for the delay, my wife had a child last month and everything in my life is messed up! :rolleyes:

If I remember well, this is it. Plus the DBPILOTS.BML in DB folder, it makes the AI more "random" allied with the SKILLSCATALOG.BML file.

The tracks folder is just to correct some "crazyness" things of the AI, but the original ones works as well.

Cheers
Thank you very much for the reply! Also it's great to hear you have a baby now! Take care of the little champion!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back