RDRC S1 - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I've got a huge problem!

Earlier you know, there were an update, and you have to refresh your car packs. So, I forgot to do that. I watched the list, and there's no A8W-05 category. I would like to donwload the carpack, but the new A8W-05 is only compatible with the RSRBR 2011 mod. :S Do you know any place, where I can download this pack for RSRBR 2010?

Thank you in advance!

Now trying a little bit the stages on Shakedown :), I noticed that are 2 Sweet Lambs one in BTB 1-2 pack and one in England pack. The second one loads faster, runs smoother and looks great. Anyone tested both?

Wow!! I didn't even know this native version existed until now. Just tried it and it really is a thing of beauty isn't it.
Comparison to the BTB is chalk and cheese. It's more tricky to drive too, much more bumpy to give it more of a challenge. I like this version a lot, hope we get more native RBR tracks like this. :D

Snowy & quiet Sunday the day before the last championship round brought to me the inevitable question: Where do i belong?:confused:
It has been a year, more less, of me playing this game and progress is slow:redface:. I do enjoy the rallies very much but i also enjoy wining:tongue::D.I wouldn't be a sim-racing driver if i didn't:trophy::rolleyes::D. Seasion 2 in coming up fast and i need to make a decision:
Premier or Champions League ?

S.1 has been very poor and i,m squabbling at the bottom of the points table. So maybe i just don't belong in the WRC car yet:tongue: and can have a better fight in the Champions ( like the sound of it:D ) League.
Then maybe, just maybe i can pick some wins. But the bigger question is still unanswered, were do i belong? It would have been unfair and not in the spirit of the RD RBR Club to have a driver capable of being consistently fast in the lower league, right?
Let me explain the term '' being consistently fast ''. I know many of you enjoy '' the unknown '' of a stage and don't practice much before rally and i do too.
But with the cumulative damage and unknown wether i have decided thats quite enough unknowns for me.
S.2 comes and i,m going to practice and i mean it, 2 hours min for each stage. So to find out where this may puts me i did my own shakedown at Sheperds Shield tonight.
I choise this stage because is short and easy to remember and because i saw Oscar & Chris's shakedown vid. in the movie section. Something to compare my time with. I did 3-4 runs in my WRC subaru and my best was 02:39:88.
I thought to myself thats not a bad time at all as i saw Oscar's 02:41:67. But then i realized his time was done with the N group car and my new found enthusiasm got a dent:D. So time for N12 subaru. I did another 7-8 runs with my best at 02:44:33. Slower then Oscars but pretty good, i would had won with it at the Group N Team Challenge back in July:cool:.
By then i knew this stage very well so give it another go with the WRC car. Only 2 runs with game setup and i did 02:32:57, another 5 sec easy to find ( have lost at least 2-3 sec at the 90% right hander after the 1st split and a few more at various corners:D ) if i only tight up my run.
To be perfectly honest i think i can do low 02:20's with a bit more practice and some setup changes. Is this fast or just average in the WRC car? Couldn't find any reference point anywhere on RD even so i,m almost sure we had a rally at some point in the past with the WRC cars.
I think my time is good and i should stick with the WRC, i can be a force to be recon with. ( cheeky bagger i know:tongue::D )
Can any WRC alien pilot help me with my decision pls:redface:.
Would love to make a vid of my run but skills ain't there for that:D, so just my replay if anyone cares to see:facepalm::offtopic:.
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25803412/02.32.57_WRC_Subaru05.rpl ( Normal/Cloudy/Day )

So thats my shakedown before the last rally of S.1 & year 2010. This snowy Sunday night on the eve of the festive seasion went in perfect harmony with the screaming co-pilot and the sound of pebels accelerating away.:cool:

Good luck with the rally guys, should be plenty of fun:):)

Can any WRC alien pilot help me with my decision pls:redface:.
I know you are asking the aliens, but I'll reply anyway. :tongue:

I think it's a very easy decision Dariusz.
Firstly you want to win but you also enjoy winning with the best available.
You also have served your apprentiship and are clearly getting the feel for the Cars and the Stages. With practice you will easily be competitive with the best. Those times in the WRC car are veeeeery good.
If you start winning easily in a Group N car, I'll bet you feel you want the challenge of doing it in a WRC car. Driving a WRC car well is most satisfying (so they tell me :wink: ).

The only real challenge that may stretch you is matching Sebastien, he is the top of the class and will take a supreme effort to topple. :)

I didn't even KNOW that sweet lamb was in the England pack. This season we will use the one in the BTB pack, but i will be looking at the stages over the christmas break to select the stages for S2. Guess i should look closer.

For anyone having trouble with Tervienami (not finding it)......................did you down load the RSRBR2011? I said DON'T. I could see it causing issues this close to the rally.

If you have downloaded 2011 and this rally doesn't work then i am sorry but you were warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back