RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the new rally mag ;) It might not be impossible to score points ;)
New mag is extremely impressive! Nice work guys :) Still reading it... (Shame the text isn't searchable though - it's all rendered as an image for some reason.)
One thought: shouldn't the rule change(s) get mentioned in the Director's Note thread? People may not read the other threads.
Edit PS: points for top 20 seems like a very good idea ;)

That's because I had to render it as an image for each page, otherwise the file size is absolutely huge.. Last magazine was pushing 1GB compressed, now with rendered pages its down to 15mb.. which is far more accessible for people to download. ;)
Aha, OK. I don't fully understand the issues behind this; I just know that I regularly read reasonably compact, high-quality PDF files with (searchable) text in 'em, and high-quality images too. What package are you using for publishing? (PS: no criticism intended here - it's a thing of beauty!)

I'm glad you like it, it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to get it perfect. :)
I just use Illustrator at the moment, haven't got my head around InDesign as I don't need it for anything else I do.
Bear in mind only the articles/news would be searchable in any case -the entry lists and results are made by a separate program that outputs as an image file, to do that manually would take a very long time.

I'm looking to put together a spreadsheet that calculates the true stage classifications - but need a bit of help with the data.

Is anyone able to help me figure out how to screen scrape the racenet data from each individual stage? I've had a play around and I can get pagination etc working on the overall table, but can't figure out how to get it scraping stage 1-17 specifically.

I'm looking to put together a spreadsheet that calculates the true stage classifications - but need a bit of help with the data.

Is anyone able to help me figure out how to screen scrape the racenet data from each individual stage? I've had a play around and I can get pagination etc working on the overall table, but can't figure out how to get it scraping stage 1-17 specifically.

Unless you want to continue that work, the true stage classifications will be included in the results from the championship rallies :)

Unless you want to continue that work, the true stage classifications will be included in the results from the championship rallies :)
Thanks man - I assume these are the stage results we had for the test rally (the racenet ones that show overall rally position at the end of each stage)?
I'm keen for stage times ranked in order of fastest to slowest regardless of overall position. If you're doing this as well then that's epic!

Thanks man - I assume these are the stage results we had for the test rally (the racenet ones that show overall rally position at the end of each stage)?
I'm keen for stage times ranked in order of fastest to slowest regardless of overall position. If you're doing this as well then that's epic!

Yup, the plan is to have each stage ranked as well as overall after each stage :)

Uh guys
http://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/nytt-spill-lanseres-med-petter-solberg-i-hovedrollen

Petter solberg Rally?

Quick Google Translate:

New game launches with Petter Solberg in the lead role
By Simen Næss Hagen / Published: 26th January 2017
Photo: Simen Næss Hagen
Photo: Simen Næss Hagen
Tree Dreamer aftermath success DiRT Rally released today, where the Norwegian motorsport star has a central finger in the pie.

There are games company Codemasters who has developed this in collaboration with the rally driver Kris Meek and rallycross driver Petter Solberg, and not least Petters son Oliver. The latter has in fact been heavily involved in testing and development, and has become well acquainted with the developers - that should count around 250 man.

At 13.00 Norwegian time Thursday presented Codemasters descendants after DiRT Rally, which was first released almost two years ago on PC.

- I have worked long with the English, grinning Petter Solberg opposite Parc Fermé when he talks about the recordings of his voice.

The desire of McRae family
For rally and rally cross world champion was in fact involved at the request of the family of Colin McRae. For when the Scottish rally star, who died in a helikopiterulykke in 2007, made his breakthrough on the gaming front through the 2000s, had already Petter insight closely in the development of racing.

Colin McRaes game series started with Colin McRae Rally 1 in 1998 and eventually evolved to Colin McRae DiRT. After his death it was Ken Block who took over part of the profile around the game with both DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.

Now it is Petter being the main star is, which also says that Kris Meek is on the team.

- Actually, the plan was that I should take over the franchise after Colin died, but at that time I had a deal with Microsoft I could not exit. But Colin and I tested a lot of games around the hotel and such. His wife wanted me to take over, and now I have the opportunity, says Solberg.

Oliver heavily involved
And as mentioned, son Oliver have also on their own initiative and desire contributed.

- It has been his own desire. He became good friend with the developer of the game, has met all the gang and been down there with them and tested several times. But I've also been there on several occasions and tried some himself.

- So you can tackle Oliver at stake?

- Hehe, no. Oliver is a good deal better than me. I trailing there.

- But can games be used in any preparation for you in the professional?

- Of course. You get trained on concentration and pathways are quite similar. One gets also experienced working with different cars when the cars are different. In the previous game so was my car (see photo, journ.anm) pretty well realized, with the exception that it was perhaps a bit more controlled than in reality, says Solberg.
Screenshot: Codemasters
Screenshot: Codemasters
own courses
The latest version of DiRT, that DiRT Rally, has three branches involved; rally, rallycross and hill climb to Pikes Peak. Rallycross section, according to Petter have been developed more, which has also been in demand among fans. But he did not have any details on their feet when Parc Fermé talked with him by phone from London where the launch takes place.

- There are many cars and you can also create your own paths one can challenge his friends on online. Otherwise I do not have many details here and now, says Solberg.

Parc Fermé will be back with more information on the game at launch is completed later today ...

From the Codies Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play