RDiLMS - Summer Tour 2012

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
We are currently experimenting with a new - though honored - league management system for iRacing. Please let us know if you experience any problems using the website by posting a description of the problem below.

Contact Shawn Purdy (iLeagueRace owner) in case of:
  • login problems

i dont know what happened tonight. as i went to exit the pits for qualifing all the cars in front stopped at the end of the pits like they were waiting for the green light and then a black screen. i tried to enter the lobby sevral times but kept getting loading error 71.
sorry i missed the race , this hasnt happened before.:(
That's really unfortunate about your technical difficulties. But on the bright side the pit incident was quite funny.

Ok a little write-up from my experience this race.

Practice
Is it not great when you find out with 10 minutes left of the session that someone is running a nintendo-controller?
At first we noticed he was 10 seconds off pace, i thought maybe he forgot to practice or something but i decided to follow him for a lap and see what the problem was.
Well he made straights into corners. Zig-zagging like he was playing sega genesis...

Qualifying
Decided to set a slower but safer time in the bank so i could get the nerves off, managed a 2.02.200 or something.
Messed up my second run and then had one run left.
I crossed the finish line as the clock ran out, i noticed Bjorn did the exact same thing :)
I noticed Ivan beat my time with 0.2 seconds or so which was fine, front row is fine with me,
But since i had no pressure i just let it all hang out and surprisingly the only guy running a 01´s.
Got pole by a tenth or less :)

Race
Lots of talk on the grid about Nintendo boy, i felt sorry for whoever was in proximity of him..
Saw that Ivan was on it so i had to surprise him a little and just floored it.
Managed to get through Eau Rouge safely and alone, from there on it was all about establishing a gap which i then could manage.

As we reach Fagnes i have Ivan and Gary right behind me, obviously i loose the car and drifted pretty heavily into the corner.
Managed to pick up the pieces relatively well and just kepts pushing.

Eventually i had a 5 sec gap where Ivan and Gary were fighting a presume, then i come out on the back straight and see Jarrett and Nintendo boy.
I did not know it was him at first so i thought "3-wide? sure we can pull this off easy"
When we all are three wide, Nintendo boy started going crazy with the steering.
One time he got so close that i reacted subconsciously and sent Jarret away...
All i could see behind me was smoke and a GT2 hitting the barrier...
I was devastated really..

Anyway, think Ivan and Gary got into some trouble and i was lucky with traffic in the beginning, but as soon as Gary got past Ivan he started closing in.
Something then happened with Gary and i all of a sudden had a 11s gap which i further extended to 19s at most.

All my pit stops were completely random, 54-55-48 or something which turned out to be way to much, ended the race with 20 something kg´s i think.

Apart from my incident with Jarrett which btw seemed to miraculously escape any damage to his car, i think i ran a pretty good race.

I waited for guys, and when they were battling i tried to make the passes as less painful as i could for everyone involved.

Some guys did not drive very smart at all. Pick one line and stick with it.
One guy and i kid you not, exited the pits and drove straight out in the "main-lane" while i was coming full blast behind him.
Use F3 and exit the pits on the right like everyone else does.

One guy, won´t mention his name, thought that he was battling me despite already being lapped once.
I had to wait a full lap until he would let me past. Completely unnecessary.

But i will say this, some guys were just pure magic to share the track with, gave me clear signals and we could really drive close to each other and really trust one another not to do anything stupid.

I can´t even recall all the good guys but pretty much everyone were brilliant.

Hampus is a class act and managed the race well, fantastic driving and wins - you seem to make your luck better than anybody else too (notice the use of the word 'make'!) Awesomeness :p
Haha thanks :) Many days in Grand Am dodging boats left and right in the DP :)
If you survive that you can survive anything iRacing throws at you :D

Yea it really is about trying and manipulate your luck as best you can but sometimes it´s dead stop, just have to slow down and hang with the GT2´s for a few corners :)

I almost forgot about the pile-up on the pace lap. That is completely unacceptable, if you can't even control your car behind the pace car you should not be in the race. And it would be great to have an admin on the server to take action against people who are dangerous on the track.

I guess I was lucky to escape all trouble and had the best race so far in this series. Had a nice train going with David and Oscar for a while.

I almost forgot about the pile-up on the pace lap. That is completely unacceptable, if you can't even control your car behind the pace car you should not be in the race. And it would be great to have an admin on the server to take action against people who are dangerous on the track.

