RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys still running this Series?
It's on hold for the time being as it's the summer holidays and most of the staff are away having fun in the sun.

It will come back but which game is up for debate. Dirt 4 was looking likely but it's been a shambles recently. Dirt Rally again? Could become stale. WRC 7 may even have a look in. It's online seems to work properly (e sports stuff).

It's on hold for the time being as it's the summer holidays and most of the staff are away having fun in the sun.

It will come back but which game is up for debate. Dirt 4 was looking likely but it's been a shambles recently. Dirt Rally again? Could become stale. WRC 7 may even have a look in. It's online seems to work properly (e sports stuff).
Dirt Rally

Why not run one event to see what interest there is?
Is there a limit to how many stages can be used in an event?

Because it's still not way to have a league (or as it will be called in D4, club) in Dirt 4. Codemasters have simply not included it, and not patched it in yet. Back in July they were "already working hard on the clubs patch". And in August it was "in weeks, not months".
At present time, if we want to run a league in the timeframe we ideally want to - there are no way to do it in D4.

I was referring to a Dirt Rally event. :)

Ahh. Well. There will be a new season regardless :) we did seasons in RBR with 30-40 drivers each rally, so that's not really an issue. But I don't think it's a secret that we were looking towards DiRT 4, and still hope to get a massive patch that fixes up physics and clubs.

Anyway, need to sort out some issues before we move forward :)

that dirt04 patch is not going to happen, is what my right big toe tells me and that itch in the big toe hardly ever goes wrong. Instead we'll see a full-fledged Dirt Rally 02, using the same engine and focussing on historic cars and locations not covered by the wrc games. Just a hunch.

I tweeted Paul yesterday and this is what I got

Attachments

• 3e7e6664190bb04088efbd7bd6725f1a.png
    3e7e6664190bb04088efbd7bd6725f1a.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.