RDRC S4 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (24 March - 27 March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on man, take a chill pill next time! You must always drive your car to the end of the rally, should other people retire loads of times. And since there are not that many of you in 2WD, it is definitely worth trying the shot at the championship ;)

Too late. Already quitted :)
To win the champ. I need luck, tons of luck :p The new guns are fast. Or, fast isn't the word. They are... aliens! :)
My head was just not in the right place, and when I couldn't figure out why I drove off the road on SS4 (the car suddently stopped turning, no idea why). Then, it wasn't any fun. I'll just reboot myself, and hope for a better rally next time! :)

I feel your pain man, I hate it when you're about to start the rally and getting ready thinking "this time I've got to do a nice rally and go for the win" and everything goes bad from turn 1 :D

Good luck, there's always a better rally and sometimes you win without expecting it :)

Ye :p I was thinking "reversing out of the grass works". Driving forward is impossible with a RWD on grass. But nah, there are height differences in Australia :)

Oh well, at least I didn't have to drive around any hairpins with a car that doesn't turn when off-throttle :D Always looking on the bright side! :p

EDIT: It doesn't help that Fulham is playing today either. 1-0 to Man Utd at half time. Come On Fulham!!!! :p

Whoever did Pribram R, I hate it. The surface is so bumpy I can't get to speed, the car's jumping around(I have no idea what I should with suspension to make it better). But it feels so different I can't drive it at speed.

...and put the spectators somewhere else, they are in the way!:(

Also, my steering seems to get bend easily, no way I can push like that, I should be happy I have no DNF's after 7 stages...

I am sorry I am suffering technical issues with my PC. I did fresh install of Windows, but it went wrong and I must do it again tomorrow. Format the whole thing. I am not sure if I can jump in.

Had a goal before the season. Win the 2WD. After some new guys joined in, that goal is gone:p

SS1: Spun in T1, and then had to cfh :(
SS2: Retired... Damn. Cool down Pinky. Cool down!!
SS3: Cfh...

SS4: Retired. And that's it really. Not bothering anymore in this rally.

for me it's all down to rhythm, each set of stages has its own rhythms and trhere are sets of three where the rhythm just keeps on eluding you. don't push, let it flow. no need in pushing until you found the rhythm, usually takes three quarters of the first stage for me. oh yes, and never ever drop out, if one is in trouble, chances are, other guys feel the pain, too.

SS1 - killed it about 1km from the end, not a big impact either. Awesome start.
SS2 - messed up the jump early on, and had a big moment a bit later. Almost rolled it. Car seems very fragile, had steering damage.
SS3 - crash fest. Broken gearbox with 6 km to go. Had to retire

Service

SS4 - perfection. Well, perfection for my standards, for regular people it's just a clean stage :D. Loved it anyway.
SS5 - perfection. Until I hit a tree head on and retired.
SS6 - oh dear god... Killed it on the jump. And I even braked! Baaaaaah!

Service

Still not frustrated, probably because Roy created a shiny new skin for my Mini, so I have to get at least a couple of replays in :D

SS7 - okay, this one was frustrating. First time on the stage, overestimated the grip level, and braked too late for turn 1. Killed a couple of people, hit some barrels, broke some fences... Not enjoyable.
SS8 - a couple of nice segments, but mostly struggling. Steering damage from the previous stage.
SS9 - found a tree. In a desert. Flames started coming out of the car.
SS10 - another retirement, and I think I'll call it a night :)

Bad start of the championship, a touch a wall and the radiator was damaged, still managed to finish this special but then the following special shut up. As I have not the concentration to make the rest of the rally I gave up. Until the next!

Good pace from the beginning but crashed twice on East-West (officially hate this SS from now on) So that´s it. Looking forward to the Mont Blanc Rally, finally some "black stuff" :)

Thanks for setting up this rally, however it was very frustrating for me. :)

It was good rally till stage 12,very stupid crash in a lonely tree :eek:.I was so mad even forget to save replay for this stage :oops:.
Thanks to all organizers :).!

Not sure whether that went well or not! Really annoyed to DNF one stage and had a roll and a CFH as well during the course of things, as well as an awful moment where i couldn't quite get the car out of a ditch after a spin, but all in all i have to be happy that i appeared to be setting quick times.