I guess I was lucky to escape all trouble and had the best race so far in this series. Had a nice train going with David and Oscar for a while.
Yes was in there for a few turns at the start......

Guys, I must say I am sorry about today. I though I was good enough to race after my inproved Qually proformance

What you don't know, I that I suffer from a disability, I am not using this as an exuse. But people like Kenny calling me a "little retard" is not acceptable

I am not running with a controller, I do have a wheel and I was using it. The car was loose, and was even tail-happy on the straights

I will practice more for Motegi, I will.

Sorry boys for spoiling the first half hour of the race.

Good to see some of you have enjoyed the race. Spa is always epic. It's a hard track, which makes passing even harder. You've got to be confident to make it.

For those that find it suitable to go about accusations, swearing and such unpleasantries: where is the incident report you made and e-mailed me before going into full detail and confrontation on the forum? My inbox is waiting for your message.

Logitech DriveFX
I think you should check that you have proper wheel settings.

I just watched your start and it was the weirdest thing i´ve seen.
From my replay your car was turning while your wheel was dead-centered.
Like it was on rails or something..

I could not watch more then up till you spun twice, as the replay will cut out everyone that is far away from you.

Ask in this thread what settings you should run,
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1500238.page

Eventually i had a 5 sec gap where Ivan and Gary were fighting a presume, then i come out on the back straight and see Jarrett and Nintendo boy.
I did not know it was him at first so i thought "3-wide? sure we can pull this off easy"
When we all are three wide, Nintendo boy started going crazy with the steering.
One time he got so close that i reacted subconsciously and sent Jarret away...
All i could see behind me was smoke and a GT2 hitting the barrier...
I was devastated really..

Apart from my incident with Jarrett which btw seemed to miraculously escape any damage to his car, i think i ran a pretty good race

It was an iRacing miracle I tell ya. If you had seen that incident, you would have thought my race would be done. Hell, I thought it was over. I towed back to the pits thinking it was going to take forver just to get some repairs done. When I got back in the car, I started getting tires and fuel, but noticed I didn't need repairs. I was thinking it might be a glitch, so I as soon as the pit stop was done, I drove off to test things and wouldn't you know there was not a scratch on the dang thing :D.

My race otherwise went so-so. Right off the bat I got caught in that pace lap pile up. By the time I got rolling again I was in dead last. Made my way back up to 4th-5th place due to some fast laps on half a fuel load. Was going good then that's when Hampus nailed me. Got back started after fresh tires and a full tank. I tried to drive fast and consistent while trying to not get to many 1xs (which didn't go well at all).

With about 30 mins to go I had made my way back up to 5th and one lap down from Kenny. I had just about given up hope when he suddenly disappeared from my F1 Screen. I couldn't believe it. Went off to finish 4th in GT2. Not too shabby.

Good to see some of you have enjoyed the race. Spa is always epic. It's a hard track, which makes passing even harder. You've got to be confident to make it.

For those that find it suitable to go about accusations, swearing and such unpleasantries: where is the incident report you made and e-mailed me before going into full detail and confrontation on the forum? My inbox is waiting for your message.

If your not going to be around to admin the race why bother emailing you? All of it could have been avoided. I tell you what.

I'll walk away from this. As one of the few who have shown up for every round of this little shindig don't be suprised I'm a little ticked off at the random 14 year old that had no business being in an HPD. Had someone been around to boot him out when he was 12 seconds off the pace in practice perhaps there would not be people ticked off about it.

That aside the regulars ran a great race. No one did anything unexepected around me. The passing was good. The HPD drivers were really good this race at being patient and picking smart places to pass. The vettes seemed to all have a mood race after the first lap fiasco.

About my race and quali and other stuff. Quali was simple - do a slow lap to have time set, and then for the pole. Did only 2 timed laps, and this 2nd was 13.6 i think as i had to slow down couple of times so i wouldnt get 1x (as it was my last try.

In the race was odd. firstly i followed Teo, and then i decided to mess it all up. it felt like someone else took over the car, Also, Niel got very close so its a shame he disappeared after the pitstop. Could of been fun.

Rest of the race was just getting out of trouble as with my hijacked skills i couldnt be competitive. Oh, and to mention, i had a new alarm for when Gary comes close it sets off -youtube- He might confirm that i moved away couple of times nicely :p I had to as he was driving hpd i sold to him.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 132 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 54 35.1%