RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank Racedepartment and all of the people who makes the RDLMS and keeps it going,
as Robert said a few weeks ago we decided to enter a car in P2 class and the team came easily together with setup work and planning the driving shifts. The event itself was wonderous, server crashes and stuff is all normal even in smaller events so i wasent really suprised by few restarts but our team managed to get over them. As we came here with no real goals for the race, Winning it was just so amasing that i personally cant believe it yet that we did it

Thanks to all and hopefully we see next time too!

I really only had two issues with the current system.

1) I really don't like not being able to hang around as a spectator. There are many benefits to being able to see the car. You can warn your driver if he's cutting the track, check the car for damage, and there were a couple of situations in the last race where we could have checked to see if it would make sense to report a prototype for a couple not-so-patient passes. Yes, it puts more stress on the server, but I think it's a neccesity.
2) I really like the safety car stuff. It brings the field back together, but we need to figure out a procedure that won't take 30 minutes to get every re-gridded. I realize that's much easier said than done, but we lost at least an hour of racing sitting in the garage waiting to be called out.

EDIT: And almost forgot, there really needs to be a better selection process at the beginning of the season. My team really got screwed over, and couldn't compete until the very last race where we drove VERY competitively with VERY little practice or preparation (we found out we could race last Saturday). Can we have a qualifier where everyone logs a lap time and the fastest teams get in? Please. That could be done prior to every race. A hot laps server where you can set your qualifying time whenever you please. Top 12 teams get into the race, and that's the grid.

Can I recommend something as someone outside of the league? There is not a single results page or topic anywhere to be found. There's a Google doc of the standings, but for example there is no results post anywhere to be found for any of the races. Neither one on the forum, or on the front page of the site, which is very odd considering this 24 hour race is something you'd want to be singing the praises of.

As someone observing this for the first time as a spectator, and not a racer, I only know about part of the result due to hearing about it, on another forum, from a friend of a friend who was in the race (David Jundt, if you're curious). That it's hours after the event and there's still no post or message showing the result, it leads me to believe that there's a serious lack of organisation involved outside of the race itself.

We are likely to move that and implement it in the new season.

Actually, we have already more or less pinned downed two of the locations and have a first draft for the calendar, though we're not finished just yet.

2 questions please...

1. is this event being moved to a later date?
2. is there likely to be an event before this?

cheers:thumbsup:

it has to be sebring and silverstone lol

You guys must love your job :thumbsup:
we love our job with a passion, we're sim racers just like you guys :D but stepped up to the job!

only time we get beat down is when simracers don't appreciate the effort we put into it, or the lack of knowledge as to how much work & effort it takes to organize a league, a league of RDLMS S4 took well over 80 hours of work.

i take no credit..... all i done was HOLD up the race with my Safety Car :p

we love our job with a passion, we're sim racers just like you guys :D but stepped up to the job!

only time we get beat down is when simracers don't appreciate the effort we put into it, or the lack of knowledge as to how much work & effort it takes to organize a league, a league of RDLMS S4 took well over 80 hours of work.

for every 5 that don't show their appreciation, there's a sim racer who appreciates you all 6 times more than you would ever hope to expect ;):thumbsup: keep doing the Outstanding work!

what a amazing season, but first i must thank these guys... Marco Bijl Marcel Offermans Remco de Wildt Bram Hengeveld Yoeri Gijsen Tristan Clark .... thank you guys for the work you done, alot of it was behind the scenes work & i know what you done.​
well Bram was the tea boy, tristan was the type writer guy... Marco was the camera man, luckily enough no car or tyre injured him.​
So as some of you may know or may not know, i am one of the founders of DareDevilz Racing, here's some history.​

Challenges AHEAD!
When DareDevilz entered the RaceDepartment Le Man Series back in April, we we're a newly formed Racing Team, looking ahead to our first official league together which would challenge us, and it did in many aspects, team organizing was key, staying on top of everything was hard work, but we pulled through as a team, having established ourselves in the team, the task was to find out what we really could do in our first major league.​
The First Round at silverstone was going to be a big challenge for us, 8 hours of it, having lost a member, we we're up against it, but we pulled through and managed to cross the finish line, we realised we created the perfect setup for speed & grip, the durability for the tires was perfect.​
having put in a strong performance for round 1 and feeling positive for Round 2 ...12 hours of Sebring would be a benchmark for us, make or break us, we we're struggling for a good setup, the right balance, but after 2 weeks of intense testing we finally nailed it, putting in a strong performance but having had a few spins, we got back up strong ready for our next race, by this time our main rivals we're LSD & ME Racing, our points battle is with both of them teams.​
Coming into Round 3 at Road America, we had positives and some more setup experience, we put that to good use on such a technical track, our engineers put together a great setup and we we're underway, but it wasn't to be, the team suffered a major crash in the first couple of hours which set us back 7 minutes, later on during the race we had a drive through penalty, and a small crash, this is racing and it is to be expected but it hurt our chances to challenge our rivals for them vital points.​
PROGRESS
Boom Boom Pow, some teams will be checking our style, after some in-season testing, and our head driver Lars Brugman put in some serious times to contend with our main rivals, but it wasn't until Qualifying night that we realised we upped our game massively, we just need to hold it together for the 24 hour race and hope for the best after having a tough season for our rookie team.​
DareDevilz has scored it's first EVER POLE Position for a race in the RDLMS league, Huge boost to the teams moral and we will do our best to perform to our full potential on the 13-14th.​
The real le-mans 24h race passed a few weeks ago, but sadly the motorsport scene was struck with some bad news, in the opening laps of the race Allan Simonsen crashed he's Aston martin at the Tertre Rouge corner,​
He died shortly afterwards of injuries at medical centre on site.​
in tribute DareDevilz had a special livery made to mark the 24h race but also we had a special tribute to the danish driver on the side of our car.​
End of a Chapter
As a team owner it's great to see progress and all team mates getting along like a knife to butter, over the months of being on teamspeak with the guys testing and working on our setups & strategy, i knew it would eventually come to an end, this end has come, i do not know what members will continue to race under the daredevilz name or race for another team, but i thank every single one of them for the enjoyment.​
This will not only be a personal memory for my simracing years, but a memory of making some good online buddies, i hope to meet one day!​
We will be back, as we never quit, our commitment and dedication is strong as ever, and that was tested during this league, we have all learnt from this experience and will carry this around for aslong as we race online or in real life, one thing is for sure tho, we will never quit.​
Until next time.....

