RDRC S2 - Round 2 - Alpine Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU3 "rally report"...

sniiiiiiiifffffffff....
icon_sad.gif

i was on a really good way until Bisane...
icon_sad.gif

crashed there and car broken for the two next stage...
had 3 CFH and 1 "retired"(repaired the car between stage 11 and 12)
i think i have(for EU3session and N4 S2000 class) 2 "win stages"... stupid Bisane...
icon_wink.gif

btw, can someone tell me how its possible to have a retired and stay with only 10sec behind the winner of the stage?

Didn't have much time to prepare this rally, but I am happy with the result. No retirements, and altough I hit the viewers once on Joux Plane and had 3 spins in the first runs of it and atleast 1 crash on every other and I had a crash on Alpes both times, the other stages went really good. I even took some stage wins in our session :) (and the others I was a few tenths from Jakub :))

Next event is in the Australian gravel which I really love, so I hope to find some more time to get to know some more dangerous spots, then I can push a bit more and take some more risks

edit: Greg, he probably retired after the finish

Well the few car services...kills me ... my Scooby can't resist this hard rally and in the second passage through the Alps my car dead with 69% of the special done :( ... Now waiting to score some points.
(=

Not glad how my rally ended, Bisanne after1-2 km hit a small tree on low speed an killed the engine,I decided to repair the car because there are 2 Stages left (missed Alps I now) started SS12 but something very wrong with the steering,could not hold the car on the road after 5 times of quit the stage ,so 3 retirements Dam (sorry).

The Rally started ok for me no big problems some CFH was even faster on the Night stage then the day stage (2 CFH)
The first 3 stages small mistakes an CFH (nerves) the second part all three times faster.

SS 7 Bisanne I had the most problems in training but was OK this time
SS 8 Alps going ok to, but some lagging
SS 9 a bit slower than the rev. version but ok

An the rest is history,

Thanks Guys for putting it together, all an all I had a good time

I am very happy with my rally. Was not really that fast, but consistency does help on a rally like this. Looking like I won the EU3-session of the N4/s2000-class, so I am exited to see where this do put me overall in the rally :)

Thanks for setting up these events, enjoyed myself despite I could not attack like I did in the first round :)

Very pleased with how that went today - one of my best performance for a while. I may not have been the fastest out there, but I felt very comfortable with the conditions and so only had 1 CFH and a couple of minor spins in the whole rally.
To top it off my teammate Samuli had a great run too so hopefully we can get some decent points. :drink:

NOTE: I did have a small problem with my net near the end though - it seemed to slow to a crawl and wouldn't load the results tables. Hopefully my times registered, but I have the times, screenshot & replays saved in case they didn't.

Up to Rick to decide if it's necessary. Not sure if it's in the rules, though, maybe he doesn't have a replay saved.

In the meantime, you can try it for yourself, and see what happens.

If you retire from a stage RSRBR will show retired by your name for all of your stages untill the next service.

Example: SS2 for this rally I retired. On SS3 i finished the stage with no issues and set a time but it showed retired next to my name. After service the "retired" was gone.

It is not a bug, it is the way RSRBR and the "official" championships run.

A couple of people have mentioned problems with Alps in this rally. Guys, you need to remember that we have all of the Non-original stages listed in the main championship thread. You NEED to try ALL of them ASAP. The rules thread state:

During the course of the championship, a selection of non-original stages will be used. In an effort to make sure these stages run smoothly in the event themselves, these stages are listed below to allow any RDRC driver to test them completely. Should a driver experience difficulty running these stages because of random failures or high graphics level requirements they should report this to the event organisers no later than 6 weeks prior to the start of the rally using that stage.

This was posted in November so you can try out the stages. There is no point telling us you are having problems with the stage on the weekend of the event, there is nothing we can do about it then.

great fun, what a very well designed event, kudos!

s01 started off very well but after getting stuck in one hairpin I switched back to safety mode (it's in my genes I guess) and just tried to get through. 17th of 19, PB+15secs
s02 my first one and only CFH of the rally: just before turning 90 degrees into the downhill section lost it under breaking, luckily hit no spectators, 16th of 19, 16th of 19 overall PB+19 secs
s03 great run, only one small spin but managed to rejoin quickly, bested my PB by 20 secs!!!, 13th of 19, overall 13th of 19 as well

s04 with adrenalin still high after that great s03 I did a couple of smallish mistakes and ended up 18secs adrift of PB, 17th of 19, overall still 13th
s05 nice and smooth run, stupid mistake in last corner cost me five secs but still 10 secs below PB, emotional climax of the rally, 14th of 19, 13th overall
s06 cautious but fluent run, bested my old nightime pB by 2hundredths of a second, lol. 12th, 13th overall

great first half of rally, two PBs and one PB equalized, only 22 secs away from cumulative PB. Took a little break now and never quite got back the concentration I had before.

s07 cautious run, 12 secs slower than PB but happy to get through unscathed, 10th (?)
s08 cautious again, easy to twist suspension hitting the rocks along the track and other stuff, Rick did 2nd best stage time which is not a good sign since he was running 3 min. behind me and obviously started a furious comeback, 8th of 17, overall still 12th
s09 little crash with 400m to go cost about 10 secs, PB+18 secs, 10th, overall still 12th, Rick only 1min. down.

s10 good clean run of Bisanne, best stage in 2nd half, bested PB by 4secs and very happy about that, 12th and 11th overall, Rick only 55secs away ...
s11 most dreadful stage of the night but extremely lucky to get through: one 180 degree spin, one flip, both landed on track in right direction :) but hit one of the white blocks drifting and had huge wobble rear left after that. PB+13secs, 10th, overall still 11th but Rick zoomed past with another great pos.2 on Alpes.
s12 wobble was very distracting, especially breaking into turns, just bringing it home in one piece, PB+20secs, 13th and 11th overall, which for me is a great result.

waiting for overall results, I might get into the top 20 in my class :)

whole event took 2 hours, really feeling fatigue on last three stages ... thx admins for a superb event and all the work involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 83 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 21 17.8%