RDRC S2 - Round 3 - Coffs Harbour Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all switching - no need to ask, just start in the session that suits, maybe mention it in the thread. I try to follow those comments, but as long as you're singed up once it's not a problem to just start in another session.

All those comments about the hardships increase the pressure, as I plan on rallying tomorrow. Right now I'm working full power on the points counting system. Also glad to see Ondrej finally on course to the track and really bummed to hear about Senad's problems.

@Jakub, Robb - I need to see this as well :D

Over all a good Rally for me despite a lot CFH, until the last stage Act Ivato, when I arrive on the first L corner my steering was complete off could not get through the corners at all very strange ( had no problems in mine shaft at all ) it looks like a bug try to run it slow in second gear but no luck,after one lap I hit escape the only stage with a retirement !
Second run on Mine Shaft did a PB like it a lot nice Rally over all,

Thanks for organising, en all who participated, good luck EU 4

Sometimes when everyone is saying they are having a bad rally I think "ooooh I might have a shot at some points!"

Then I remember that your guy's bad rally is better than my good rally! :)

SS1 - 3 spins.
SS2 - Very defensive, okay time.
SS3 - A roll, CFH and finally hit a tree head on, and had first gear for the final 3 km.

SS4 - Went off heavily early and retied.
SS5 - Rolled and hit a spectator - CFH.

SS6 - Flat out all the way - fastest in class tonight :)
SS7 - Quite fast here aswell, okay time.
SS8 - Okay, nothing more, nothing less.
SS9 - A mutch faster run without all the silly mistakes this time around

SS10 - I bellieve I rolled here also, but not sure.
SS11 - Rolled halfway and hit some spectators - CFH
SS12 - Again flat out all the way, were off the road at one point and lost 3 seconds.
SS13 - A mutch better run than last time, and a new PB for me, even beating my WRC record :)
SS14 - 1 spin

Again a hard rally where I felt like I was up the creek with no canoe in the early parts. Drove the final half of the rally in anger with myself, and did some good times. I do not expect any points this time, so I hope for a couple of stagewins instead :wink:

Attachments

• mineshaft.JPG
    mineshaft.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 224
another fantastic event with one stupid mistake that may have cost my second points finish :(

s01 I really need to get a grip on my nerves, felt dreadful all way round but time was ok, 1 sec off PB, 15th of 24
s02 three small mistakes, the last one ripping off my co-drivers door, fellow complained all the way to the finish, lol. 30secs off PB 16/24 overall 16/24
s03 a long slog in ..., one little off, gravel tires made for some funny behaviour in breakzones, 23 secs off PB 13/24 overall 15/24

s04 really nice rhythm, did a stupid 180 degree with 0.4 km to go, still new PB by 10secs :), 17/24 overall 13/24
s05 disaster at 1.5 km, misjudged a slide just a little, hit tree, gear stuck in 4th, CFH, gladly downhill from there so I could continue, finished 21/24 50secs off PB overall 15/24
s06 gear stuck in 1st, did half the stage to remind myself of the layout, then retired, 4mins lost :( :( :( 21/24 overall
s07 very difficult to trust in what you are doing after the mishap you've just been through, still quite a good run, 7 secs off PB, 17/24 overall 20/24, 1 min down to my teammate Roman, decided to try and catch him on the final leg.

s08 with not much to lose went in quite aggressively and lucked out two times, made up 50 secs on Roman, 18/24 overall 20/24
s09 good overall pace, one 180 degree didn't cost much time, first stage I enjoyed after my mishap 15/24 overall 19/24

s10 still hunting Roman letting it all loose for once and did a great run, 12 secs faster than old PB! 15/24 overall 19/24
s11 always difficult to face a stage you f... up last time, just meant to cruise ended up equalizing my PB, lol. 16/24 overall 19/24, 25 secs down to Roman
s12 never liked this stage at all, just surviving, missed PB by 5secs, 17/24 overall 19/24 Roman at 40 secs, decided to give up the chase and wrap up the event safely.
s13 nice rhythmic run, at first split only 0.4 away from Roman, very careful jump because one stage still to follow, finished 4 secs off PB, luckily for me there were many retirements so I found myself in 13/24 and 16/24 overall :)
s14 nice final run, new PB by 1 secs and only 0.14 between fellow BlueFlagger Krister and myself. 11/24 my best result of the night :) finished EU3 in 15 of 24 (with 4 players dropping out, so 20 still running)

another great mix of stages, loved the weather analysis one had to do before the event, well done all admins and thx for putting this up, cannot wait for results (my guess: 14th in class, 21st overall)

Not really happy with my run but acceptable as i only did 1 training run beforehand. Everything was going well...ish untill 1st Mineshaft run where i put 1 wheel over edge and got sucked in. CFH and car damaged a bit but was lucky as it was the last stage before service.
At the last service i was only a few seconds down on Tor and not to far from Jakub so decided to push for the last 5 stages. And thats when i've made my biggest mistake right at the start of ss10. On a very high speed part of East-West i clipped something and the car went into a barrel roll, i think i rolled more then 10 times before grinding to a hold, on a side of course. CFH. My heart sunk as i had another 4 stages to go but somehow the car survived without major damage, only front splitter gone and suspension bent. So for the next stages i was driving with a car thats wanted to turn left and not so keen on turning right. My fight was over and i concentrated on finishing the rally without any more off's. 4th at the end, about 2 min 40 sec down on Sebastien.

