RDRC S3 Round 3 - Rallye Terre De L'Auxerrois (27 Aug - 31 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe I got a rar file and then I followed the readme instructions: "Copy all 3 folders (FX, Plugins and RX_CONTENT) to your RBR main directory." Probably downloaded the wrong one... Anyway good luck to everybody! Maybe someday I will actually finish a rally =)

I am stupid :(:( I had (dont know why) automatic gearbox in settings on... when I went to start, I pulled clutch and reved the engine and I got penalty for early start, clutch is automatic and I had to drive the whole stage with an automat.. terrible, I lost a lot of time!

Had a horrid debut. Couldn't believe how things went.

I only finished about 7 stages. I had to retire from SS2 and SS5 because BTB crashed so that counted as a retirement (BTW retiring from a Rallyx Stage = death). I messed up and put on intermediates in the bad weather stages.... really REALLY screwed myself there so my times were minutes slower than what they should have. Literally the only bright spot was SS9 where I ran close to what my PB runs (despite messing up a few times in the downhill hairpins).

My problem was I was practicing the stages on dry and perfect conditions, so when the bad weather rolls around I was completely caught off guard... I'll start practicing different conditions in R4.

Cheers guys, was good fun.

Its not fair.. it just isnt... I was aiming to TOP 10 overall, I knew I could do that.. I had amazing rally, car was very suitable to my style... I did few mistakes yes, then 1 CFH... I stopped thinking of TOP 10 overall, but still I was sure to be in TOP 10 in my class.. then, SS 10 - I got from nothing (!) water overheating... engine stalled 2 km before the finish... I said OK - there is still a chance... SS 11 I had fast ride, but again from nothing (!) water overheating, engine stalled before sector 2... I am so pissed off, the game just f*** with me

Im so pissed at this FWD crapcar. Finally I can move on and take my N14 :)

Anyways about the rally. Well, I wasnt paying close attention to it because I knew I cant do anything anyways. 4 BTB stages meant that I`ve ended the rally before I even started it. But I still competed.

SS-1: Wasnt used to the FWD (Hadnt any practice on this after Celica event).. Many small mistakes, nothing much but did mistakes all the time.
SS-2: Well.. BTB, had to retire of course.. =Z
SS-3: Rolled over, crashed, spun...... another huge crash - holed radiator, stuck on 2nd gear so I had to call for help to get out of.. wherever I was..
SS-4 and SS-5: BTB - automatic retirement.
SS-6: It was fun, first night stage in my career, I really enjoyed it, was driving really slowly and carefully. Yet I misunderstood the pacenotes and took completely wrong turn at reasonable speed which made me roll over the car. Nothing too bad happened but I lost time.
SS-7: Was fun again even though I had huge crash and few spins.
SS-8: Just got sick of it and retired, its impossible to kill the car. I was making so huge crashes and it just kept going, so I retired even though the engine was still on.
SS-9: It was fun
SS-10: Just messing around.. Already bored and without any aim.
SS-11: Was so pissed that I didnt even start that stage
SS-12: Again BTB

Well as I said - I didnt expect nothing, just did it to get grade 2 and get N14. :) Hopefully there will be less BTB`s until I get my new graphic card.

Thanks for the rally though :)

Thanks again to the organisers and all the competitors, great rally even though I broke my car.

Bent the steering on ss1, then had to do limbo with a list to the right.

Broke the prop shaft on the first few bends of ss7, and (my mate jonny who was here) decided I should run that and the next ss joux plane, thats two whole ss's with a broke drive train (lots of noise no drive) rather than retire, I think that was the best decision!

After that it all went quite well other than not being able to hear the co-driver over my sobbing....

cheers
jc

Started slow and steady, after the cock up down under felt like i needed a finish to restore some confidence.All was going well untill SS7, slid wide into fence and had to retire with damaged oil cooler and rad. Was a bit annoyed as up to that point had not put so much as a scratch on car, plus car hit rear first, so felt a bit hard done by.After service had a good run, just a slight spin on SS11. Overall had a good rally, have only just got new GT3RS V2 plus CSP (birthday present to self, 45 today folks) so still trying to get to grips with new brake pedal. Load cell feels completely different!. Anyhow thanks to all off for well earned beer.

great event again

yesss, EU3 was terrific, 26 guys in one session, loved it!

