RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
View attachment 109806
Nathan Cornes secured a record 3rd win in a row in Austin, not being afraid to get his elbows up along the way. In a race that promised little but gave a bit more than that, the Australian made the most of his Razor and strong qualifying to get to the front. Making a move mid race on countryman and pole sitted McNamara saw the 2KF1 driver go around, Cornes not looking back after that. Ishikawa's transmission failed after a strong pass was made...
With that win, Cornes finds himself in the simply amazing position of 43 points up after just 4 races. Razor too have 43 points separating them from Apex, both teams counting the cost of Utzer and Ishikawa failing to make points or even the distance. With such reliability, the two teams aren't yet infallible, the loss of income that they are repeatedly missing could become painfully apparent very soon.

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Is it something to worry about that one car is winning and the other is struggling so much?

I'm both happy and annoyed at the same time. Obviously we are happy that Cornes has grabbed 3 in a row, but it's frustrating having a mechanical DNF for Ishikawa, he really hasn't had luck on his side yet. He has only made 1 mistake which resulted in a DNF, the next race he had a bad strategy by the team, scored points then this mechanical failure. I'm sure if we were able to deliver him a car this race that didn't break down he could have won here, I'm positive that this will change and he'll come back strong in the coming races. The season is long and we are still in good shape. Sure, for 3/4 of the races we have not achieved our goal and thus our early advantage has been reduced. We find our team having earned less than DTK, 2KF1, JHR, RD and N-Tech this race so we really need to have some good luck on both sides of the garage in the next few races to remain in the hunt for the constructors championship.

Pretty stupid that we've been robbed of a massive haul of points due to two inexperienced drivers. I don't care that one is on a 3 win streak, it was poorly executed and only impacted us. The fact that Manolis held onto his car instead of spinning was so very important.

I agree, it was a poorly executed move and we don't want that sort of thing happening, he could have easily taken himself out of the race like we saw in the first race. This is not the way we would like to see our drivers passing others.

Also congrats to Brugman on the podium :thumbsup:

Buys

+3 R-HP

CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
View attachment 109806
Nathan Cornes secured a record 3rd win in a row in Austin, not being afraid to get his elbows up along the way. In a race that promised little but gave a bit more than that, the Australian made the most of his Razor and strong qualifying to get to the front. Making a move mid race on countryman and pole sitted McNamara saw the 2KF1 driver go around, Cornes not looking back after that.
Behind, Joel Rautavaara was solid as he made his way to second place late in the race, but the big story of the podium was that of Donald Brugman being able to hold off both Sigoulakis and Kederer, the latter with a brave inside re-pass on dead tyres plus no fuel. The one stop strategy was used well, but it was obvious that it wasn't the best strategy.
Kederer secured 4th, while Vimal Ana took a leaf from Cornes' book, taking Sigoulakis out at Turn 11 on the final lap. The Greek driver narrowly avoided a complete spin out, holding 6th from Rui Martins, Stephan Bohner who also lost out in the Ana-Sigoulakis contact, Cocks and Costello. Even then, Yamaguchi, Diehl, Harvey and Sharp were very close to the 10, in fact, 5th place was just 6 seconds ahead of 14th. Reed, McNamara and Mishra were the remaining finishers.
Rinneaho and Utzer both saw their engines fail, while Laskey suffered a puntcure, Ishikawa's transmission failed after a strong pass was made, and a loose wheel saw Andy Graham also insert himself into the record books, the Brit is the first person to suffer 4 retirements in a row.
With that win, Cornes finds himself in the simply amazing position of 43 points up after just 4 races. Razor too have 43 points separating them from Apex, both teams counting the cost of Utzer and Ishikawa failing to make points or even the distance. With such reliability, the two teams aren't yet infallible, the loss of income that they are repeatedly missing could become painfully apparent very soon.
Next round we're racing for the border...with Canada! We return to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a homecoming for the champion N-Tech team. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@C0rrUpti0Nz We're getting used to seeing you here now, talk us through your race.
@Joel First podium of the season, is it something for you and the team to really build on?
@Donaldinho105 Talk us through that, it must have been a massive last few laps having to hold out such experienced competitors?

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Is it something to worry about that one car is winning and the other is struggling so much?
@William Néron With your home race next, how do you feel N-Tech are currently placed?
@kedy89 So very close on that final lap, did you think he was going to go for the position like that?
@James McNamara @Manolis Sigoulakis @Aidan Keranen Give us an idea of what you guys are thinking after the two incidents of contact?
@T.Yamaguchi Fastest lap for you today, something to be happy with?
@Márk Lintner @TTupsi @Rob Sharp The pace of the Falcon seemed so poor this round, was it a one off or are you worrying a bit now?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham You were quite vocal on team radio, is the dream move starting to break down? If so, are you looking at taking a test seat elsewhere instead?
@Tim For you too, how can you explain that one car is constantly failing?
Not really, I felt very confident in the car and my defending. Which resulted of course in a very fun last few laps. Gotta build on these kind of performances. @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham your time will come mate, don't give up that easily!

+15 Quali Skill
+30 Race Skill

CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
View attachment 109806
Nathan Cornes secured a record 3rd win in a row in Austin, not being afraid to get his elbows up along the way. In a race that promised little but gave a bit more than that, the Australian made the most of his Razor and strong qualifying to get to the front. Making a move mid race on countryman and pole sitted McNamara saw the 2KF1 driver go around, Cornes not looking back after that.
Behind, Joel Rautavaara was solid as he made his way to second place late in the race, but the big story of the podium was that of Donald Brugman being able to hold off both Sigoulakis and Kederer, the latter with a brave inside re-pass on dead tyres plus no fuel. The one stop strategy was used well, but it was obvious that it wasn't the best strategy.
Kederer secured 4th, while Vimal Ana took a leaf from Cornes' book, taking Sigoulakis out at Turn 11 on the final lap. The Greek driver narrowly avoided a complete spin out, holding 6th from Rui Martins, Stephan Bohner who also lost out in the Ana-Sigoulakis contact, Cocks and Costello. Even then, Yamaguchi, Diehl, Harvey and Sharp were very close to the 10, in fact, 5th place was just 6 seconds ahead of 14th. Reed, McNamara and Mishra were the remaining finishers.
Rinneaho and Utzer both saw their engines fail, while Laskey suffered a puntcure, Ishikawa's transmission failed after a strong pass was made, and a loose wheel saw Andy Graham also insert himself into the record books, the Brit is the first person to suffer 4 retirements in a row.
Next round we're racing for the border...with Canada! We return to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a homecoming for the champion N-Tech team. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@C0rrUpti0Nz We're getting used to seeing you here now, talk us through your race.
@Joel First podium of the season, is it something for you and the team to really build on?
@Donaldinho105 Talk us through that, it must have been a massive last few laps having to hold out such experienced competitors?

Press Paddock
@William Néron With your home race next, how do you feel N-Tech are currently placed?
@kedy89 So very close on that final lap, did you think he was going to go for the position like that?
@James McNamara @Manolis Sigoulakis @Aidan Keranen Give us an idea of what you guys are thinking after the two incidents of contact?
@T.Yamaguchi Fastest lap for you today, something to be happy with?
@Márk Lintner @TTupsi @Rob Sharp The pace of the Falcon seemed so poor this round, was it a one off or are you worrying a bit now?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham You were quite vocal on team radio, is the dream move starting to break down? If so, are you looking at taking a test seat elsewhere instead?
@Tim For you too, how can you explain that one car is constantly failing?
It was always going to be a tough race, a lot of pace from the others and the track didnt allow for a lot of overtakes, i just needed to stay positive and race the race. Apologies to @James McNamara maybe next time just let me pass :p Congratulations to Joel and Donald, you guys raced very well as well!

General Impression:
Austin delivered in the end even though for the most part of the race it didn't look that way. Only towards the latter part of the race, when the different strategies showed their effect, it became the spectacle we hoped for.

With some great defensive moves on the straights whilst losing grip in the corners through sector one, Donald Brugman really did a superb job to keep his Jawz into third and his first podium spot. Rautavaara did well to clear Sigoulakis and Brugman to finish comfortably in second and Cornes just cruised to a third successive victory, which is a hell of a achievement so soon in the season.

Interesting detail is that after four races into the season, only 4 drivers out of 22 have made the finish in all four races; Cornes, Rautavaara, Cocks and Ana.

Drivers view:
"A little disappointed I could not hold on to seventh and lost a place to Martins, instead of capitalising on the collision between Ana and Sigoulakis. Still, eighth still means valuable points and income for R&D, so I am not complaining too much. It will be quite a challenge to overhaul Razor and Cornes in particular this season though, maybe I'll have to put some marshmallows in his tyres to slow him down a bit #cunningplan."

Upgrades:
Budget: $0
Income: $400
+10 Quali Skill ($100)
+30 Race Skill ($300)

Total of Expenses: $400
Remaining Budget: $0

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 791
Race BHP: 799
CoF: 5075
Quali Skill: 16050
Race Skill: 16155
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron posts his team buys.

In response to interview question:
My performance this season is a cause for concern and I can only hope that I find some pace in the coming weeks.

Buys:
+25 race skill please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back