RDRC S2 - Round 2 - Alpine Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing RBR is doing something very weird. It jammed before I could enter SS1 and also for SS3, Got retired times for both????

Can I start another time to EU3 or OC4 session or is my rally just ****ed now?

EDIT: By jamming i mean the camera just goes left and right on Richard Burns face...

EDIT2: I still have 8 minutes before I have to start SS4 or i get retired from that too, what should i do?

EDIT3: 3 minutes before I get retired from SS5.

EDIT4: Missed half of the stages now. Nobody is around. I've decided to pull the plug and join some other session, let the organizers decide...

After a lot of diccussion and stress between the organising team it has been decided that Samuli Leinonen's first entered session will stand. He is free to drive in any other session however those times will not be valid. While we do not doubt that his retirements has been caused by a technical issue and there was no intent to cheat the rules are clear and must be followed. No re-run will be allowed for any reason.

This was posted in November so you can try out the stages. There is no point telling us you are having problems with the stage on the weekend of the event, there is nothing we can do about it then.

I posted multiple times that I had FPS problems on this stage, but there was no response... Anyway I managed to drive in this slideshow, so I guess it doesn't matter now...

Terri (I think) was having problem with the Alps stage, is anyone else? It runs prefectly for me, that is one of the reasons i included it. Maybe it has something to do with your settings mate.

Ok, I got it wrong that it was Terri, should have been Ben.

Anyway, still no-one else mentioned issues (in fact they said it ran fine) and you didn't comment again, so i figured it maybe was your graphics settings and you sorted it out.

As i said, everyone NEEDS to test ALL of the stages ASAP. If we know about issues with the stages we can either help you fix them so they run fine or cancel/replace them.

Sorry you had to drive in such difficult conditions Ben. We don't want this to happen to anyone. If anyone thinks they have not gotten a response from the Organising team PM me so we can try and get it sorted.

WHOA! 6 drivers for OC4 with over 10 minutes til the session starts...

This should be fun!

These times on the final sector of JV are unbelievable. You guys amaze me...
Too much slick white stuff for me to be competitive...

Second time through JV-can't believe the third sector times..

15 min before OC4 start, blue screen crash, re-booted, internet decided to join the party.. it dropped-out twice WTH!, anyway now sorted missed OC4 start.

Was OC4 the last Tuesday session? if so, so be it.

If any other sessions are available?? i'll try and join.

Bah, downloading BTB France now, will miss the start, it seems :frown:

Did i miss something? do we need updated BTB France for this rally?

15 min before OC4 start, blue screen crash, re-booted, internet decided to join the party.. it dropped-out twice WTH!, anyway now sorted missed OC4 start.

Was OC4 the last Tuesday session? if so, so be it.

If any other sessions are available?? i'll try and join.

Did i miss something? do we need updated BTB France for this rally?

No, I didn't have it installed at all, I guess.

Anyway, there are two Tuesday sessions left, EU at 20GMT, and US at 5GMT. That's already Wednesday morning for you.

Wow, that was a very tough Rally, but I must say I loved it. Maybe the really slippery stuff suits me better, but I managed to keep the car clean and tidy for most of the Stages, despite some very heart stopping near misses.

I put in a good first half (by my standards :rolleyes: ) but nearly threw it all away on the second Bisanne Stage. On the twisty downhill section, I clipped an inside bank and rolled the car onto it's side, and it proceeded to slide and scrape down the road still on it's side. While praying for a miracle, it hit the guard rail on the next turn, so I flicked the wheel as hard as I could and the car rolled back onto it's wheels. I could then reverse out, and drive on. Amazingly, the car wasn't too badly damaged and I was able to drive the next two stages almost normally. Phew!!.

Attila was the hot driver in our group without doubt, but I managed to push him closely for the first half, mainly due to him having some problems on one Stage, but he drove very well to pull away over the second half.

Thanks to Damien for the TS chatting, helping to keep us both relaxed. :cool:

Thanks to Rick and his Team for organising this one, surely the most treachorous Rally so far. :wink:

Unprepared for the rally, its a total disaster!!! Have lost the touch to drive with the damn kb!!! :(
:) Wait untill you swich from KB to Wheel to see all your times drop by half of minute by stage and you just can't get it right with the settings and you fell you want to go back to the KB. That's meeee, but the fun with the wheel is supreme, the KB is like a h...job instead of sex :) (sorry for the comparasion, but I can't find the words :) ).

the KB is like a h...job instead of sex :) (sorry for the comparasion, but I can't find the words :) ).

Nice analogy - Reminds me of the guy saying on some other forum that mouse driving is like exciting a woman with a vibrator :tongue:

I don't think it is that hard to adapt yourself to wheel if you have the driving base though. A few months ago I switched back to wheel on rF/RBR(before that I was only playing with mouse, on LFS), after a few years wheel break. I ended up pulling decent times almost straight away. Not that I now am a race contender of course, but it didn't feel hard/awkward for so long.

Adjusting after a break is slightly different to learning a new controller after using a completely different one for years :). I remember being completely lost trying out both a wheel, a proper simulator (LFS) and in general getting used to a steering wheel (pretty much haven't driven a real car at that point) for the first time. It was a horror :).

@Ondrej - I can upload it, it's only 10MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play