RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was steadily braking myself past Simon Melhuish, and far behind Simon the #60 Ecuire SIMotorsport P1 car, decided to launch a lapping move, not just on Simon, but on me as well. Not thinking about the fact that I was on the far left, and Simon on the right. So he jumps over the kerbs, and how the bloody h*ll that car missed me, I think I'll never know. If they had been in a close fight for the third I would've understood it. But they were 30-40 secs behind, going on to the last lap of a 12 hrs race. It is just idiotic to launch such a move. And I think I made my feelings pretty clear after the race as well.
Ole, I'm VERY sorry about that! :oops: I was absolutely exhausted after the finish but went into the commentary channel primarily to apologize for that... You are right. It was an idiotic move, but it wasn't on purpose.
Basically I was pushing like mad for the last hour+. The hard tires were already about 3-hours old and the rears were more worn out... hence the earlier spin at Arnage in front of the leader. At that point 05 Motorsport had some serious problems, so a podium finish was a real possibility. I wish the race was one lap longer!
Anyway, I see a P2 car lapping a Spyker. I mention the situation to my team mates on TeamSpeak (they didn't spectate, but watched the timing closely), and I think to myself, "maybe I could take 'em both in the braking zone..." In my ears I hear the voice of Roma Ljubchik "Do whatever you want, pass them right now!!!". That was a rather tongue in cheek, 'advice dog'-style comment... :D So I pass the Spyker easily before (my) braking zone, and immediately realize that RS-Spyder is already too far away to try and pass right there. And then I guess I just missed my braking point in all the confusion. It looked like I was heading straight into the back of the Porsche! It really looked like a disaster for both of us. Luckily I got my brains running again, lifted my foot off the brake and turned left as hard as I could without causing a spin. I ended up cutting the chicane on the grass, which was very bumpy, went over the curb, and 'landed' in front of the RS-Spyder nearly taking the nose off it. That was the scariest moment of my race for sure.

Other than that, our race has been a bit of a Cinderella story: at midnight our beautiful and fast carriage turned into a pumpkin. Then we repaired it, and turned it into a pumpkin a few more times *facepalm*. The night stints were beyond terrible, that's where the podium was really lost. It was quite a pleasant surprise when 05 Motorsport generously gave us another chance in the final hours ;)

Anyway, thanks everyone for the race. At this track even 4th felt like a great achievement. It's a shame that Team SIMotorsport's (#56) race has been interrupted by rFactor crashing a few seconds after a driver change for no apparent reason.
We're looking forward to the N24.

PS: oh, and I want to thank my whole team for being awesome.

Bear in mind, that I missed most of the season.

Series Length: ok

Classes Run: I'd like more variety, having legions of non-works Audis and Peugeots looks a bit strange. Of course adding more petrol cars into the mix would require tweaking the BoP (mostly changing mass of the cars) which is hard work.

Time/Day of Events: ok

Test Races: not sure

Qualification: A day or two before would be better.

Forum Structure: Way too many threads for my liking, a lot of the pinned stuff like 'standings' etc could be included into the main 'Info' tread. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Things are tidy, but organized in a way that seems a bit unusual to me.

Additional Comments: I'm strongly against adding fictional tracks to the calendar, and it's probably better to build the schedule around 'modern' versions of circuits (although VLM's Le Mans has great atmosphere to it). Also these races shouldn't be run at the same time as the real world races that will likely interest a sportscar fan (WEC, ALMS, ELMS seasons are about to start). Here's the list of tracks that I fixed and tweaked in preparation for last season of SCEC. Road Atlanta that was used for RDLMS round 4 was one of them, so I guess you might like the others. Here's another (these have enough individual pit spots to host 40+ cars simultaneously).
GPCOS seems confusing even when it works. Maybe there's a better solution?

Lowest possible gfx settings, same result. According to the task manager rF was using only about 115Mb RAM (of 4Gb). I thought I might be running out of HDD space, whenever I try to load the replay it creates a huge tmp file in the 'Replays' folder. But it stops at just over 7Gb and I have about 2Gb extra on the logical drive.

Series Length: 6-8 rounds
Classes Run: maybee ad LMPC for next season?