All in all: 2xCFH , 4 major spins & 2 stage wins in EU3. On a positive note; i've made a major breakthrough with my wheel setup ( after 1.5 years of driving this sim :redface: ), now i don't suffer horrible understeer anymore, so much easier & pleasurable to drive :).

Congrats to Sebastien, Jakub & Tor for the EU3 podium, thx to the organizers & RD, WD all pilots. GL to EU4.

Following Senad's instructions and common sense US4 means US Tuesday evening. I've also put the US entries at the bottom to suggest that they are AFTER EU and OC too.

I don't know if you all realized, that we've just surpassed the R1 number of entries. I like that :).

I am sorry, but i made a mistake choosing car when i logged into the EU3 session of Round 3 yesterday. After a little hassle to download the update with to little time, and installing packs again prior to the race i did not see that the car choice had changed. I am ready for taking a penalty for this if the board thinks that is apropriate. Althoug the car i was ment to use was the Subaru S14 WRC08, but unfortunately it was the Subaru S12 WRC08 I used.

Following Senad's instructions and common sense US4 means US Tuesday evening. I've also put the US entries at the bottom to suggest that they are AFTER EU and OC too.

Yeah, I almost always put the time I need just to eliminate confusion, but since in round 1 my Monday session was considered US4, I thought I was safe. Oh well, thats rally, you gotta be 100% sure you are in the right place at the precise time. Shoulda read the supps.

I won't be able to make the session tomorrow, so good luck to those yet to run!

Really bad rallye for me, one retired (my first in my carreer) and one CFH before the first service. What a bad starting !

I have to push for trying to catch all the time I can, with a risky style.
My second half of the rallye was better, with two good time on my favorite SS.

1 stage win and I finish 5th of the EU3 session with one retired and one CFH.
I'm really disapointed to have my retired here because I was really enjoyed by the SS choice.

Good luck for the next session and thanks to the staff !

A disappointing run for me here, probably down to lack of practice for this one. Had a bit of shaky start and rolled a couple of times in the opening stages, but luckily landed back on my wheels both times and avoided cfhs. The 2nd set of stages went reasonably well and I was looking on track to maybe grab a few class points at this point. However from Stage 9 it all went wrong for me - my game minimized itself halfway through that stage and forced me to retire. After that I'd lost all hope of points and combined with a lack of concentration meant I crashed a lot in the final stages. To top it off I got stuck behind some buggy scenery on the final stage. :(

7 drivers for OC4-should be fun..

And it was :)

Sorry to see Samuli and Daryl run into issues..

Was hoping to catch Damien at the end, but he drove a solid rally..

My misfortune was about 3 spins and one cfh-about a minute's worth of errors..

Did set a scratch for the session :D

Luck to all

James

Summary

Awful rally for me and really is a good reminder I'm still a noob in RBR...

Given the DQ in previous rally, my strategy here was to go MAXIMUM ATAK all the way to get a top position and still keep my championship dreams alive. With these stages I think it's easy to make huge differences since they are pretty much flat out with N group.

Of course this means high risks, and my risk taking didn't work today. :poop:

Chose wrong set of tyres to 1st stages.
Setup didn't load for New Bobs, not once.
One retired
2 CFH
Lot's of small mistakes.

It was pretty hard to keep motivation on since I pretty much sucked all the way. Even a top 10 finish in Championship will be a surprise for me.

It was very good. My plan to secure rally, but was caught in the competitive spirit. There were several small errors in two of my request for assistance to slip down the line. The last stage, the government went all the settings and I noticed this after the start. I did not understand.
I set the brake only, you can see those times to be enough.
Congratulations to everyone waiting for the next rally.

Man, that was a tough one, very demanding on concentration and physically too.

I had some amazing luck early, especially on SS3 (New Bobs, always my problem stage). I slid off and ended up nose first into a tree, but very slowly, then the message came across that the engine was overheating and I had most of the Stage left to drive. I was sure I would not finish before the engine died, but I short shifted and kept the revs very low. Amazingly, I made it to the end. :rolleyes: Thank goodness it was the final stage before service.
Then at SS7 (Mineshaft) I went too fast over one of the ridges only to find that the road swept to the right and I was heading very fast for the valley below. I just gunned it and somehow it flew over the valley and landed on the other side, without noticeable damage to the car.
I also put the car on two wheels at Greenhills but it miraculously rolled back onto all four wheels again.

I think I was like a cat using up 9 lives. :eek:

Thanks to Damien for the TS (allowing us to plan team strategies for tyres):wink:.
Well done to Atilla for winning the OC4 Session, although he must have had some damage over the last couple of stages as I was able to start catching him a bit (but he was still way in front :) ).
As usual, Damien and I had many stages where we were within a second of each other, but I was a tad more consistent tonight.

Thanks to Rick and his Team for dreaming up this challenge, these Rallys are certainly giving us all a good test. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes