RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, only got 2.5 hours in the car during the whole race. And managed to totally destroy the car during that time.
A little miscommunication made my second stint go away. Had planned to drive the last stint, and get the car to the finish-line, but due to work, I was unable to do that.

Anyway, the RMI car ended up 8th of 12 in class, which is pretty good, seeing how amateurish we are :)

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone (drivers) would be interested in participating in a front page article regarding the race? :)

Basically I would just ask you a couple of (typed) questions, and the article would feature an assortment of quotes from the drivers!

Please drop me a private message if you're interested! :D

If you want to hear from a team where everything went wrong, contact us. :roflmao:

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone (drivers) would be interested in participating in a front page article regarding the race? :)

Basically I would just ask you a couple of (typed) questions, and the article would feature an assortment of quotes from the drivers!

Please drop me a private message if you're interested! :D
If you want I can answer a couple of questions (or Adam Mocarski - team owner).

A couple of hours after the finish, I realise that most teams will probably be relaxing somewhere quiet or sleeping until Monday morning. I would like to take this opportunity to start a topic where we invite everybody to review the past season. During the next couple of months at RaceDepartment we will be working hard to prepare for the next season. The feedback in this topic will surely help us with that.

I would like to invite everybody to tell us what they liked and did not like in season 4 and preferably tell us how to improve. This can be in any area, from choice of simulation to tracks and mods, scoring and regulations, broadcast, forum communication, etc.

If you're still reading at this point, I would like to propose a few things to keep this topic structured:
  1. First of all, please start by reading all the existing posts: If a point is being made that you agree about, please "Like" that specific post so we end up with some kind of indication on how many people actually agree with that post.
  2. If you want to provide feedback, use a single post per suggestion you want to make. This makes it easier for people to agree on that specific thing.
  3. If you want to add something to an existing proposal and it's a logical follow up, please quote the original post. Only do that if you want to add something substantial, please do not just quote and say "I agree" (use the "Like" function for that).
  4. Please do not start discussions here! Stick to providing feedback. There are lots of topics that can be debated (to death) and that's not going to help us keep an overview. If you feel some specific idea warrants further discussion, open a new topic for that. Remember, for a lot of things we do, it's impossible for everybody to agree and we will in general take everybody's opinion into consideration.
If you're still reading at this point, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide good feedback. We had a blast organising season 4, even though we know it was not perfect, and we can promise you one thing. If everyone within the community is as positive, focussed and willing to help as last year, season 5 is going to be great!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for what has been an amazing season and an amazing introduction to RDLMS and Commentating :) All drivers were top notch, even though there were some incidents, that is all part of the experience. Every team came in to each event well prepared and each of the teams and drivers were extremely professional throughout! Congratulations to all finisher of the Le Mans! To the staff members who gave this series their all, really well done guys! Persevered through every tough situation, which is what the LMS is all about, not giving up when things go wrong, but instead working hard as a team to get back on your feet! :) I would also like to thank DareDevilz for letting me drive the car at Le Mans, it was a great experience, and i'm sorry about the accident at night! :) I'm also sorry to everyone that I could not be there at the end, I was so eager to get back in the booth when I realised nobody was there, but there was nothing I could do about it unfortunately. I wish I could have seen the finish, from the comments I was reading on my mobile it looked extremely exciting! :) Would have loved to be in our TS channel to hear Matt's reaction as he brought it accross the line! :) I hope to see you all again in S5! Thanks again :thumbsup:

I'd also like to thank the RDLMS admin team for organising this race, and dealing with the server issues calmly and quickly, allowing us to get back racing as soon as possible.

Although my team's race went pretty badly, aside from the last 7-8 hours, it was still a great experience, and one I'd love to do again, despite how tired I am right now. :sleep:

Congrats to all the class winners and podium finishers!

What I liked about S4
- The rejoining system
- Our victory at Road America
- The atmosphere at the server, chat and livestream during races

What I didn't like about S4 and how to fix it
- Communication could have been better. Posting briefings in time etc. It was already a lot better for the 24H, I hope you could continue with that during S5.
- rFactor, it's time to go to rFactor 2. So I'm very happy with the decision to do S5 in rF2. ;)

Well, I'd like to thanks the RDLMS staff for organising whole season, lost their time here (we also lost a lot of time practising ;) ). I don't know what to say more, so just a big "Thank you for all".

To the race, I spended a lot of time making various setups, we didn't know which set we will be using in the race, the decision camed just before the briefing, the set was almost perfect, as I know we had the speed to fight with the leaders, but then came a big set of diseaster, [almost] each one from us had crashed (losing front or back, various situations). Only I was the one who hadn't score any crash apart from an incident with GT2 in mulsanne and the P2 which I belive blocked tyres and just turned right into me, but the damage was hopefully small. One of my teammates doesn't came in time, so I had to drive not 2 hours, but almost 5 (with the server restart). We had 2 CL's and when I was getting in car for last change, screen just freezed ( :| ) and I had to wait next 10 minutes, but we were already out of fight for podium (congrats for the top 3 in each classes ;) ) so we didn't lost antything. In the end of the race i found my racing line and started driving faster and faster, I don't know exactly what time i did, but i know i lost aprox. half a second because i catched up a GT2 in the last chicanes and I had to slow down.