s01 just carefully trying to find my rhythm after some bad starts to other rally events, was shocked when out of the blue my co said: trouble with the gearbox ... must have been his idea of a joke, nothing came of it.
s02 enjoyed this stage immensely, after one training run I aimed for a 6:00 and finished in 5:58, happy
s03 felt worse than the first run but was actually 8 secs faster, never trust your feelings, no matter what the Jedi say
s04 another run 8secs faster than first time round, really getting into the swing of things now
s05 nice run crashed out just as the voice off declared the stage finished, lucky.

overall a well-controlled first day with no CFHs and no serious mistakes, pleased with myself and positioned in 15th of 26 which is more or less what I expected.

here come the horror stages, the idea was to just survive in one piece :)
s06 I had trained this one the other way round, took me some secs to realize what was going on; still haven't figured out how to do hairpins downhil in wet, an embarrassing run, had to reverse three times out of the bushes, but car thankfully only a little scratched
s07 a great run uphill with some fine drifting but a dreadful one downhill with another two hairpins overshot, car still fine, crossed as many fingers as possible
s08 first small incident of the night, hit a small tree with 7.1 km to go, which is a long time if your radiator is making this mean hissing sound, a 180 degree turn close to finish rounded off a not so good stage, but basically happy to survive the first half of day2
s09 safety first, not spectacular but keeping the car intact for the long afternoon ahead
s10 a good run until I overshot the very very last hairpin (lack of concentration as my brain said "brake" while my foot was clearly asleep / somewhere else) and got stuck between two trees, had to CFH with all of 30m to go :(
s11 nice clean run, especially the uphill part which I invariably like more on all the French stages
s12 funny feeling with gravel inters on tarmac, lost 10 secs compared to first run

overall an almost clean rally, probably a little too much on the safe side for points but hugely enjoyable nonetheless, looking forward to results, thx all concerned and my 25 fellow players in EU3!

Apart from a killed spectator on SS1 and 3 spins on SS2, it is clear what car I really should be driving this season... Did a normal, consistant Roy-run in the S2000 Fabia, and ended 6th in EU3 I think. It felt so good having a car that I could position exactly where I wanted when I got used to attacking with it again :) A messed up season for me, though, I should have stayed where I belong :tongue:

Thanks again for a tough but fun rally guys, see you next time :)

Needed to get a solid finish today to make up for the disaster that was Round 2.

Things started excellently, with me on my roof, 30 seconds into SS1.
I let a cool stream trickle through my mind, dousing the angry angry fire that had just ignited.
I trimmed an imaginary bonsai as the spectators kindly helped me the right way up again.
Rage successfully suppressed, things improved from there.

Couple of small errors, but generally a great day 1, and faster on the second run through the stages is always a bonus.
(Btw - Limbo is lovely - great work JJ)

Onto day 2, a cautious run through the bad conditions - it was actually mentally exhausting - and got away with just a few small moments. Stages started to dry out and SS11 felt amazing - maybe because we were finally back in pleasant conditions - and even though the final time didn't set the clock on fire, that was big grin territory coming down the mountain. :)

In the end, I was 8th, 7 seconds off John. Totally looking at you SS1.

Overall, another great selection of stages and conditions, Rick, man.
Thanks to all who come out to support the league - things are bustling in the RDRC!

Oh, and respect to Shane Warne for staying out of it this time.
I'm off to spend the next week wincing every time I see a small wooden fence.

Replays for the Senad

Hadn't practices much at all, ran stages in the dry two weeks ago and didn't run at all last week due to moving down to college, picked up the wheel yesterday and ran every stage's weather conditions once and left it for tonight to sort out.

SS1: Tried not to die, went decent.
SS2: Tried not to die, ended up going fast.
SS3: Tried not to die, a hair slower than before but safely through.
SS4: Tried to go faster, had a decently quick time.
SS5: Went OK, had a couple bad turns but decent.

SS6: Drove like a granny on her way to Sunday Mass, did not push at all.
SS7: Tried not to die, went decently quick.
SS8: Tried not to die, went really quick for the conditions.
SS9: Had a great run, decently quick.
SS10: Went pretty fast.
SS11: Completely zoned in, had a great run.
SS12: Kept it clean and tidy with zero traction.

Had a ton of fun this round, thanks to everyone who put it on.

Here's my replays: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30098857/RDRC.Rd3.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play