RDRC S4 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (24 March - 27 March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, I think I`ll do that one as I certainly cant do the EU2 and I dont know what my plans are like for monday and tuesday.

This is not going to be my best run though. Still feel like crap after yesterday + I havent practiced for a while now, gonna be tough.

At the start thing went great! Made no mistakes and had a really good pace. Then at SS6 I crashed and had to retire. Then made a few mistakes every SS untill SS8 so that costed me some time. At SS9 I crashed again, seeing my top 5 chances disapear. Then had some fun but at both of the Czeck Republic stages I killed some spectator. Man they stand at the baddest places ever, not good mod I think...

Had fun and I'm hoping for some points again :)

maan what a tough one it was. had a bad mineshaft. CFH. and a couple of spins. otherwise. it was all nice and smooth im hopping for some good results. on my class.

good luck to everyone

Crazy times! Dissertation hand-in took over, no practise for this one, so straight to the tracks, we all know how that goes...:)

ss1: First thought: has it been this long since I played? Are the damp conditions this different? Then I realised that I maybe actually chose tarmac intermediates, turned out I was right... had a crash that damaged the gearbox a bit, but managed to finish.
ss2: Zombie stage: hitting a tree here, hitting a rock there, suspension damaged and alternator failures, then bonnet up, but the car kept going! Survived to the end.
ss3: This time hit a tree head on at low speed, but was enough to damage the radiator. The car had enough halfway through.

ss4: Now with good tires, felt much better this time. Good stage for me...
ss5: ...But felt too good too soon, flipped and destoyed the car maybe 200m from the start on this one.
ss6: Kept it steady throughout. Took a long jump, in control, but it was DEATH ON IMPACT.

ss7: Find this stage much easier than its tarmac version. No spins or collisions, good stage for me.
ss8: Fast start, but a hefty crash damaged the gearbox badly. Trailed to the finish, but decidedto repair the car at the end.
ss9: (skipped for repairs)
ss10: Fast stage, small moment on a fast left on the uphill. After the highspeed straight broke down hard and geared down to reverse! Very good stage for me.

ss11: This went really well for me, one of my favourite stages.
ss12: Went well and smoothly, finally got within less than a second of Roy Schroten!
ss13: Again fast, big moment at the deep ruts. Then a small roll, but kept going. But braking hard on the highspeed straight, strayed to the left and headed into a tree, the alternator didn't let me go further.
ss14: Stupid mistake of not paying attention, went too fast on the first right hander, hit the shed and killed the car.

A lot of red ink for me, that's what can happen with no practise. Should be out of the points this time, but still enjoyed the rally very much! Thanks Warren for setting the server up, and to all the organising team as well, great job :)

I finished this Rally, I was hoping to challenge the hyper quick Tiago on EU1 that's why I joined but he couldn't run this session so I was on my own against some S2000 and WRC drivers. It was a good Rally overall, I didn't retire this time and I'm very glad about that but I think I won't be able to challenge for first place this time because I had two big incidents, on stage 6 I went off and had to call for help wich cost me 30+ seconds and on stage 13 I had a big roll, I'm glad those problems didn't turn into retirements and even if I had those accidents I'm happy that I finished the Rally this time and that means good points for both championships, it's still early so that's the most important thing. I have to thank Fernando for the setup help, I could pass over the bumps like they weren't there and they wouldn't upset the car even a bit. I saw some spectators putting rocks in the road on stages 7 and 14, I guess that can happen on any Rally :)

Maybe the toughest Rally from this championship that I've competed in, felt very long and keeping concentration was very difficult, the first 3 stages were great but the rest was difficult and the last 4 I was just cruising to the finish.

I'll be very happy if I can get a podium. Good job everyone, good luck Fernando and everyone who's left to run.

Big thanks to the organizers!!

Hello,

What a nightmare rally for me. Went into the rally with no recce and hadn't driven the car since the last RD Round. First stage was really bad, had no rhythm at all and was making plenty of mistakes. Second stage was going alright until had to cfh. Third stage was even worse, 2 cfh. However after the first 3 stages things went alright, and posted 1 fastest stage time on ss6 and a couple of 2nd and 3rd fastest time but was still far off the pace. Was enjoying the rally until the last stage where i decided to push maximum, was ahead about 5 seconds on the first split until i hit those famous barrels, my stupid co-driver decided to call the barrels after I had hit them, and had to retire.

Overall was a fun rally and looking forward to the next one, and I've also learnt a lesson to do some recce prior to the event.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to do the event

:)

Hello,

What a nightmare rally for me. Went into the rally with no recce and hadn't driven the car since the last RD Round. First stage was really bad, had no rhythm at all and was making plenty of mistakes. Second stage was going alright until had to cfh. Third stage was even worse, 2 cfh. However after the first 3 stages things went alright, and posted 1 fastest stage time on ss6 and a couple of 2nd and 3rd fastest time but was still far off the pace. Was enjoying the rally until the last stage where i decided to push maximum, was ahead about 5 seconds on the first split until i hit those famous barrels, my stupid co-driver decided to call the barrels after I had hit them, and had to retire.

Overall was a fun rally and looking forward to the next one, and I've also learnt a lesson to do some recce prior to the event.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to do the event

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back