RDRC S3 Round 3 - Rallye Terre De L'Auxerrois (27 Aug - 31 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rick, I'm not 100% sure what the procedure is to change your slot, but my school just got word that hurricane irene might be blowing up through the college/town and my internet's been pretty dodgy atm.

Is it alright I change my time from EU2 today to EU2 monday (tomorrow)?

I apologize for any inconvenience

SS1: ok, nothing more, nothing less.
SS2: Retired.

SS3: Retired
SS4:This might be the strangest/most frustrating/idiotic thing I've seen in RBR, I went trough some bushes, but couldn't get back through them again and on to the road. Retired! :p
SS5: A stage for showing. Lots of drifting, and two spins! ooorah!

SS6:I am already out of contention for any good points. So when I took the radiator, I retired - to have a good car on the next stage.
SS7:I should just give up really.
SS8: I gave up.

So. when all comes to all, it's been way to long time since I tried RBR, and I didn't expect the FFB to work, so I didn't set time to practice. That cost me dearly. Anyway, now everything works, so, from now on I have no excuses. I have the PC to run every single game that exists on max without problems and I now have a working G27 with RBR.
It will be a hard time in the future, the only reason I have to not do good rallies in the future is myself. I don't like that! :p

It will be a hard time in the future, the only reason I have to not do good rallies in the future is myself. I don't like that! :p

We can swap, you can get my overheating pc and my overused Driving Force Pro that changes the center of the wheel when turning fast to a side, and you would understand why I got a lot of retirements.. :wink:

SS1 : Nervous as you can get. I haven't done one of these rallies in far too long and it sure feels like it. I start off slow and am feeling very comfortable by the end of the stage. No incidents, no close calls. All smiles.

SS2 : Limbo was a real suprise to me when I drove through it originally and was again this time. What a brilliantly built stage, that and the flow to the turns makes it a pleasure to drive and almost wills you on to push your car harder and throw the back around.

SS3 : Back to Bisanne II and with no hard feelings at all. Very similar to my first run through only 2 seconds faster so once again no complaints.

SS4 : Limbo again and as with the second run through Bisanne II a couple of seconds faster and just as much fun as before.

SS5 : Rallycross stage and what a chance to throw it around and just have some fun. Nothing fast but clean nonetheless and a solid first day completed.

(Pee break)

SS6 : Why on earth is the an actual possible stage to do. I couldn't see anything, the front end grip was non-existant. Getting to the downhill sections at the end made me need a second pee break far easier than I expected. Still, a clean stage and a working car, I can't ask for much more.

SS7 : Joux Verte II was probably my favorite stage of the rally, the flow was good and the pacenotes felt to suit the way I was driving through the stage, very clean, fairly brisk... another one down.

SS8 : DNF. 200m from the finish I overcook it and hit a tree head on. The engine is dead, the car is dead and the fustration of it all nearly kills me. However if you want to DNF this is the stage to do it as you only really loose 2-3 minutes of time and wont necessarily loose out on the overall result too badly.

SS9 : A cool head and no massive mistakes through Cote d'arborz II for the second time and a darn sight more pleasant than SS6 with the time of day and weather being ever so positive on this stage.

SS10 : Joux Verte... brilliant stage again, thoroughly enjoyed it and really threw the car about with a renewed sense of confidence after the hash that was SS8.

SS11 : A score needed to be settled and with a fast and 100% clean run through Joux Plane II it is.

SS12 : The rallycross is a kind end to what was a very tough and demanding rally. A quick time helps round off what was for me one of my better rallies at RaceDepartment.com. The DNF will cost me no doubt, but a top 10 in class and some points in the bag is not off of the cards so far as I can see.

Best of luck to everyone yet to run.

Oscar.

Well, I was very tired because of the last few days (I travelled a lot, more than 500 km), and I haven't got enough time to practice so much (last week I only tried the 2 BTB stages & Bisanne 2), so I haven't expected a top10 result. :)

My main goal was to finish the rally and stay on the road as much as possible, and of course, take care of my Fiesta. :)

SS1: did a mistake, that mean my engine started to lose cooling from meters to meters, so I have to take care of shifting to not to overheat the engine. :)

SS2: I have to take care of the engine, some little slip-off from the road, it was ok :)

SS3: this time my Bisanne 2 run was clear, no big mistakes :)

SS4: it was good too :)

SS5: it was as interesting stage for me, I don't like so much these kind of rallycross tracks :) (btw why was it familiar for me? I mean somewhere I drove on this track (maybe in DiRT1?) )

SS6: not so fast (but so slow :D ), I had a spin and a slip-off from the road, but I could stayed so close on this stage to Oscar's time (the difference between was less then 10 seconds)

SS7: I really like this stage, only made one mistake, fortunately I could continue :)

SS8: once hit the tree, some little mistake, but it was ok :)

SS9: nothing special, one off from the road, ok

SS10: I was starting to think that 'It looks like I get away from the retirements' - when I enter into a medium right turn with high speed, and on the other side there was a wooden barrier. I tried to hit the back of the car to the barrier, but somehow it hit the front of the car, too, which meant that my engine blew off. First retirement :(

SS11: I took care much more on the car this stage, so I didn't do huge mistakes :)

SS12: one spun, but it was ok :)

I was a little bit wondered that I only had one retirements; this rally could be one of my best finish here. :)

It looks like the tactics what I used on the Hungarian championship's ADAC Rally Deustchland round, was worked well here too: I didn't take any risk, I was a little bit slower/stage as usual, but I only did one huge mistake. :)

I would like to thank for the organisers for this rally (and for let me to join on Sunday instead of Saturday), and for Oscar & (especially for) Kevin for the close battle during the 12 stages. :)

Good luck for everybody & congratulations for those who completed the rally! :)

Yes, I installed and selected the RBR folder to install, and it created a BTBRS folder. But I cannot find these packs in the downdrop menu... Maybe, it will be fine in the "Public Session" mode, and the probelm is just in the "Play Alone" mode.

If it's not showing in the Play Alone menu selection, it is unlikely to show for Public sessions, I think.
I'd suggest you try to re-install it.

All you need to do is to download this file:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=8399
Then click the installer, and let it install. Just make sure it points to your RBR installation.
Maybe there was a conflict somewhere because you unzipped it to your RXRBR Folder previously, I'd try removing that one. My RXRBR Folder is empty.

In the BTBRS Folder, you should have the Pack_BTBRallycross zip file (7z). if it is not showing in the main RSCenter track selection menu with all of the normal tracks, you may not have the latest version of the Country pack. Make sure to download it again.

If it's not showing in the Play Alone menu selection, it is unlikely to show for Public sessions, I think.
I'd suggest you try to re-install it.

All you need to do is to download this file:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=8399
Then click the installer, and let it install. Just make sure it points to your RBR installation.
Maybe there was a conflict somewhere because you unzipped it to your RXRBR Folder previously, I'd try removing that one. My RXRBR Folder is empty.

In the BTBRS Folder, you should have the Pack_BTBRallycross zip file (7z). if it is not showing in the main RSCenter track selection menu with all of the normal tracks, you may not have the latest version of the Country pack. Make sure to download it again.
u
Hi! Thanks for the help! I was about to write, that the problem has solved.What you showed was downloaded already, but I installed update 03 and update 05 (which contains the 4 new BTB TPs) and after it worked fine! :):letsgoracing:

I just tried the btb sweden one...

seemed like i didn't had the btb sweden stage...

Got it from rallysim, now my car is glued on that track and can't go above 40 Km/h, somebody else have this problem??
I really can't figure out what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies