RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE CHAMPION RETURNS
07 - France - Race.png

Jamie Cocks returned to the top step of the podium after grinding out a hard fought victory at Dijon. The Australian benefitted from an early incident between both ARTs and Daniel Harvey, but it was his second stint in which he clawed back 6 seconds on Takuma Ishikawa to be able to overtake the Japanese driver in the pitstops that was the crucial point of the race. Ishikawa looked like he was finally about to deliver a big result in the Razor, in the end it wasn't as big as hoped, and a last ditch effort at catching Cocks ended up well short.
Tapio Rinneaho doubled up with a second straight podium for Falcon, the Finn turning his season around yet again. He was just ahead of a close finish between Oorjit Mishra and Nathan Cornes, the Indian getting fourth by a mere 0.002 of a second. Cornes found himself struggling with the JHR for most of the race, in the end his charge from 16th was interrupted in fifth place.
Harry Costello took 6th, being passed late by Mishra and Cornes, but he was well ahead of Kederer in 7th, the German ace making up good ground through the race and was rewarded with points. McNamara was 8th, Yamaguchi made it two cars in the points for JHR again, while Andy Graham was able to hold onto 10th place and another point.
Manolis Sigoulakis was the unlucky driver in 11th, battling with Graham and Diehl late in the race. Daniel Harvey recovered from his earlier off into 13th, while Vimal Ana led teammate Jack Laskey. The Brit opted for a single stop, and while he led earlier in the race, he was easy pickings late in the race and fell back through the pack.
Rui Martins, Rob Sharp and Stephan Bohner all failed to make an impact in the race, while Aaron Reed and Donald Brugman were both involved in a rather heavy impact with Cornes early. Rautavaara and Utzer were the only two retirements.
The series moves back to the British Isles next round, for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Marketplace closes at 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference

@Jamie Cocks Your first win this season, is a charge for the title still possible?
@Takuma Ishikawa A first podium for you, how is it feeling, one step to go?
@TTupsi Does this mean your season is really on track again now?

Press Paddock
@Milos @Joel @Benutzername @Millsy24 Any comments?
@William Néron A first win of the season, is there something about Dijon that just works for you guys?
@C0rrUpti0Nz Weird to not be in the proper press conference?
@Matt Bailey A good day or a missed opportunity?

@TTupsi Does this mean your season is really on track again now?
We are certainly getting there but we still have a lot work ahead of us. We are catching other teams but have also been lucky in the last races. We have to be realistic and be ready when other teams stop doing silly mistakes.
It wouldn't hurt either if Rob could find a setup he's comfortable with. He has really struggled with the car this season as can be seen from his points total...

+1 RBHP
+20 Race skill

THE CHAMPION RETURNS

Press Paddock
@Milos @Joel @Benutzername @Millsy24 Any comments?
Well, i did not participate in FP1, still was 2nd in FP2 and got the pole in the qualifying. We had shown before that our performance is quite good, especially when starting from the top of the grid.
Joel did a perfect start, both cars were high in the standings. Though we retired early, it can be safely said that we would have taken many points home today.
But we were taken out, without beeing able to do anything against it. It was no driving error from me, not a driving error from Joel. There also wasn't a failure. Daniel tried to overtake me, while i was side by side with Joel, which means: There is pretty damn little space, so one have to be absolutely precise when overtaking,, no mistakes allowed. Daniel made one, had to correct his steering abit cause his rear was a bit light. Touched me, i touched Joel, end of the race. Daniel, you knew it would be a close call to overtake like that. The race was long enough, you could have overtaken more safely later on.

Anyway, **** [Edit: Woah, RD censores automatically. o.O)happens. As usual i should shut my mouth when it comes to driving errors, even when driving freely. Still, that should not happen.
Just very unlucky for our team, to be taken out that early with both cars from a good position.

Last edited:
Ben explained it perfectly. For once when it seemed like we did everything right, seems like the others didn't. Maybe even 2nd place is too much to ask now..

not really,
Daniel tried to overtake me, while i was side by side with Joel, which means: There is pretty damn little space, so one have to be absolutely precise when overtaking, no mistakes allowed. Daniel made one, had to correct his steering a bit because his rear was a bit light. Touched me, i touched Joel, end of the race. Daniel, you knew it would be a close call to overtake like that. The race was long enough, you could have overtaken more safely later on.

Ben pretty much summed it up

all to rskill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back