Time/Day of Events: perfect

Test Races: optional

Qualification: a few days before

Forum Structure: well structured

Additional Comments:

Series Length: 6 rounds or little bit more​
Classes Run: p1 p2 gt2 we think its perfect, don't need gt1​
Time/Day of Events: saturday is perfect, by the way maybe we can start 1 hour earlier, Timezone is good, don't change it.​
Test Races: optional​
Qualification: a day(s) before the race​
Forum Structure: When we saw first time this forum structure it was very confusing, but now it's structured, so its good.​
Additional Comments: ( Change the whole mod :rolleyes: or tell to the enduracers: feel the adhesion is not very good, differential lock is sh*t.:eek: We saw better mods even if it's not specific for enduracing.)​
That was our first season, but how i saw some comments, sebring, daytona, road america was many times in the other seasons, so some new tracks could be good. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Spa, Imola, Zolder (GTL version) Paul Ricard, Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Monza, Shanghai, Lime Rock, Portimao, Virginia International Raceway, Mid-Ohio, Sears Point Raceway, Bathurst Le Mans of course...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand some hungarian track :) Hungaroring. There was Le mans series and a P2 car won, so its could be very intresting race for Protos, commentators, and spectators ;) Maybe a P1 car can't win against the aerodynamics :D
GPCOS sometimes just sh*tting with the users maybe that solution is better which is used at 24hr Nords, i mean driverslists​

Series Length: Good time
Classes Run: Yes and no, you should have LMP2(or 1 if you want!) GT1+GT2
Really its a good idea to run both gt classes so we have more entrants(Its a better jump to the lmp cars as well)
Time/Day of Events:
Test Races: Optional, but atleast a 2 hour race to act as a lm 24hr test day
Qualification: On race day
Forum Structure: well structured?
Additional Comments: The fact that the series is oriented towards ALMS is really silly, but know we have high quality versions of Imola, Monza and silverstone, also Nurburgring.Again saying what people have already said we should hold it as WEC, with a newer version of le mans is an absolute must

Series Length: Only 5 rounds does not allow for much to go wrong, but it does keep the season relativly compact if it's run like we did in S3 with a race each month. so i'm somewhat on the fence, but it has to be said, i was content with 5 races, as it allows teams (or our team in this case) to persue other projects​
Classes Run: i think 3 turned out perfect, especially when confided to 40 odd teams, that only leaves 10 cars per class... but this season we had like 15-16 orso GT2s ? wich was great fun as it actually means you end up fighting in class much more.​
Time/Day of Events: it's always going to be a hard task to shedule these sorts of races, however, i think the current timing was nearly spot on, i'd say on the shorter races, maybdelay the start by one or two hours as a favor to our friends across the pond.​
Saturday is the only realistic day to have it on imho​
Test Races: optional, for sure, speaking for our team, of the 5 pilots 4 of us can't do weekday testdays due to work.(or beeing in the US), so if they became mandatory, it would mean we would have to throw in the towel, as i suspect many other will be forced to.​
Qualification: it something i have thought about myself, but when do you hold it? during weekdays you run into the same problem as with the testraces. the week before?​
Forum Structure: well structured​
Additional Comments: as great a tool symsinc is, it still doesn't seem to cure the random disconnect issues, I read here about some sort of plugin to allow races to happen in practice mode? i'm not familiar with it, but if it has proven itself to work, maybe this is something that should be looked into?​
As for the rest, not much to say really other then it was a very nice and well organized season, and that indeed we will see some newer tracks during season 4 like a spa or nurburgring :)

Additional Comments: as great a tool symsinc is, it still doesn't seem to cure the random disconnect issues, I read here about some sort of plugin to allow races to happen in practice mode? i'm not familiar with it, but if it has proven itself to work, maybe this is something that should be looked into?​

Sorry to but in here but had to reply to this but if this isnt okay then please delete it.

I have been in a race with this tool and while it helps with the disconnects, it adds the invisible car / temp car issue if people have rejoined. Temp cars are not so bad as you at least have an idea where they are, the invisible cars are the problem as they are only visible if you have the name tags on but not everyone likes to drive with names over the cars.

As for the mis match issues... The collision mis match is just a random rfactor bug that nothing can fix, the ones where there was hdv mis matches and what not is just due to someone joining the game and not having their game up to date.

Series Length: Its fine :)

Classes Run: Yes, very!

Time/Day of Events: Wouldn't change a thing

Test Races: Mandatory!

Qualification: Few days before. Means the race could start on its given start time rather then 15/30 minutes late.

Forum Structure: Good

Additional Comments:

Just watched the bits I missed of the broadcast on Saturday, great job by all involved - seen people struggle to fill an F1 broadcast at times so how you guys did it for 12 hours I don't know. Despite the few odd moments (Simon :D) it was great to watch/listen to for the duration. Looking forward to the 24 hour now.

Oh and of course thanks to George and co for organising it, definitely got me interested in the next season whenever it may occur, two laps isn't enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes