RDRC S2 - Round 3 - Coffs Harbour Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I had a problem with starting of the rally!

I logged into my session just a minute to the start, but the RScenter froze at the -10sec alert chime! I also found that the flash player crashed in the browser window too! I went to the task manager & killed the rscenter & restarted it, but couldn't join in the session even to the 2nd stage onwards.. as I was a couple of mins late to the start of the first stage!!

Does the 'alert chime' uses the flash player engine? Can I join in the next session, as I didn't had enough time to check the weather settings of the rally, not even the first stage! I swear I am not cheating in any sort!! please!!

Can I join in the next session, as I didn't had enough time to check the weather settings of the rally, not even the first stage! I swear I am not cheating in any sort!! please!!

I have sent a Pm to Ashok already regarding this.

As much as it is difficult for me to say it we CANNOT allow re-starts. I understand that it is difficult when this happens to a driver, however any re-run that is allowed opens the door for others to take advantage of it. This is a difficult rule for me to enforce but it must be upheld. Any issues such as this should be viewed as a mechanical retirement. Sometimes the car just won't start.

We do not believe that Ashok Revanna had any intention of cheating.

Well I understand the organisers situation too!

It was frustrating when I logged in with my friend sitting behind me to watch me drive, he left laughing with the situation & also very frustrating when I received the PM.:frown:

Anyways there is the real WRC videos of 2011 Mexico video to make me sane for the day!!:redface:

All the best to others who are battling here online!! :)

Well that was both difficult and rewarding.

Only myself and James C driving in OC2 and with a large difference between the cars we are driving it became a challenge to keep my driving at the right pace.

In SS7 i over stepped that pace, clipping a bank and sliding down a hill. Lucky for me there was minimal damage and into sevice after the stage. It didn't change the fact that i dropped almost a minute.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is driving for the rest of the sessions. This one is a hard one.

Sorry, any chance I could reschedule to Monday? Thanks.

Feel free, no problems with that.

Pity about your situation, Ashok. It would've been hard for me to make the decision Rick's made, but unfortunately we can't allow ourselves to make exceptions from the more important rules as he pointed out. Only advice I can give you for future is to shut down the browser when gaming, or at least close the flash videos that are opened. They tend to consume quite a good deal of resourced over time.

Well kevin, for my next rally I am aiming to 'raise my game' to 'shocker' level.
This being my first rd rally I unfortunately:

Made to rookie mistake of not understanding the tarmac dry tyres I chose would be on the car till next service. Tar tyres on gravel aint fun.
I then crashed trying to make up.
Retired and called for help numerous times.

So next race I am aiming to go from 'so bad im still grumpy' to 'shocker' level... steep learning curve lol.

jc
(HH_BF1)

(ps. brilliant fun, very intense, any suggestions how to smooth out the dents on my desk from where I kept thumping it with my head in utter dismay between stages =0) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back