First race @ RD, first 24Hrs event, first go with Enduracers Mod. It would have been amazing if it went for more than 5-6 laps for me :( I got huge hit from the back @ my very first lap but never got to see what/who hit me... i've had way passed the braking area to T7 when something just ran me over at what seemed full speed. Car was totally wrecked and also my confidence and enthusiasm. Damages weren't fully repaired and spuned a couple times after. The server crashed and it was the best thing to happend, returned the 997 and went straight to bed.
Appologies for the mayhem i might have done trying to take the car into pits... i have never driven a mod where damages affected the driving so irrealisticaly (imho), it was insane just to go straight, impossible to turn in :(
Despite all that, really enjoyed the Live Stream commentators, amazing job guys, you should be on tele! Great organization and fast decision taking, thank you RD for this event/s. Hope i can rejoin in the near future. But if you think about this mod again, i'll be more than happy to help improving some major things. ;)

Like Rafael Lobato asked, PLEASE give us the replay files of the event when possible. I really have to understand what happened there... please?
pardon my english, it's not my native lang

OH!! and almost forgot to CONGRAT my ORM/NewCar teammates for the #2 GT2!!! @ 2min43secs from #1 i just found out that my 2 forced pit-stops possibly took us away the Gold :(( SORRY GUYS!

Hell Racing Team Hungary
Full Onboard

No comments about the video itself, but I do notice you are driving with a plugin installed and that is not allowed. I'm not going to take action anymore, but I would like to ask you and any others to stop using such plugins during endurance races. We know they cause trouble. Maybe not always directly to you, but to server stability in general. For next season we might even write software that scans for such plugins if kindly asking is not helping. Sorry if it seems like I'm coming down hard on you because of this, but it is a really important thing and we have asked people not to do this every race.

Keep the current team selection process instead of some randomly process based on a lap time :rolleyes: This is Endurance racing. Our team isn't great at hotlapping, due to our workshedules we can't chase a setup for a super hotlap on top of a worthy race setup (well, that and not beeing as talented as some of the aliens that run around here :p), however, in 3 consequetive seasons we have taken the start of every round and finished them unless we fell foul of the disconnect bug.
Beeing able to finish a race as a team in a capable way (i.e. safe way for everyone on track) should weigh heavier then a teams ability to match a hotlap of some of the resident aliens.

After the race finished I decided to do a "Marcel Offermans powernap" to catch up on some sleep to rest and reset a bit after this amazing experience :D

Both the 24 hours of Le Mans and all the other races were completely different than the short races I was used to @ Simracing.NL where we have raced in every mod or game u can think of that has GT cars in it :)

Also had a lot of fun driving the safety car for the last couple of events (I just wished that we had less crashes of the server so u guys can race more!) and helping out people who had some questions during the Le Mans event in the Race Control channel.

Thanks to everyone organizing the event, writing scripts, maintaining the server, commenting on the live stream, pressing the right buttons for the live stream camera :D , and ofcourse... DRIVING THE CARS ;) :thumbsup:

I think moving to rFactor 2 is right step to make. It would be good idea to run few endurance races to check how popular the series would be and more importantly how well and stable the rF2 runs in both server and clients alike.

RFactor 2 league suggestions.
- only 3 car classes for now because there will be probably fewer drivers/teams compared to rFactor. You can always add more classes/drivers if the series is popular and the game can handle it. Racing would be better if we have many cars of same speed/class.
- Penalty system included in league information page. It would nice to see in what kind of penalty can you expect after causing for example avoidable accident. It would add transparency to the penalty system.
- Live/instant penalty system is very nice but perhaps dropping it would give race admins more "relaxing time" during the race. Pealties would be given after the race after viewing the video evidence submitted by the driver as it is in rest of the RD races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 32.7%