RDRC S4 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (24 March - 27 March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to finish this one as in round 1 I only got the first stage completed before technical problems.
It didn't go as planned though, with retirements in stages 10 and 13 ( Prospect Ridge ) one was a broken gear box and the other was a dead engine. Also had a couple of CFH's, a few bumps and near things but it was great to finish this round.

I just installed rscenter after my format, after disaster at last rdrc event. 15 min before rally start I have all configured, I think I should've done it little earlier :p Well, main point is that now this has to work with no hiccups! See you on the road folks!

What a frustrating rally... :(
I did it very vell on the first few stages, but on ss5 I hit a rock, like Loeb in Poland 2009, and I have to retired. :(
After that, I went a PB on Mineshaft, but I need two CFH on Pribram, and East-West. On SS10 I hit a tree and my brakes have gone. :(
And another retire on SS13, and an impressive PB on the last stage.
I definetly can't win the rally in my category, but I hope for some ponits in P'S :)

Just what I expected. Had a hard start because no practise, After 3 first SS I got my driving better. Then was time for pribram.. First i missed one corner and got out of map, spent 1 minute searching right way :D After that frustration for that ss grew and i drove my car deep into woods and was happy that it was over :rolleyes:
After that no bigger problems. Few mistakes and steady driving most times. Second pribram run I was angry to the stage and tried to overcome my earlier dissappointment. And it went well! If not count that one piece of s*** stupid peep who had no will to continue living and stood in a very bad place ruining my momentum :D Game works great again! That's the MOST important thing.

Thanks for everyone!

PS. Not too much drivers in OC2 session. :(

RDRC S4 Round 2 EU2 Chp
aus.jpg
WAD53
14 25/03/2012 21:00:00

Isn´t it supposed to be at 19:00 GMT??

The Server time isn't GMT Joao, as Joakim said, its GMT+2
It seems to be the case that when the clocks change the Rallyesim text under the Server time isn't updated
Currently it is showing GMT+1 which is wrong.

Sorry Rallyesim is confusing the issue :(

Seems I missed the sign up ... :(
Anyway, I would like to compare myself with the others - one big apologize to Jack. I was quite busy this week and I got a black out about RBR.
Ondřej Kapal (Ondrej Kapal) - EU3
Thanks!

SS1 - Rolled the car mid way through made it on the wheels with basicly no damaged.
SS2 - Spun out on a 90 turn and hit the rocks head on, car started but my bumper was gone. Car still feels good. ;)
SS3 - Slight mistake on one of the 90 turns but besides that, fast pace n clean run.
SS4 - Much MUCH better then the last run, getting into rhythm.
SS5 - Good stage felt fast but we'll see... :p
SS6 - Did a 360 spin on one of the 90 turns, they seem to be giving me some trouble today. :confused:
Day one went smooth but I def. could have gone a faster, no CFH's or retirements... Day two here I come!
SS7 - Good track after a few runs through, went fast
SS8 - No mistakes when well.
SS9 - Last very fast turn when off and didn't land on the wheels..... CFH :mad:
SS10 - Hit a two trees and flipped my car!!.... Both USA tracks I was the most confident with but seems they are giving me the most trouble.
SS11 - Solid run with no mistakes but felt like I was slow.
SS12 - Def a better run this time through didn't roll but 4 seconds slower then a practice time.
SS13 - Good stage felt fast but we'll see... :p
SS14 - Just like the last run, virtually same time lol.
Overall, only one CFH and that's one to many! Still had a blast! Thanks to Cory and Kelly for joining up on TS, hope my performance was good enough to get some points!

SS1: Missed in first junction rest went well
SS2: Missed in first junction, minor tree hugging later, rest went well
SS3: Missed in first junction, did an wheelie in a fast right corner, new pair of underwear and the rest went well :p
SS4: huge LAG on my computer, almost killed the car multiple times
SS5: Killed engine after hitting a tree
SS6: CFH after 1km I think, rest of the stage went ok
SS7: Went flat out over a jump and landed in a fence, car ok :)
SS8: CFH in tight right corner.. rest of stage, slow and steady
SS9: Went flying trough the stage!!
SS10: lost brakes early on the stage, killed the car later…
SS11: no big problems
SS12: a couple two wheelers that scared me abit..
SS13: ****!
SS14: ****!

