Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dyego JhOu submitted a new resource:

Real Challenge Physics MOD - Physics mod

Physics mod for a more competitive feeling to the game.

Braking: It's more realistic to braking with this mod. Trail braking is the key for a good race riding, but Milestone makes it too easy: you can pull the brake lever at maximum at lower inclinations without much punishment. This changed with this mod. Now you must be smooth with the brakes to avoid falling.

Instability: Added more instability to the bike at speeds. So with more power and more faster, more instability while leaning,...

Read more about this resource...

Yep! But keep in mind that this is just a beta! i'll need feedback of you!

Yip, had a quick blast on a 250 round Silverstone and was able to lose the front or rear if I braked too hard so thats a good thing. Could'n bring the bike to wobble or become un-stable much (kina like the wobble with another MotoGP17' physics mod). but its a step up from the base physics that are so bad. this is a great start I think!

Anyway to add more chatter to the rear tire when powering out of corners? Not necessarily power-sliding but the the kind of shaking that makes the bike rock from side to side? Great mod!! :D

Hi, good mod, I tested it in some tracks against most difficult level AI. At Assen I managed to have a good pace, just one second/one second and half slower than vanilla game and same of leading group (Rossi, Vinales and Marquez). In Barcelona was a little bit tough, I qualified seventh in 4 strokes legends class, 1.2 slower than Nicky. Race was painful since first corner and I quitted the game. Maybe just because I'd prefer to race against the ultimate level AI and with this data file is a little bit too hard. AI are far better than player in braking, can brake at corner proximity while I have to start and modulate braking far away from opponents' braking point. So 3-4 AI usually pass me whilst I losing time on the brakes. Could you make a more stable version on front end when it comes to brake? A sort of half way version between this and vanilla one? Thanks for eventual reply and spent time, bro.

Hi, good mod, I tested it in some tracks against most difficult level AI. At Assen I managed to have a good pace, just one second/one second and half slower than vanilla game and same of leading group (Rossi, Vinales and Marquez). In Barcelona was a little bit tough, I qualified seventh in 4 strokes legends class, 1.2 slower than Nicky. Race was painful since first corner and I quitted the game. Maybe just because I'd prefer to race against the ultimate level AI and with this data file is a little bit too hard. AI are far better than player in braking, can brake at corner proximity while I have to start and modulate braking far away from opponents' braking point. So 3-4 AI usually pass me whilst I losing time on the brakes. Could you make a more stable version on front end when it comes to brake? A sort of half way version between this and vanilla one? Thanks for eventual reply and spent time, bro.

Thanks for the feedback mate! :)

Well, for now i'm working in the career categories (RBRookies, M3, M2 and MGP)... maybe i'l release a new version this weekend.

But, i have to be honest, Legends will be the last thing to be changed... :unsure:

Ok, but I think it's not strictly related to the vehicle class, so no problem at all. AI has advantage in braking space even in my actual motogp race at Assen, I saw that at final chicane and little less at first corner, but wasn't so remarkable, I could defend position pretty well, rarely AI overtook me. Wasn't there any hard brake after a very long straight, kind of 340 km/h to first gear such as first in Catalunya, so I didn't suffer the disadvantage too much. Barcelona first braking point made the evidence clear to me, I think Mugello too. Just matter to give player more confidence to start braking some meters further and harder without losing front end. By the way, I liked lowside when braking into middle of corner :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey mate! I was thinking about what you said to me the other day ("...You will need to put very high numbers in the Stability and HelpReduction variables and decrease near zero the inertia of front wheel...") and I'm confused. I want less grip on the front wheel of the bike but just while braking and leaning at the same time, so I can make the bike crash. Do I have to modify the 3 parameters you said or can it be done modifying just 1? (the less changes the better imho)

Hey mate! I was thinking about what you said to me the other day ("...You will need to put very high numbers in the Stability and HelpReduction variables and decrease near zero the inertia of front wheel...") and I'm confused. I want less grip on the front wheel of the bike but just while braking and leaning at the same time, so I can make the bike crash. Do I have to modify the 3 parameters you said or can it be done modifying just 1? (the less changes the better imho)
The problem is them did not make different grips for front or hear tyres...

So if you are decreasing the brake force, you need to increase the stability and helreduction of the front brake and front slip (and they are small even for the standard physics...). When you decrease the brake force you also need to change the inertia of the front tyre, because there is less force so, the tyre will never "lock"... to the physics will be like you've pressing the brakes softly, so making less inertia makes the front tyre locks easier. In other hand, if you decrease the inertia too much, the bike starts to to have strange behaviors (at least in my opinion)...

Well, like everything in modding this game, you need to test. It take time to learn some things and every new game, things changes... So although i had make physics mods before, doesn't mean that everything i say will works there...

The problem is them did not make different grips for front or hear tyres...

So if you are decreasing the brake force, you need to increase the stability and helreduction of the front brake and front slip (and they are small even for the standard physics...). When you decrease the brake force you also need to change the inertia of the front tyre, because there is less force so, the tyre will never "lock"... to the physics will be like you've pressing the brakes softly, so making less inertia makes the front tyre locks easier. In other hand, if you decrease the inertia too much, the bike starts to to have strange behaviors (at least in my opinion)...

Well, like everything in modding this game, you need to test. It take time to learn some things and every new game, things changes... So although i had make physics mods before, doesn't mean that everything i say will works there...

I'm testing it right now, i've found that to make the front wheel lock we have to increase the values of FullLeanMinCoeff (from 0.3 to 2.4) and FullLeanMaxCoeff (from 0.4 to 3.2) inside HelpReductionFrontBrake, just those 2 parameters, I've set fBrakeForce to 2500 and I haven't modified the inertia of the front wheel at all and it's working fine.

Now I'm trying to fix the rear brake... but can't find the key atm...

Dyego JhOu updated Real Challenge Physics MOD with a new update entry:

Improvements

- Packed with UPDATE 1
- Added technical differences between motogp bikes; (Ducati difficult to turn, but huge top speed, good pace into the corner to Yamaha, better handling to Honda and so on... Made it based on what i know, feedback me if is something wrong);
- Improved AI to the new configurations on MotoGP category;
- Corrected some corners in the AI spline of Losail;

About technical differences:

General: Seamless box feeling;
Ducati: Difficul to turn, good to accel;
Yamaha: Best bike...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good work man! Don't know if you have done it, but It'll be great if you adjust the braking force for each bike... mostly for balance reasons, so Honda can beat Yamaha at braking etc.

And now a big question: how do you change the AI splines? Is there a tutorial or something? I've realised that AI bikes use to run wide at very hard braking zones with reduced braking force, they are not as smart as I thought :D

Good work man! Don't know if you have done it, but It'll be great if you adjust the braking force for each bike... mostly for balance reasons, so Honda can beat Yamaha at braking etc.

And now a big question: how do you change the AI splines? Is there a tutorial or something? I've realised that AI bikes use to run wide at very hard braking zones with reduced braking force, they are not as smart as I thought :D

I've already did that before in VRTG and doesn't get much good results... :(

The problem is that you have to correct the AI, and the Milestone's AI is a mess to correct... this way, i give up to try to make the game gets realistic.. now i change just enough to make it challenging.

But, if Honda have a better braking than Yamaha, in terms of balance, is not the brake force that must be changed...

About the splines, i've changed just the apex of 2 corners... the AI was passing in the inner kerbs too much and falling... And it was just a blind shot that worked... normally, change splines is a mess...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%