Big thanks for the teams: Skype Racing Team (P1 especially for 2nd place! and GT1) and SimRacingPL GT2 team, they gaved me support and fun for the last phase of the race, so at least I wasn't sad of my position :)

BUT, I am not pleased that you are leaving rF1. I won't buy rF2 for now, because I don't think it's now worth of the money (I am not interested in subscription), 85$ is quite a large ammount of money here in Poland for someone that is still going to school (I bought my Logitech DFP 2 years ago for almost the same price, it was used, but almost new, ahh that smell) and I think in this year i won't just have that ammount of free money (I am planning to buy DayZ StandAlone, Battlefield 4, Assetto Corsa and I think I will need to replace my motherboard in my PC). And most important, for rF2 doesn't exist (or I don't know anything about) even in half mod as good as modification used in the RDLMS series.

Okay, I written too much, see ya :cry:

picasion.com_1Rpm.gif

This was my first race with the series. I was in the DR Motorsport GT2 car for a couple of 3.5 stint runs (1 cut short by a server crash, 1 by me crashing into the tires). Really enjoyed it. Was super impressed with the prototype drivers. I've done 90 minute races in the past with more close calls with prototypes than I had in 7 hours here. I only had 2 contacts with protos, and both were light sideswipes that left me with no damage.

So, great driving everyone. I'll have to try to get in for the full season next time.

Sorry, i believe there is a Silverstone 6 hours race. Please don't make it on the weekend of Aug 10th / 11th -- I have to work :(
We are likely to move that and implement it in the new season.
I think the admins won't even think about the calender until later
Actually, we have already more or less pinned downed two of the locations and have a first draft for the calendar, though we're not finished just yet.

This was just insane, absolutly the ultimated endurance expierence. Driving the SRVN LMP1 car with 3 guys and getting the most out of every stint. We had a lot of bad luck, 2 disconnects and 4 crashes(?) but still fighting for the podium untill the last lap.

First of all i'm very sorry for some of the incidents, ofcourse the Feeder Sport Poland car in the beginning, but we talked that out on TS. It's a shame you guys where very unlucky during the race. I don't remember all the incidents, but I think it was in the morning I hit the UK-NL car in the Porsche curves. But you where a temp car for me so I didn't realised you where breaking there. I was also pretty tired so forgive me for not judging that properly. Hope you guys didn't had to much damage.

My stints where ok on pace, but I made two big errors at the same place in which I pretty much totaled the car. The setup wasn't perfect and it was tricky at times. I gave the car to Mark de Vries for the last our so he could push the absolute hell out of the car and we nearly, so nearly got a podium out of it. Unfortunatly that didn't happen, but still we've made it to the finish and I think we did well in our first LMP1 season.

It was also great working with the guys of the GT2 team, we helped eachother as much as we could throughout the season.

Racedepartment thank you for bringing this back, these events are the best in simracing. Hopefully there will be a way to do this in rFactor 2, can't even imagine how this will be with flatspots on the tyres when you lock the tyre, or when it starts to rain, no grip when you're not on the racing line. Going to be, and I hate to use this word, epic!

BUT, I am not pleased that you are leaving rF1.

Let me start by saying that rFactor 2 is the best way forward for endurance racing. It offers features to make our races even better and more intense. As things look right now, it fixes some of the bugs we are facing as well. Most notably, stable driver swaps and potentially also the problems we have with running plugins as a consequence. So I'm in favor of moving to it in general. I also think we probably still want to race using the rejoin software we have right now, and that has already been prepared for rFactor 2.

On the other hand, if I look at the state of rFactor 2 right now, my personal opinion is that it is too early to do a full season of RDLMS after the summer break. I personally don't see the game handling a field of 50 cars with a decent framerate, nor do I see enough cars or tracks to have a multi-class prototype and GT field championship on all the popular tracks that are usually used for these races.

My proposal would be to:
  1. Organize a multi-class competition with rFactor 2, with driver swaps, with some kind of GT cars (as those seem to be available now). This would be a chance for everybody to test rFactor 2 in this context and gain experience with it, because that is what we need right now.
  2. Organize another RDLMS competition very similar to the one we had this year, taking all the lessons we've learned from last year.
Of course, organizing both means more work, and ultimately the drivers and teams themselves have to support any initiative by participating.
Again, this is my personal opinion, not the one of RaceDepartment. I'm stating this again because I am on the staff and as such I will work behind the scenes with the others and might even have a different "official" opinion. I also think it's important though to give my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 44 53.0%