My rally in the EU2-session:

SS01 - Took it steady, but this slippery conditions sent me into a photographer in the final corner - CFH.
SS02 - Slid off the road and killed every system on the car - retired
SS03 - This one was a bit better. Slid off the road once, but not at enough speed to damage the car this time.

SS04 - Did hit 2 separate banks with the rear wheels which sendt me first head on into a tree piercing a hole in my radiator, then into a big roll. The temperature did not increase until the very final bit of the stage, I dson't think it will be okay all o the end.
SS05 - The temperature did reach max midway through the stage, got through with a fair time.
SS06 - Okay stage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Day 1 completed, and I made a huge mess out of all of it. Really not the start I wanted, but it can only get better!

SS07 - Clean run, felt OK.
SS08 - I really like this stage, went well :)
SS09 - Flat out, this one worked very good.
SS10 - The engine died on the finish line on this one, how lucky can a man get?

SS11 - Okay stage, really struggeling with the concentration now.
SS12 - Really lucky to escape with just a time loss here. Bounced off the road towards the end, span around and could just start over...
SS13 - Okay stage
SS14 - I was on the run for a very good time, until I killed a spectator out on the field.

More happy with my second day of rallying, but that retirement on day one was catastrophic for my rally.

Hopefully I saved some points in the end, but I am afraid I lost a bit to much ground in the championship here.

After missing round one I was hoping to have at least a clean rally but:

SS01 Throttle on my CS pedals was sticking so it was hard to slow down for the tight corners

So after SS01 I disconnect my pedals and try to recalibrate- clutch and brake okay, but the gas pedal was not responding. Repeat steps one and two and finally I have a proper working throttle with 15 seconds to spare before SS02 closes out. Whew! Just made it.

SS08 CFH after sliding through the orange net and backing it down the hill
SS10 Retired after an itunes update crashed my pc to desktop
SS11 Hit something really hard near the end of the stage but finished ok

Because of the impact on SS11 I drove the final three stages with a car that was shaky on the start line and very hard to control. I still drove okay but:

SS14 Very difficult to drive with a bent axle- hit a fence and spun out but was able to continue

Feaker nice chatting with you and Kelly before the start. Jeff way to represent the stars and stripes. Roy, Joakim, and co. it was nice chatting with you guys after the round.

Good luck to the rest and thanks to all who made it possible.

RDRC S4 Round 2 EU2 Chp
aus.jpg
WAD53
14 25/03/2012 21:00:00

Isn´t it supposed to be at 19:00 GMT??

The Server time isn't GMT Joao, as Joakim said, its GMT+2
It seems to be the case that when the clocks change the Rallyesim text under the Server time isn't updated
Currently it is showing GMT+1 which is wrong.

Sorry Rallyesim is confusing the issue :(

Just to be very clear Joao, there are two separate issues here.
1. All of RD's Events are posted as GMT. This is done to maintain a consistent reference time for all drivers across the world, especially when Daylight Saving Time is introduced at different dates around the world. Point 2 (below) demonstrates why.
2. The Racing Server used for our Rally Events is run by RallyeSim and located in France. All Events on the Server are only able to be programmed in their local time, which is normally GMT+1 hr (the local European time). However, last weekend, all of Europe changed to Summer Time (DST) and wound their clocks forward by one hour. So the Server rolled over to GMT+2 hrs.
To confuse things even more, the main page text at RallyeSim doesn't change when they roll to DST and still says GMT+1 hr. Ignore that bit, the Server is currently GMT+2 hrs.

Soooo, when our Event schedule says 19.00 GMT, the Server will be 21.00 Local time in France. Our drivers need to use the scheduled GMT time and convert it to their local time wherever they live across the world, just like all other RD Events.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play