Made a boo-boo at the very beginning by being on wet gravel tyres instead of inters, so just plodded along carefully until the next service. Thought i'd done really well on diamond creek only to see my team-mate graham go 10s quicker! :oops: Again i thought i had good speed through a couple of stages but not completely sure i've got any good points yet.

Another crucial error was practicing the wrong Pribram.... so going around this completely new stage, and twice at that, was very interesting!

Great fun swinging the car around though, but i'mnot sure about the next tar event, that surface isn't quite as fun in RBR. Still, i had a great run through SS8, so i was quite happy about that- had the car at all sorts of angles- bags of fun! (and opposite lock!)

Thanks to all the team; Warren, Rick, Senad, Pete, Nigel (and anyone else i've forgotten) This stuff takes a lot of effort from you guys, and all we do is turn up and drive!
Cheers again.

So...

The good news: I didn't retire and finished all stages:) With this, I might even have finished high in P-Class, because it was my only weapon today, not retiring:p

The bad side: The horrible stages came first and I always seemed to get a loose wheel which made going straight, turning, braking(handbraking too), generally everything concerning driving very hard for me, even though the Lancer X feels great and it was good to drive in testing.

I hope Pribram R(Gravel) won't be back for any other rallies this season, I lost 1m 30s to the fastest P-car, how bad is that?

I prefered the Australian stages, in which I came much closer, but often had to fight the loose wheel again. I went of once or twice, spun my car round and damaged the cooling a little, but I made it to the end in all of them(Even after rolling on my 2nd Diamond Creek run, damn corner).

Dunno if I enjoyed it or was close to a rage:p

Nearly got a frustration attack when the game didn't straight come back before the last Pribram R run(I hate it enough, I don't want to retire on it too, thanks).

I think I can live with it, I ran close to the Top 10 tonight, even if it were only my survival skills:D

5 DNF's out the 14 stages. Not exactly what I'd call a good rally on my part. I knew I would struggle with the Aus stages. But not this much. Not much to tell...a rally of mixed emotions, and many costly mistakes. :(

Spending a week going through those notes really paid off.
I had a very tidy rally, all of my times were in the top 8 beating some WRC cars along the way.
Bad points:
Slid into a ditch on the 1st run through East-West(CFH)
Hit some trees at quite high speed on the 2nd run through Prospect Ridge, rear suspension/wheel damaged.
Good points:
No retirements
No spins
3rd fastest through the 2nd run of Pribram
Finished 4th on the server
:D

Slightly mixed fortunes for me on this one, but managed to finish the rally with any DNFs despite a bit of drama in the closing stages.

SS1-5: Took it pretty cautiously on the opening damp stages, so lost a bit of time there. After that I got into a good rhythm and kept it largely clean and was firmly in the middle of the leaderboard.
SS6: Had my first and only call for help on the rally with a rather silly incident. Clipped one of the inside banks on a narrow section of Mineshaft and span, ending up sideways and facing the inside bank. I wanted to spin the car around, but was mindful that the cliff on the other side was only a foot or two behind my rear wheels. Needless to say with no rearview in this game I failed utterly at the 3 point turn and tumbled into the ravine.
SS7-12: My times weren't exactly great on the previous stages and I wasn't in a close battle with anyone, so my focus switched to bringing the car home safely. No major dramas and rather unusually I had 2 clean runs on Diamond Creek.
SS13-14: Had a strange crash in the early stages of Prospect Ridge, running over a small rock I've never had a problem with before. It unexpectedly sent me into a spin and left me with a cracked radiator. Luckily I have plenty of experience with that and so I managed to nurse the car through the final two stages and so avoided the red ink.

I've finished the rally in the worst way, call for help in last special stage.

The other stages, I finished the rally with the opinion that I can do better than this.

Let's see the final classification, and I hope top 3 place.

Thank you for the rally and see you in the next one.

Well my rally for this round was filled with bad luck :D

Almost went off on Mineshaft, engine suddenly died on New Bobs upon entering the last tight corner, I was moving very SLOWLY towards the finish line for about 10 seconds. I also accidentally loaded the wrong settings on Pribram R which causes a big accident on the road (and inside the car :D my handbrake went off when I pulled it very HARD during the crash!), and finally, with a broken handbrake, cumulative damage, battery problem and very high water temperature, the C4 finally died in the last chicane on the last stage :(.

Well that was one hell of a ride for me, my first RDRC Gravel Event. Thanks to the Administrators, Organizers! and Good Luck to everyone on last sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes