RD Formula FG Championship Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has gotten to the point that GP4 games have become a bit straightforward and that it's time for refreshment. Sad thing is that most games that provided that refreshing factor have died too e.g. Milos' game, Tapio's game, Omer's game, Sasha's game.

I think the Forum Games section needs someone with a high level of motivation to moderate and first of all think of a new serie. Plus from what I've seen is that not as many people like to try out new games, I think Sasha's game only had like 8 competitors which is sad to see considering we have had a full grid of managers plus drivers for 3,5 seasons long! I might have exciting news about a new game but that will definitely take until the end of my final school year.

This games are more boring sry Milos it was good game but too boring .... In this game you see more than squares goes around track 60x ... I dont have time for create forum game , but if you want new game whx we cant then do this in games like F120xx game

This games are more boring sry Milos it was good game but too boring .... In this game you see more than squares goes around track 60x ... I dont have time for create forum game , but if you want new game whx we cant then do this in games like F120xx game
1. It's your opinion that the new games are boring. Imo most people here are stuck in a timeframe of "there's only gp4 and everything else is ****".
2. The f1 20xx games are difficult to mod/simulate, I don't think it's even possible at all to simulate on these games.

Plus there's more than f1, look at the GPTCC for example. A very succesful game but no F1 stuff involved.

1. It's your opinion that the new games are boring. Imo most people here are stuck in a timeframe of "there's only gp4 and everything else is ****".
I feel this is what's killing the minor games tbh..

Also, @Márk Lintner keep in mind I'm just one guy doing this for free and GP4 is a game that has a big mod community (15 years old), a few more years of development than I had, and most likely a few more developers too (if it was just Geoff I applaud him). I too think dots aren't the best method but I'm far from modelling 3D objects and painting them.

GP4 is popular because the AI are mainly competent, the racing is good, and it's been used for so long that people have modded everything you'd want on it. Upgrades work how they should and there are good realistic aims. rFactor struggled because of the sheer randomness of it, as well as Race07 and other rFactor based games. FFG is the best combination we have really, it combines management, racing, livery making and commentary that makes what can be dull races worth watching. I would revive a completely overhauled rFactor game if I had the time and motivation to do it, but I don't at the moment.

GP4 is popular because the AI are mainly competent, the racing is good, and it's been used for so long that people have modded everything you'd want on it. Upgrades work how they should and there are good realistic aims. rFactor struggled because of the sheer randomness of it, as well as Race07 and other rFactor based games. FFG is the best combination we have really, it combines management, racing, livery making and commentary that makes what can be dull races worth watching. I would revive a completely overhauled rFactor game if I had the time and motivation to do it, but I don't at the moment.
I have to agree on most of that but the point I'm trying to make is what Jack described perfectly:
I've pretty lost all motivation for anything GP4 related
This is the crux of the problem, we need some new games that can sparkle things back to life. People lost their motivation for GP4 as we've had it for so long now and I have to say it has worked an absolute treat so far. But it just misses the "hype factor" that was there at the start of FFG.

Motorsports manager is out soon, we could see how that pans out and we could possibly do something with that?
I'll check it out as soon as it releases on the 10th, it has been waiting in my steam library for way too long

Back in the day though i played RTL GP, which was a great manager, and it had a great editor, but sadly it has become that old that it doesn't run on my pc anymore, there's an updated version from 2014 which does work, but gameplay is way worse. And i don't know if simulation is possible

It seems that we'll take a break then, this time a planned one.

I take responsibility for it, I dropped the ball at the end of S3 when we were still going very strong and S4 didn't really do well enough to make up for it, so I apologise to the series for that. I love the game, but I do find other things to do in place of it, I think it really does show. I'll look to revisit it when the time is right, but it seems it won't be immediate.
Of course, anyone that would be interested, there are numerous team spots available. I can understand managers shutting down teams but am a tad more disappointed in a full leave of the series, should that happen as well we'd be down way too many people sadly and then there would really be no option whatsoever.

But, if a break is planned, then we'll try to go out on a high.

My main idea was to retire at end of season, but not for lack of motivation, but by the university, but under the conditions that it seems that many will leave, I guess I'll stay. In fact, I have a skin for a team that I made years ago for GPG and it can be used. But for now I can't take charge of a team until at least mid-December, when start my vacation. I could also cooperate with any video or any administrative stuff, but I would have to try first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes