RDiLMS - Summer Tour 2012

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
We are currently experimenting with a new - though honored - league management system for iRacing. Please let us know if you experience any problems using the website by posting a description of the problem below.

Contact Shawn Purdy (iLeagueRace owner) in case of:
  • login problems

Big thanks to my teammate he has stepped up and lead the horses He put in countless hours preparing for the events Dragged my slow butt around until laptimes improved.tried to make this flow smoother. Kenny you are a true racer. Lets hope we can make endurance racing work. For what is worth I compained as much(or more) as the next guy about wrecks. But it was in effort to improve things and keep people racing. Yoeri you tried....

Well right or wrong I pissed off the big cheese Bram by complaining...He bitch slapped me back here:) Sorry Bram My wording was wrong...Yoeri you have mail from the office. In reguards of running this. I will take whatever stom develops over this. I am sad that the league fell apart like it did and feel that if something is not said we will never get anywhere. It seems to me that this was a test to something bigger. Maybe the summer breaks fell in the way and Yoeri you had other commitments that got in the way. Others have stated in chat there seems to be a issue. I have no clue on why we had a day race instead of a night race. Yes a simple error but a easy fix. We as a league sucked and Race Department is better than suck That is why we joined Race Department for better racing that the other places. NO I am not saying Race Department owes anything they allow the racing to happen. If people have any sugestions on what can be done to fix the problems or just want to tell me to shut up and let it die. Please post them up! Personaly I want to see the endurace stuff grow and the first crop has died lets replant with better soil and make it grow ...

My teammate is too nice...of course he's sitting there with walking pneumonia and managed to show up to race today. What was everyone else's excuse for not taking the grid?

I'd like to thank all the GT2 guys for showing up. Congrats Bjorn. You were the class of the field. Oscar and David...well done. I don't know where to find that extra half to a full second to keep up with you guys but we'll keep trying.

Call me a whiner as well..from the numbers I saw sign up there should have been more cars on the grid. Summer break or no summer break. If you sign up to drive...the show up and drive.

... If people have any sugestions on what can be done to fix the problems or just want to tell me to shut up and let it die. Please post them up! Personaly I want to see the endurace stuff grow and the first crop has died lets replant with better soil and make it grow ...

As i already told Yoeri - TEAMS. we need teams. when its a team based championship, drivers are supposed to be driving. None can say that he wont drive when team counts on him. It would be great to have 2-seated teams, and to even have like sister team in the same class alowed. Because of big teams (would say TBR is the biggest one around this iracing enduros), as TBR, RPM, GT Omega (ex. DHR).... (etc)

What is to lose - friendly/family feel about the league. you cant have it when its all competition.
What is to gain - more proffesional aproach, a lot more competitive drivers, teams running practices...

So, if you want endurance to live, you need what is it all about, and thats teams!

2nd thing about the league when everything went wrong - there was no admin. If i remember it good, there was Yoeri for 1 race, and Niel for 1 as well. that is not acceptable for the league like RD

P.S. About the last race:
Theres no much to say, but i want to congratulate to everyone that finished a todays race. P2 and GT1 was a lonely class to be in, but i hope that at least gt2 class had some fun

I'd just like to say sorry to yoeri and everyone in last nights race for not showing up. This is a really lame excuse but I completely forgot about it.
It was only when I went to spectate another race that I saw the 2 hour endurance and thought oh sxxx.
Sorry to everyone that showed up.

It felt like we all sat on a bus yet nobody was steering it.
The fact that we had two admins here to run it but they both only participated once is....well baffling.

No news on SPA broadcast, just silence after ETV did their own thing and for this race no word again.

Waiting several days to get standings updated, having to PM admins to open the new thread otherwise it would be closed until a day or two before the next event.
Many things like that, it honestly felt like nobody gave a **** about the league, nobody was really committed and i think that is wrong.
If you take on the job as an admin then you should do a solid job from start to finish.

Nothing personal to anyone, just stating what i see from my point of view.

The flipside is we are waiting on iRacing to finish the system so we can have driver swaps and active weather ect. Team format should be in play for an endurance series otherwise it is just a long sprint race. Kenny and myself have ran in other Race Department leagues with team formats and it worked great. Some of the Race07 stuff ranked very high in my book as how it was ran and the amount of players involved. I expected the same "feel" here. Not saying I could have ran this any better. I am not part of the inner workings of Race Department also do not know the chain of command.
Maybe if we group our thoughts together and plan out what we want in a league given the current system that we have and not what iRacing may or may not be working on. Then Race Department can group together and have a good League to move foward one.

There are a couple of factors that contributed to this thing going down as it did.

First off all RaceDepartment's involvement - represented by Niel and myself - was continually interrupted by real life events and occupations. With no one to step in that was pretty detrimental. Not the professional stance we'd like to take and we've got only ourselves to blame for that.

Another thing is the dedication and behaviour of the drivers. So many people dropped out of races before they had even started. No noticed, no nothing (except for a few better mannered drivers). With 40 drivers on the roster I'd expect at least 20-30 to show up even in holiday times. I guess my estimations are entirely unrealistic. And then there is the forum rambling. For some reason people like to talk crap to each other on the forums, rather sending incident reports or thinking about comments sensibly.

My apologies to the two or three hardcore drivers that actually visited each event.

As for the future of iRacing at RaceDepartment:

Considering the disappointing participation rates right from the start of the leagues, we're probably going to settle for one-off events with independent sign-up procedures.

I don't think we'll actually organise a full league season of some sort in the near future.

My input – I used to race RFactor with RD guys and moved to IRacing just as the RD MX5 Sunday season was finishing.

Was looking forward to joining future events but everything seems to be on a Saturday. Now im not sure if it affects other people but I usually have to do family stuff on Saturday nights so couldn’t join in.

Racing on IRacing servers is fine but the race ends, everyone clears off, not much in the way of community. I would love to see a new RD Iracing Sunday event, and I know he RFactor ones used to be extremely popular. I know there were a bunch of guy on Rothmans Racing who used to participate and now use IRacing.

If RD organised one (any car you like) I would certainly get involved, probably some of these guys would too.
How about a survey to see how much interest there would be?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back